Thinking of BMW X5, anyone has experience, plse advise

Throttle2

Was thinking of becoming more family oriented and switching to an SUV.

looked at many including murano 3.5, Q5 etc... and it came down to X5 and Cayenne.

In the end, i think X5 is a better choice overall.

Anyone with experience of this car or a truly better suggestion, plse kindly advise/comment.

Thank you Fellas

↡ Advertisement

How come Q5 and not Q7?

I am also deciding between Q7 and X5, despite some bad reviews about the X5 3.0L. Word is, the 4.8L is the model to get.

From many US and Euro reviews, ML350 appears quite good, performance and ergonomics wise. dunno why cerano shot it down.

The reason it is out for me is that it isn't 7 seater and omv a bit low for the asking price translating to only a slightly lower depreciation than X5 and Q7.

nice car...

my dad driving it.

but get the 4.8l one...

Thanks for the comment

I'm only considering the 3 liter one.

if 4.8, i would just go for the Maser GT 4.2.

Was thinking of becoming more family oriented and switching to an SUV.

looked at many including murano 3.5, Q5 etc... and it came down to X5 and Cayenne.

In the end, i think X5 is a better choice overall.

Anyone with experience of this car or a truly better suggestion, plse kindly advise/comment.

Thank you Fellas

Choose the ML unless u dont mind some of its short comings. But overall in this cat, the X5 without doubt the king of SUV.

Thanks for the comment

I'm only considering the 3 liter one.

hmm ok...

heard the 2011 version has much better fuel efficiency

While the 2010 X5 had only an average base fuel economy rating, the new model is expected to get two more miles per gallon in the city and three more on the highway. That makes its estimated 17/25 city/highway rating one of the best in the entire luxury midsize class.

thought you wanted to be more family oriented? [rolleyes]

anyway, between X5 and Cayenne, i'd pick the latter. personally, i'd go for Q7 for the same money but that's just me [;)]

How come Q5 and not Q7?

I am also deciding between Q7 and X5, despite some bad reviews about the X5 3.0L. Word is, the 4.8L is the model to get.

From many US and Euro reviews, ML350 appears quite good, performance and ergonomics wise. dunno why cerano shot it down.

The reason it is out for me is that it isn't 7 seater and omv a bit low for the asking price translating to only a slightly lower depreciation than X5 and Q7.

Actually neither Q5 nor Q7, I'm not against Audis at all and recognise that they are very good cars. but it somehow doesnt melt my heart.

on the ML350, cerano say not good car becos the gtonic koyak.

did you get my PM replies in the end?

thought you wanted to be more family oriented? [rolleyes]

anyway, between X5 and Cayenne, i'd pick the latter. personally, i'd go for Q7 for the same money but that's just me [;)]

yes but if 4++liter than i'll go for maser which is also ok for me. in fact more spacious than my 6er now.

someone just tempted me with a 335i coupe......ahhhhh........

choices choices choices, too bad circumstances not right to keep 2 cars.

Actually neither Q5 nor Q7, I'm not against Audis at all and recognise that they are very good cars. but it somehow doesnt melt my heart.

on the ML350, cerano say not good car becos the gtonic koyak.

did you get my PM replies in the end?

I only got the one reply where you said you replied already... Funny... I dun seem to be getting PMs and i dun get a record of my sent PMs..

For the same used car price, i can either get an X5 3.0 or Q7 4.2 V8, give and take a year or so difference in age. Mileage is not a concern for me as i intend to go for full servicing and replace parts once i get it. The Audi is a lot more tempting, performance wise. The X5 3.0 felt really slooooow when i drove it.

I only got the one reply where you said you replied already... Funny... I dun seem to be getting PMs and i dun get a record of my sent PMs..

For the same used car price, i can either get an X5 3.0 or Q7 4.2 V8, give and take a year or so difference in age. Mileage is not a concern for me as i intend to go for full servicing and replace parts once i get it. The Audi is a lot more tempting, performance wise. The X5 3.0 felt really slooooow when i drove it.

similar price go for the Q7...

i would... my dad driving the 3.0 X5.... performance a bit disappointing

Edited by Little_prince

ML350 also was on my list but Cerano shoot it down....

fren...since when u bother abt ppl comments....wa lau... [laugh][laugh]

being the badge whore that you are...Cayenne [wave]

Honestly Throttle2.....I think you made your mind up...just you kay kay here onli...like when i was seeking my boxster/cayman....my heart mind already made up...jsut wanted to know how ppl think...

so go for it man...ML not too bad lah....

↡ Advertisement