Used cars are just ridiculously expensive......

Longg8

6 years old japanese car selling for 30k++ is simply too expensive...

am i the only one who feel so? am i missing something here?

think my pay didnt go up as much as i think i should be.... [bounce1]

↡ Advertisement

Brand new Jap cars are selling in the range of $80K plus to $90K plus now. So 6 yrs old Jap car going for 30K+ is quite normal, slightly less than 50% of new car price. In current market, don't expect to find cars selling at paper + body value. No choice.

Brand new Jap cars are selling in the range of $80K plus to $90K plus now. So 6 yrs old Jap car going for 30K+ is quite normal, slightly less than 50% of new car price. In current market, don't expect to find cars selling at paper + body value. No choice.

6yrs ago..COE doesnt cost 43k....

haiz.....

im so fed up that i sold off my car...ya it's a 6 years old...yes..it's a japanese...

haiz.....

im so fed up that i sold off my car...ya it's a 6 years old...yes..it's a japanese...

Why don't u try calling banks to see if u can buy off re-possessed cars direct fm them?

haiz.....

sold off your car why? couldnt afford to maintain comfortably liao si bo?...

go get a better paying job.... or at least a job that maintains your car...

and stop grumbling that car nowadays so expensive... i mean seriously when i started riding driving in the late 90s cars cost same if not more than today........

all the best to you...

• Praise 1

haiz.....

Maybe now its time fr me to consider selling off my 5 yr old Optra n take BMW for a couple of years till the COE comes down again? [rolleyes]

Maybe I get a bike even. [thumbsup]

sold off your car why? couldnt afford to maintain comfortably liao si bo?...

go get a better paying job.... or at least a job that maintains your car...

and stop grumbling that car nowadays so expensive... i mean seriously when i started riding driving in the late 90s cars cost same if not more than today........

all the best to you...

When I started driving in the 70's I cud get a small 2nd hand car for abt $6K only. [drivingcar]

$10K was a good 1.6 jap car a few years old only. [thumbsup]

Maybe now its time fr me to consider selling off my 5 yr old Optra n take BMW for a couple of years till the COE comes down again? [rolleyes]

Maybe I get a bike even. [thumbsup]

Get a big bike =) Class 2 license, probably get the BMW GS1200 =)

Neutral Newbie

I feel like used car priced according to new car price in the sense of yearly depreciation. Therefore I find it is not worth to buy used car at this moment. Of course buying used car saves loan interests and less down payment.

I feel like used car priced according to new car price in the sense of yearly depreciation. Therefore I find it is not worth to buy used car at this moment. Of course buying used car saves loan interests and less down payment.

Every used products is pegged to the new product prices what.

You look at housing, you know too what.

its the same lah.....

if COE plunge to sub 10k, you will say not worth to buy old car... as new car is cheap... LPPL [laugh]

Anyways, with so many cars on the limited roads we have, I think we can say bye-bye to low COE's of yester-years.

Affordable motoring can only be done via more than 5yrs old 2nd hand buys.

Turbocharged

When I started driving in the 70's I cud get a small 2nd hand car for abt $6K only. [drivingcar]

$10K was a good 1.6 jap car a few years old only. [thumbsup]

My first car cost $430, my second was $1,790, my third was $4,900, my forth was $12,750, my fifth was $1,310, my sixth was $69,500 - guess where I bought my sixth :o

Get a big bike =) Class 2 license, probably get the BMW GS1200 =)

ER.....No lah. I get the bike just to use fr transport till I get a car in a couple of years time.

I dont want to get a bike which cost as much as a 2nd hand car. Then when want to buy car, got no $$$. Just a 200-400cc bike sud b more than enough fr my needs in SG. I already hv a class 2 licence cos b4 I drive, I used to ride bikes. :D

If I get a cheap simple bike, I can keep it n wil hv a car n bike to use depending on where I go n what I doing. [idea]

My first car cost $430, my second was $1,790, my third was $4,900, my forth was $12,750, my fifth was $1,310, my sixth was $69,500 - guess where I bought my sixth :o

Toys R Us? These collectibles are sure expensive these days! [:p]

Hahaha. Thats an easy question to answer: At the wrong time n place. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement