Official: 2011 Audi A6!!!

Caddilac

Audi cars are looking too darn similar...I love the front but the rear is too current A4ish. Interior is like the new A7. Side profile looks unchanged from current model....

This new A6 has boring strom trooper face.... phaeton/A8 meshed up ass... A4 profile ... Audi designers clearly lack creativity and imagination.

This Audi design language can be traced back at least 15 years to the old Audi 80 and 100 with some tweak here and there.

Even BMWs can be better distinguished among different classes and different generation ... All Audis in the last 15 years or so look the same with the exception of TT. R8 and the new quattro concept.

The quattro concept remains the best modern Audi design lately.

Edited by Miles

oh i forgot to add a question, why is the side of the new 2011 A6 the exact same design as the current model???

and the norm for luxury cars these days is the S-Class (S300L/ S350L) or the 7-Series (740Li/ 750Li)....

these middle class luxury cars (for those going for one) ain't good enough le....

Most car companies are nowadays run by accountants or fund houses so to maximize profits, using same platform, parts sharing, similar designs etc. help to reduce operating/R&D/mfg costs :)

Most car companies are nowadays run by accountants or fund houses so to maximize profits, using same platform, parts sharing, similar designs etc. help to reduce operating/R&D/mfg costs :)

that's the sad thing....[bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

The big 3 German brands (Audi,BMW & Mercedes) all have similarly designed cars in all their respective class models.A tweak in size, minor design modifications and engine specifications and viola they launch their new model.

The new A6 is an expanded A4,The new 5 series an adaptation from 7 series.

Jaguar's designers are doing a good job.XJ is distinguishable from XF especially in the rear.

Edited by Taciturn

huh??? RS3 saving grace??? it's just a souped up S3, or A3 Sportback for that matter....

i agree with the R8 V10 spyder though....

but i prefer the real deal....the Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera Spyder....

The big 3 German brands (Audi,BMW & Mercedes) all have similarly designed cars in all their respective class models.A tweak in size, minor design modifications and engine specifications and viola they launch their new model.

The new A6 is an expanded A4,The new 5 series an adaptation from 7 series.

Jaguar's designers are doing a good job.XJ is distinguishable from XF especially in the rear.

yup.... i'm finding the C-Class and E-Class looking more alike than ever....

the next S-Class would probably have the angular sides the C&E-Class currently have....

Jaguar can do different designs of the XF and XJ is because these are the only sedans they have....

is it difficult to design 2 different styled cars then???

Neutral Newbie

I hope Jaguar will launch a 3 series-sized model.They need to penetrate the entry level luxury class market.

Alfa Romeo's belated 169 is one I eagerly anticipate although there is no word since Alfa postponed its production.

I hope Jaguar will launch a 3 series-sized model.They need to penetrate the entry level luxury class market.

Alfa Romeo's belated 169 is one I eagerly anticipate although there is no word since Alfa postponed its production.

from what i understand, the XF is the replacement for the S-Type....

but seeing how the 5-Series and E-Class has grown in girth, i can't help but wonder the XF is now the in-between of the 3-und-5 and C-und-E Klasse respectively....

basically, the Jaguar XF is competing in a class of its own??? haha....

↡ Advertisement