Michelin XM2

MacDuck

Looks like a good tyre. I like tyres with lesser groves.

This one got only three longitudinal groves....less void space...more rubber blocks.

I think most tyres now got the four groves design.

Neutral Newbie

The XM2 has arrived. I was looking to get the XM1 but was told that the model was discontinued and was offered the XM2 instead. The wider rain groove pattern seems to indicate a better wet handling.

It cost $125 per piece for the 185/70R14 88H version. Didn't do enough kilos to give any meaningful review, though my initial impression is that it is pretty quiet and smooth. My previous set was a Falken FK-07U which has excellent dry grip but does poorly during hard/sudden braking in the wet (causing ABS to kick in frequently). Hopefully the XM2 can achieve a better harmony between dry/wet performance.

The XM2 has arrived. I was looking to get the XM1 but was told that the model was discontinued and was offered the XM2 instead. The wider rain groove pattern seems to indicate a better wet handling.

It cost $125 per piece for the 185/70R14 88H version. Didn't do enough kilos to give any meaningful review, though my initial impression is that it is pretty quiet and smooth. My previous set was a Falken FK-07U which has excellent dry grip but does poorly during hard/sudden braking in the wet (causing ABS to kick in frequently). Hopefully the XM2 can achieve a better harmony between dry/wet performance.

Last year I changed XM1 same profile as yours at $80 per pcs.

XM2 so ex?

Neutral Newbie

XM2 so ex?

Commodities prices has skyrocketed over the past year hence price increase is no surprise though I must say it's pretty expensive. Anyway the price includes replacement of the air valves for all four rims that was not changed since i bought the car.

After having driven it a little more, the tyre do really have significantly lower rolling resistance. This can be easily felt when driving off from any carpark lot.. You just tap the gas pedal a little and the car will the glides out very smoothly even when you turn the steering to make the 90deg turn. Only time will tell whether it will translate into better FC. Having said that, I hope it could still maintain good traction in high-speed corners.

Neutral Newbie

just check prices last week in JB. 185/55R/15 @ SGD103per pc including balancing and alignment.

Should be lower with negotiation.

Understand cheaper in Klang only SGD97/ pc. Will visit klang next month and will change 4 pcs there.

just check prices last week in JB. 185/55R/15 @ SGD103per pc including balancing and alignment.

Should be lower with negotiation.

Understand cheaper in Klang only SGD97/ pc. Will visit klang next month and will change 4 pcs there.

made in Thailand?

I love the new three grooves design.

Less void, more rubber on the road.

Four grooves are excessive, which seems to be the common design.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

post-23730-1311352934_thumb.jpg

made in Thailand?

Well the ones I've got here are Made in Thailand.

Edited by Triton

XM2 so ex?

sometimes has to see where it is made!

i bought my 225/45/17 mic ps3@$250pc made in spain

but made in thailand same spec $170/-!

so what the different?

try you will know!

Hi Triton, care to share where did you change your XM2?

Price inclusive of balancing, valve cap, free lifetime rotation?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Triton, care to share where did you change your XM2?

Price inclusive of balancing, valve cap, free lifetime rotation?

San Ming Huat Tyre & Battery

784 Upper Bukit Timah Road

Singapore 678127

Tel: 6760-6753

Price includes balancing, replacing valves/caps but no free tyre rotation though.

Just an update on my tyres after running just over 1000km.

Good dry grip and seems to be pretty good wet grip as well. I have yet to drive in torrential rain to find out how well the tyre could slice through the puddles. The very low resistance could take a little getting used to becos even if you lifted the pedal, the car can still maintain at speed for quite awhile... so do judge your braking distance accordingly.

Overall I am very pleased with the XM2.

Edited by Triton

Thanks Triton...

Went to some tyre shops near at First centre to look for XM2, was recommend to use Firestone and Marangoni Verso, said no need to waste money on some branded tyre, which was due to their advetising that led these branded tyre to be expensive.

Doubt about their recommendation, any bro here have any idea how were they perform? Not cheap though, for price in the range $120 ~ $130/pc.

However, package incl. balancing, valve cap, lifetime rotation and GST.

↡ Advertisement