OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil

Mikeyeo

Dear friends, I am 57 years old and owning a Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 1.6L CVT engine which I bought in Jan 2006, highly tuned and has clocked only 51,000km. The mileage is very low cos it's use by my wife and I have another higher capacity car.

In mid March this year when the mileage was 47,000, I got it serviced at a workshop and the boss highly recommended me OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil and told me that it is very good and suitable for all NA cars. He claimed that this oil would deliver better power and guaranteed fuel saving of 5%. Well, the printing on the engine oil metal can also stated a guaranteed 5% fuel saving.

As there is no rating such as 5W-30 on the can, I asked the workshop boss about it and he told me that he doesn't know. As I have never use the above OWS engine oil before, I took his recommendation, changed the engine oil with the above OWS engine oil, flushed the engine with OWS products and changed oil filter which I paid $170.00.

Prior to using this oil, I was using SpeedMaster engine oil and KF Massimo both synthetic oil and from Japan for each service and the car was very responsive and torquey. I was achieving relatively good mileage for 50L full tank and been using BRISK Premium LGS spark plugs (the one with 4 pins) for 10,000km.

While the car was on OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil, I already felt that the engine sounds hollow and I thought that it could be due to certain admixtures of the oil.

About a month ago, I noticed that I was getting at least 15% less mileage for 50L full tank and the engine sounds rather harsh as compared to before.

Last week, I brought the car to a mechanic friend who owns a motor repair and servicing workshop and told him the above problems. From mid March 2011 till last week which is 5 months, the car only clocked 4,000km using OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil and I already encountered the above problems.

My mechanic friend initially thought that it could be the sparks plugs. He took them out and found that the plugs are still in good condition. He checked all the engine parts and found nothing wrong and even jacked up my car to check on any engine oil leak but found none.

He then asked me what engine oil I used and I told him OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil. He straight away told me that the oil is not suitable for all cars as there is no rating at all. While at his workshop, I got the engine oil changed to FK Massimo.

My car is now much lighter, more responsive at pick up and over-taking, engine is quite, smooth and beginning to achieve the mileage that I used to get before using OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil.

As OWS manufacturer has printed on the engine oil can guaranteeing 5% saving in fuel consumption but I was getting worse mileage, I wrote to the manufacturer but they have yet to reply to me. I have just written to OWS Singapore distributor and requested his reply on the problems that I encountered.

For those of you who are using or have used OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil, may I have your feedback on this oil. Thanks.

Mike

Edited by Mikeyeo
↡ Advertisement

Hi Mike, how are you? [wave] Long time no see no hear from you.

I had used that oil before. I had not encountered any problems that you had faced.

Ran that oil up to 10k mileage.

It is an expensive oil (I can't remember where or the workshop I got this oil). So I did not continue.

Went back to more established brands like Amsoil, Liquid Moly).

Hi Yuan, I am fine thanks. How are you? Not been active in the motoring forum for quite some time cos I have been spending half of my time living in Australia and other half in Singapore.

Thanks for the feedback. Haven't seen you posting for quite a while. Yes, I always wonder how come that OWS oil has no rating. Funny.

Will be sticking to Amsoil or Mobil.

just sharing some facts... dont wish to kanna sue all...

*check out OWS in Germany... heard that its unheard off... OWS started here in SG...

anyways we all know we can buy oil from the big boys and label them ourselves with abit of additives here and there... then sell...

whatever the case/story is... this is my butt dyno take on OWS N.A Racing which i have used about 5 oil changes... good smooth... some ppl claim its 5W/40... seriously i dont think there is anything special about it... too expensive for an oil without much proper claims...

actually i first tried OWS in my EF CRX and 2 free dyno runs were given bfore and after the oil change with an additive package... but you all know how these oil change dyno runs are... a lot of bull... anyways then i was pretty much sold to OWS and used them on my present car when i 1st got the car... i changed to c-----e with NO difference in engine running tempreture... or any noticeable difference in performance...

to end, i would like to add that OWS is not lousy oil i guess... but how good it holds to its claims i dont know... i dont like to over kill on EO... ^_^ cause i change at max 5k...

Neutral Newbie

Tried the same oil for my previous car, altis. Been using it since day 1 for all servicing, no problem encountered until I sold it off around 60k.

Tried the same oil for my previous car, altis. Been using it since day 1 for all servicing, no problem encountered until I sold it off around 60k.

maybe the problems surface after 60k?

Was using NA Racing from 40K to 90K without problem. Butt feel was that the acceleration is very smooth and can WOT like no ending. After that, switched to Uberlight at 20 rating till now. Miledge coming to 190K without oil loss. Engine still running very well and quiet.

Neutral Newbie

hi bro, i am also driving a 2006 cs3 lancer cvt..my mileage going to reach 110000km liao..I think racing oil might not be suitable for our car..u can try the "OWS multi-light 5w-40"..so far so good for me.. [:)]

Dear friends, I am 57 years old and owning a Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 1.6L CVT engine which I bought in Jan 2006, highly tuned and has clocked only 51,000km. The mileage is very low cos it's use by my wife and I have another higher capacity car.

In mid March this year when the mileage was 47,000, I got it serviced at a workshop and the boss highly recommended me OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil and told me that it is very good and suitable for all NA cars. He claimed that this oil would deliver better power and guaranteed fuel saving of 5%. Well, the printing on the engine oil metal can also stated a guaranteed 5% fuel saving.

As there is no rating such as 5W-30 on the can, I asked the workshop boss about it and he told me that he doesn't know. As I have never use the above OWS engine oil before, I took his recommendation, changed the engine oil with the above OWS engine oil, flushed the engine with OWS products and changed oil filter which I paid $170.00.

Prior to using this oil, I was using SpeedMaster engine oil and KF Massimo both synthetic oil and from Japan for each service and the car was very responsive and torquey. I was achieving relatively good mileage for 50L full tank and been using BRISK Premium LGS spark plugs (the one with 4 pins) for 10,000km.

While the car was on OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil, I already felt that the engine sounds hollow and I thought that it could be due to certain admixtures of the oil.

About a month ago, I noticed that I was getting at least 15% less mileage for 50L full tank and the engine sounds rather harsh as compared to before.

Last week, I brought the car to a mechanic friend who owns a motor repair and servicing workshop and told him the above problems. From mid March 2011 till last week which is 5 months, the car only clocked 4,000km using OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil and I already encountered the above problems.

My mechanic friend initially thought that it could be the sparks plugs. He took them out and found that the plugs are still in good condition. He checked all the engine parts and found nothing wrong and even jacked up my car to check on any engine oil leak but found none.

He then asked me what engine oil I used and I told him OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil. He straight away told me that the oil is not suitable for all cars as there is no rating at all. While at his workshop, I got the engine oil changed to FK Massimo.

My car is now much lighter, more responsive at pick up and over-taking, engine is quite, smooth and beginning to achieve the mileage that I used to get before using OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil.

As OWS manufacturer has printed on the engine oil can guaranteeing 5% saving in fuel consumption but I was getting worse mileage, I wrote to the manufacturer but they have yet to reply to me. I have just written to OWS Singapore distributor and requested his reply on the problems that I encountered.

For those of you who are using or have used OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil, may I have your feedback on this oil. Thanks.

Mike

yeah I experience the same issue when I changed engine oil.

I used 5w40 fk massimo trimax and the last time round i went to another mechanic. the reason being I was going outstationed for 2 weeks and with this adhoc arrangement, I have the convenience of someone driving my car to the mechanic for servicing and leaving it there for sometime before I come back.

The engine oil used was Agip, not sure what is the SAE rating.

But I can feel the difference in performance between Agip and FK massimo. As I drive a manual, I used to be able to down gear and utilise the various power zones of the engine, pickup is addictive and fuel consumption is good. 2nd and 3rd gear pickups has always been linear and a breeze. And I seldom need to pedal to metal.

With Agip, even my lower gears are sluggish. I have to step harder on the gas and wait for the engine to struggle to pick up the revs. Fuel consumption over the last 3 tanks is not consistent too.

Not saying that Agip is not good, perhaps just not suitable for my car?

I am now thinking if I should get my regular mechanic to do an oil change immediately.

[:(]

Racing oil by definition is meant for racing, which means tons of anti-wear, but very little detergency.

You need the detergent from engine oil to clean the engine.

Racing oil is thus used once and throw away.

If you want to use it like normal oil for 10k km, you are taking chances.

Dear Friends, I initiated on the said topic and have managed to trace the person named Gordon in Singapore who handles the OWS engine product and told him the problems I faced such as engine sound harsh and high fuel consumption when using the OWS engine flush and OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil.

He explained to me that the engine oil is specially formulated for car owners who like to rev their engine and drive hard.

After knowing that I am a lighted footed driver and my driving style, this Gordon told me that the workshop boss should have recommended me OWS 5W-30 synthetic engine oil instead of OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil. Besides, the OWS 5W-30 synthetic engine oil is even cheaper and more appropriate for my needs.

Well, he admitted that many workshop owners only know how to push products without first checking with the customer on his/her driving style and requirements.

Initially, I had wanted to bring my car back to the workshop and tell the boss on the problems I faced when using the Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil but did not because the boss has deceived me into believing that a product that he sold was the brand that I wanted. He even wrote down the brand that I wanted in the Invoice receipt. As my guts feeling told me that the product he sold me is not the genuine one that I wanted, I wrote to the manufacturer with a photo of the product and sought their clarification.

After receiving the manufacturer's email confirming that the product is not manufactured by them, I brought the product back to the boss and demanded an explanation for deceiving a customer and showed him the manufacturer's email including his company Invoice receipt. Though the boss told me that he would obtain the actual one to replace with the one that he sold me in 2 days time as he needed to get the product, I told him that I have loss trust in him and demanded a refund. Initially he refused to refund me the money and after I told him that I would make a complaint with CASE against him, he reluctantly agreed.

Luckily, I took action by replacing the engine oil immediately as otherwise, my car engine performance might be affected.

Anyway, it's a lesson that I have learned and that is to stick to one workshop which I have regularly patronised whose boss is knowledgeable, trustworthy and honest.

Neutral Newbie

Dear Friends, I initiated on the said topic and have managed to trace the person named Gordon in Singapore who handles the OWS engine product and told him the problems I faced such as engine sound harsh and high fuel consumption when using the OWS engine flush and OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil.

He explained to me that the engine oil is specially formulated for car owners who like to rev their engine and drive hard.

After knowing that I am a lighted footed driver and my driving style, this Gordon told me that the workshop boss should have recommended me OWS 5W-30 synthetic engine oil instead of OWS Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil. Besides, the OWS 5W-30 synthetic engine oil is even cheaper and more appropriate for my needs.

Well, he admitted that many workshop owners only know how to push products without first checking with the customer on his/her driving style and requirements.

Initially, I had wanted to bring my car back to the workshop and tell the boss on the problems I faced when using the Uber Power NA Racing Engine Oil but did not because the boss has deceived me into believing that a product that he sold was the brand that I wanted. He even wrote down the brand that I wanted in the Invoice receipt. As my guts feeling told me that the product he sold me is not the genuine one that I wanted, I wrote to the manufacturer with a photo of the product and sought their clarification.

After receiving the manufacturer's email confirming that the product is not manufactured by them, I brought the product back to the boss and demanded an explanation for deceiving a customer and showed him the manufacturer's email including his company Invoice receipt. Though the boss told me that he would obtain the actual one to replace with the one that he sold me in 2 days time as he needed to get the product, I told him that I have loss trust in him and demanded a refund. Initially he refused to refund me the money and after I told him that I would make a complaint with CASE against him, he reluctantly agreed.

Luckily, I took action by replacing the engine oil immediately as otherwise, my car engine performance might be affected.

Anyway, it's a lesson that I have learned and that is to stick to one workshop which I have regularly patronised whose boss is knowledgeable, trustworthy and honest.

Tks for sharing. Mind revealing the workshop's name so that we could avoid.

Appreciate e sharing and glad tat all's well with yr ride after getting e correct EO.

Hv nt personally tried this grade and gd to knw if right foot ever heavy to fall upon e pedal on its "own accord", another EO to consider [:p] [:p] [:p]

Safe ride always

Cheers

• Praise 1