Sonax at Stamford Tyres Lengkee

Jerry

Guys,just like to warn bros out there about this shop located at stamford tyres.

I am a hobbyist groomer and am very careful with the washing and grooming techniques when washing or polishing my car. But as all would know,swirls marks are inevitable. Paint condition of my car is still very new since my car is only about 1 year old.

So when i came across this deal at deal.com.sg : http://deal.com.sg/recent-deals/40-sonax-c...minor-scratches

I thought i could give it a try since Sonax is pretty well known and there was a 40% saving. Enquired before purchasing the package and was confirmed that the package does defect remover. So took the plunge and bought the package in January 2011 as i wanted to remove the swirl marks on my ride.

Sent my car down on march for the grooming.Initially was told that it would require 6 hours for it,but car was done in less than 3 hours. Suspected something was not right,i asked the worker there and they told me that they did only hand polish. Unhappy with it,i called the boss up. He insisted that they did machine polishing until i told him that the worker has already confessed that they did hand polish only.

Only then that he admitted it, told me that i should have told them that i wanted swirl remover and that the lighting condition there made it difficult for them to detect the swirls.I told him off straight,they are the professionals and should know how to inspect the paint condition instead of waiting for customers to tell them.Furthermore,the package is a full complete car grooming which was supposed to be sold at $230.Will anyone pay $230 for hand polishing?

In the end,the boss agreed to compensate me with a swirl remover session.I reluctantly accepted the offer.

Sent my car down last week for the swirl remover session.Took only 2 hours for the whole session as they only did the exterior.I was there when they started to polish my car,only after confirming that the workers used machine polish did i left the place.When collecting the car,it was raining so did not really check the car condition.

The next morning under sunlight,to my horror not only did they not remove swirl marks,they inflicted holograms on the whole car.Really give up on the groomer so decided not to pursue the matter further.Just my luck!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

The boss just called me after i feedback to deal.com.sg.

He ask me to drop by one more time and he will personally supervise and make sure that all defects will be removed.

I am now really hesitant on whether i should give them one last try.

Thank you for sharing your bad experience.

Now that you have revealed them,

I think you should follow up with the boss.

Otherwise, they will accept that their ill practices is okay to cotinue with other drivers.

For me I learnt my experience after one session with autoglim.

So now no more polishing by others.

I DIY,

• Praise 1

Hi bro. Tks for sharing.

I think for me I would do the same as you and dont follow up/pursue further. To follow up might do further damage and cause even more heartache.

• Praise 1

[thumbsup] thanks for exposing these zero honesty groomers

i DIY my car for 4 years ..altho some slight swirl marks canot be avoid, but im still happy waxing and detaling my car

i tried once on those freelance groomers ..it was nothing but some cheap scam ...finished everything under 1 hours.

workmanship is poor .

so decided to DIY since then... [flowerface]

• Praise 1

Noted.

For me I trust my hands and good polisher. And I had also did study and signed package with one of the polisher. Result is [thumbsup]

Ride is 6 years now, condition is new car look. [:p] Just my humble comment.

• Praise 1

the boss should check out their SONAX groomers at Stamford Jurong. Very lazy and always give excuses not to accept customers' cars. I went there he said polishing machine spoilt so cannot polish. I say hand polish he said only 1 person cannot do...... WTF. I said just wash and vacuum how much he said pls talk to the counter staff. I turned my head around and he just vanished into his little hiding space behind the corner...... Think they close down better. <_<

• Praise 1

Overall, I rate Stamford Jurong quite highly due to numerous good experiences. ( different experience at some of the other branches). So I guess Sonax at Jurong could be different as it is probably a subcon and the not within the control of Stamford mgmt.

Turbocharged

there is another polisher using SONAX products along thomson road.

Those 2 guys dont look professional at all.

Feel like scolding them when i saw them using the same cloth to clean the rims and the area above the rim.

• Praise 1

sorry to hear abt your case.. thanks for sharing...

actually Grand Hyatt carpark the polish service not bad... will have free parking also... ^_^

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I also DIY, from vac, to interior detailing, washing, polishing. Swirl marks sure have, but some products do minimise them.

I am a hobbyist groomer and am very careful with the washing and grooming techniques when washing or polishing my car. But as all would know,swirls marks are inevitable. Paint condition of my car is still very new since my car is only about 1 year old.

shouldn't a hobbyist do everything by themselves, why outsource something that you love to achieve??? do u think a part-time cleaner will clean your house as clean as you personally clean your house???? set the expectation right...dude.....

• Praise 1

(edited)

shouldn't a hobbyist do everything by themselves, why outsource something that you love to achieve??? do u think a part-time cleaner will clean your house as clean as you personally clean your house???? set the expectation right...dude.....

Yes bro,i prefer to do everything myself.But i have sold off my DA and am only mantaining my car with hand polish.Can you remove swirls by hand?I dont think its easy.

My previous car i do use my DA to polish myself to remove the swirls.But ever since i changed my car and got a new job,i do not have time to use my DA thus have sold it off.

Even if you love to clean your house,will you be able to polish the marble flooring by yourself by hand?You still have to call in professionals to buffer the marble by machine to bring out the shine in it.Get my point?

So please try to understand the situation first before asking people to get their expectations right.

Edited by Jerry

Yes bro,i prefer to do everything myself.But i have sold off my DA and am only mantaining my car with hand polish.Can you remove swirls by hand?I dont think its easy.

My previous car i do use my DA to polish myself to remove the swirls.But ever since i changed my car and got a new job,i do not have time to use my DA thus have sold it off.

Even if you love to clean your house,will you be able to polish the marble flooring by yourself by hand?You still have to call in professionals to buffer the marble by machine to bring out the shine in it.Get my point?

So please try to understand the situation first before asking people to get their expectations right.

yo dude, if u r not doing it personally and outsource to others, u gotta set the expectation right...your shine and their shine interpretation is very different...based on your passion for polishing, perhaps u r lucky not to attract red eye and end up having more swirls and scratches :)

btw: my flooring is cement type, those that can be found at hdb void deck whereby cleaning is such a breeze even MPs can wash it during their walkabouts...me not rich so no marble type, i dun need shine shine....hahaha

yo dude, if u r not doing it personally and outsource to others, u gotta set the expectation right...your shine and their shine interpretation is very different...based on your passion for polishing, perhaps u r lucky not to attract red eye and end up having more swirls and scratches :)

btw: my flooring is cement type, those that can be found at hdb void deck whereby cleaning is such a breeze even MPs can wash it during their walkabouts...me not rich so no marble type, i dun need shine shine....hahaha

Dude,think you got to read my post again.I am not talking about the shine here.They promised a swirl remover session but in the end what i got was not even close.Instead they still inflicted holograms on the car and swirls were still very much visible or even worse.Is that fair to me?

They are not doing this free for me,i PAID for it.And furthermore, i am a hobbyist correct.But they are the professionals,they should have more experience/training than me.

Think i will stop the debating with you since i do not think you even understand what i am trying to say.

↡ Advertisement