Which comfort tyre to choose?

MacDuck

Need new tyres for vehicle, priorities are comfort and aquaplaning resistance.

Have narrowed down to four choices

1) Yokohama Aspec dB

2) Toyo C1S

3) Bridgestone GR90

4) Michelin Primacy LC

I like the thread design of C1S but can't find more review on it, anyone tried it before?

GR90 and Primacy LC are the most expensive.

C1S and Aspec dB pricing not much difference.

Edited by MacDuck
↡ Advertisement

I've only had experience with the Aspec dB and DNA dB tyres and the GR80. First, the DNA dB is the successor to the Aspec dB and addresses the Aspec's craptastic wet grip. Go for that instead of the Aspec if you're going with the Yokohama tyres. It's quieter than the Aspec too, and even the GR80. With the GR80, you'd sacrifice a tiny bit of comfort for tyres (not much difference really) that grip better all around and seem to last longer too. More expensive though.

I got a quote for cooper Zeon XTC for 215/55/16. but the shop told me manufactured in 2007+.

It is selling at 100 per pcs.

Can buy?

I read from internet shelf life is normal for up to 4 years.... Please share your opinion.

Thank you

Neutral Newbie

I got a quote for cooper Zeon XTC for 215/55/16. but the shop told me manufactured in 2007+.

Can buy?

I read from internet shelf life is normal for up to 4 years.... Please share your opinion.

Thank you

[/quot

Hello to all,

Please include Hankook ME01 from Korea, soft and quiet. Should be in the list

Thank you! [rolleyes]

Can buy?

Thank you

Do Not Buy...........its quite hardened liao. Not worth the risk for a little bit more :excl:

Hamburger,

Thank you. So I shall not buy then.

try Kumho Kh31(quieter) or Ku 31(sportier), should be around 100...................and confirm fresh

Need new tyres for vehicle, priorities are comfort and aquaplaning resistance.

Have narrowed down to four choices

1) Yokohama Aspec dB

2) Toyo C1S

3) Bridgestone GR90

4) Michelin Primacy LC

I like the thread design of C1S but can't find more review on it, anyone tried it before?

GR90 and Primacy LC are the most expensive.

C1S and Aspec dB pricing not much difference.

GR90 and LC my recommendation [thumbsup] if you are willing to pay

TOYO c1s no comment [confused] \

yoko aspec db other origin is a quite a old technology product

I've only used before Bridgestone RE001 and Toyo C1S(current), so I shall comment based on these 2.

After changing over from RE001 to C1S, the feeling is very different. Handling wise, C1S is not as responsive but still not bad. In terms of comfort level C1S is very much better. Even as I approach 15000km on the C1S, it's noise level is still low. And the thread wear index is 300, so it should be able to last me til at least 50000km. I was told that brand new BMWs have C1S on them.

Edited by Mace_1980

Read somewhere Bridgestone has EP100A which is comfort based. Any bro has experience?

Edited by Virus
↡ Advertisement