How often do you change wiper blade?

Quantum

Hi all,
I have few questions regarding the wiper blade:
1.How often do you change wiper blade?
2. Change it by own or whokshop?
3. Change driver side only or both sides?
4. How much roughly?
many tks rolleyes.gif

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

4. How much roughly?

many tks [rolleyes]

1. 8-12mths (use normal bosch blades)

2. DIY

3. both sides

4. cheap cheap 1 pair <$20

1. 8-12mths (use normal bosch blades)

2. DIY

3. both sides

4. cheap cheap 1 pair <$20

surprise!

mine just 4 mths plus blur liao [:(]

and single pc close $20, where do you buy it?

are you using the "TROPICAL RUBBER FORMULA" ones??

i tried those.. everyday drive to Tuas (because of work).. by 3rd months blur liao.. by 5th month i'm a hazard on wheels because too blur..

now trying out silicon wipers from PIAA.. 2 months passed.. still good as new..

Hi all,

4. How much roughly?

many tks [rolleyes]

1. I'll change when it does not wipe thoroughly, maybe 1.5yrs.

2. Change at shop in the industrial park that sells car's spare parts.

3. Change both side.

4. I just changed the wiper last Sat at $38 for both sides

• Praise 1

The normal blue-box NWB, now renamed to Denso (dark blue box), sold at most petrol stations iirc Esso, SPC, Caltex carry them:

I use these, since they are as close to OE replacement, one long one short price about 17 + 12 = 29

easily can use about 3-4years (daily about 120km, whole day hot sun, no shelter no mscp)

when washing car time take a damp cloth run the length of the rubber blade part that touches the glass--this brings them back to quite good condition

surprise!

mine just 4 mths plus blur liao [:(]

and single pc close $20, where do you buy it?

autoabacs. trick is to clean the wiper when u wash ur car. it enhances the life of the wiper

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Mine I have been using for 3 years already. So far still no problems. I think its because I rarely use the wipers. I claybar the windscreen every week so rain droplets just fly off when driving at higher speeds. I am using those frameless wipers from giant. I think was 15+ each.

• Praise 2

I used to get these changed half-yearly at around S$35 during servicing at BM. Then my friend recommended one brand to me (can't rem name) which cost S$90 and I've been using it for the past 3 years. So far, it's been working well for the past few rainy days.

• Praise 1

The normal blue-box NWB, now renamed to Denso (dark blue box), sold at most petrol stations iirc Esso, SPC, Caltex carry them:

I use these, since they are as close to OE replacement, one long one short price about 17 + 12 = 29

easily can use about 3-4years (daily about 120km, whole day hot sun, no shelter no mscp)

when washing car time take a damp cloth run the length of the rubber blade part that touches the glass--this brings them back to quite good condition

I think NWB/Density is better than Bosch. And its cheaper too.

This I agree. I wipe the wipers til they not so blackish.

They then become like new even parked under hot sun n not lifted fr windscreen. Almost 1.5 yrs n ok. N I don't activate them as often, unless heavy downpour, since the wax on my car would cause windscreen water to bead.

Hi guys. . . Wanna ask for all of your opinion that should i change my wiper now? My wiper doesn't really wiper properly as it take a few swipe to make the vision clear. But still no weird sound yet.

Should i wait for rainy season then change? i scare now i change liao later the sun just dry up the rubber. Then wasted. . .

What you all say?

Hi guys. . . Wanna ask for all of your opinion that should i change my wiper now? My wiper doesn't really wiper properly as it take a few swipe to make the vision clear. But still no weird sound yet.

Should i wait for rainy season then change? i scare now i change liao later the sun just dry up the rubber. Then wasted. . .

What you all say?

give your windscreen a good scrub. Sure kim kim koot koot.

give your windscreen a good scrub. Sure kim kim koot koot.

use what scrub arh? I scare it leave scratches leh...hahahha. And use what products?

3 yrs havent change...lol

Woah.... Bro, u use what wiper arh? LOL. Or u never use wiper one? LOL!

My previous workhorse driven for 8 years... and i changed the wiper only once...

So average is about 4 years?

I washed car almost weekly... and clay my windscreen monthly.. it does help to maintain smoothness...

In my wiper reservoir, I did put some windscreen solution...

↡ Advertisement