Komoco's Hyundai i45 beefed up with more equipment

Alfisti168

(edited)

w.e.f. Jun 2011 production.

2.0 adds driver + passenger electric seats, ESP, push start button + smart key & USB ipod cable.

2.4 adds 18" alloys, Amplitude selective dampers, auto headlights, driver memory seats, automatic wipers, side & curtain airbags.

test drove the i45 2.4 today (not sure whether its >Jun'11 or not) for the first time. Better than I thought =)

Edited by Alfisti168
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Damn, I already bought mine in July, booked in May and waited 2 months to get color of my choice.

If these features have been added, its awesome for new buyers...but I guess with COE going to 72K mark, in comparison to what I paid 52K, these feature are 20K expensive, so I consider it as cost savings :) Cheers.

New facelift model already out lorh. Come with more features so what?

When will KMC bring in the 2.0Turbo 275bhp model??

who would buy such a model?

Turbo engine is not more expensive in the UK or Korean.

But funny things happen when in Singapore.....

The might be a need to create a premium level....so will be sold at higher price!

Put turbo, dunno whether the chassis can take it anot. Could turn out rubbish on the twisties, rolling like a huge ship.

But i agree turbo cars in Singapore cost a lot more... just look at the price of the Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ecoboost and its OMV... =\

w.e.f. Jun 2011 production.

2.0 adds driver + passenger electric seats, ESP, push start button + smart key & USB ipod cable.

2.4 adds 18" alloys, Amplitude selective dampers, auto headlights, driver memory seats, automatic wipers, side & curtain airbags.

test drove the i45 2.4 today (not sure whether its >Jun'11 or not) for the first time. Better than I thought =)

yes saw the i45 not bad....

however korean will be korean

The way KMC does things is they bring in plenty of ready stocks. So they only bring in model that will sell at that given situation [really dependent on the COE prices there and then].

So when I ask the salesperson there, whether KMC will bother to bring in the 2.0TGDi 275bhp i45 Sonata, they blatantly say no, cos the management see's no point in bringing it over to Singapore, for the pricing will be around $20k more than the current 2.4L of $144,999 Guaranteed and -$8k = $136,999 Non-Guaranteed.

That means a price of $164,999 Guaranteed, $156,999 Non-Guaranteed. Still, that's only Toyota Camry's price territory. It's still not exactly impeding into the continental pricing.

But I'm pretty sure a special indent can be made. If there's actually enough special indent, I suppose KMC will make it official then!

↡ Advertisement