The NEW KIA CERATO HATCHBACK

I-LOVE-CARS

The Forte hatchback joins the Cerato Forte sedan and Forte Koup coupe in Kia's local line-up, and strengthens Kia's presence in Singapore's vital family car segment. "The latest Forte is designed to appeal especially to those consumers with young families who prefer a hatchback for its style and enhanced practicality," said Chin Kee Min, Senior Manager for KIA Operations, Cycle & Carriage KIA Pte Ltd.

Mr Chin added. "The availability of this third body-style for our mid-size car segment will enable Kia to meet the needs of a broader range of customers. This derivative will boost total Forte sales to an even higher level by capturing a larger market share."

The Forte hatchback retains the same width, height and wheelbase as the Cerato Forte sedan, with only the rear overhang reduced by 190mm, making it 4340mm long. Despite the shorter length, the Forte hatchback still has a reasonable cargo capacity of 385 litres.

The new Forte hatchback also comes with the improvements that were recently introduced on the rest of the Forte range, like the new six-speed automatic gearbox that comes with steering-mounted paddle shifters. Other new features on the Forte hatchback include the LED indicators on the door mirrors, and integrated Bluetooth system for the built-in head unit.

Quote from Sgcarmart.com

It looks better than the sedan....what do you all think..bro out there,

I think hyundai might bring in the I40 to go head to head with this car [:)]

↡ Advertisement

shorter length than sedan.. but interior space should be the same right? hatchback's boot space is 385 litres.. wat about sedan's boot space?

Hatch cost extra 1k more than the sedan.

Saw the hatch this week - the backside reminds me of the Sportage, not bad looking compared to its sedan brother [cool]

But hatchback normally dont have big boot space. Still perfer a sedan. [:p]

Supersonic

but the price not that good

Abt 86k consider ok lo, as now most car costs ard 90k.

Clutched

I am driving a second hand 2009 Kia Cerato Forte which I bought last month. The car is awesome but there were somethings that I dislike and want to improve on.

1) light steering feeling. I got to turn the steering more when making the same right turn compared to when I was driving my previous Toyota

2) when going slowly over a hump, the rear passenger will complain that the car is bouncy at the rear.

3) when travelling at 90-100km/h, and its goes over some manhole cover or uneven road, I can feel the car move slightly sideway. This is totally different from driving my previous Toyota whereby I dun feel the car moving sideway a little.

Any ways to improve the abovementioned??? Thanks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

Abt 86k consider ok lo, as now most car costs ard 90k.

how come korean car also cost so much these days

↡ Advertisement