We sold our car because of Circle Line

Cerano

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/...ry_722693.html

'We sold our car because we think we can get around by public transport conveniently now.'

MR JEFFREY TAN: 'My wife and I tried out the Circle Line on Monday. We started from Punggol station on the North-East Line and alighted at Serangoon station, where we switched to the Circle Line towards HarbourFront.

The ride was smooth and swift despite the many stops. At HarbourFront, we continued on the line reaching Dhoby Ghaut in an hour. It was convenient because the Botanic Gardens, Holland Village and Labrador Park, which were remote previously, are now within reach via public transport.

And yes, we sold our car because we think we can get around by public transport conveniently now.'

295953_230368460349810_181333458586644_613045_67738231_n.jpg

↡ Advertisement

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/...ry_722693.html

'We sold our car because we think we can get around by public transport conveniently now.'

MR JEFFREY TAN: 'My wife and I tried out the Circle Line on Monday. We started from Punggol station on the North-East Line and alighted at Serangoon station, where we switched to the Circle Line towards HarbourFront.

The ride was smooth and swift despite the many stops. At HarbourFront, we continued on the line reaching Dhoby Ghaut in an hour. It was convenient because the Botanic Gardens, Holland Village and Labrador Park, which were remote previously, are now within reach via public transport.

And yes, we sold our car because we think we can get around by public transport conveniently now.'

why you put up a picture that is not relevant to his post?

why you put up a picture that is not relevant to his post?

its the circle line at peak hour bishan station in the morning

He is [hur]

Should have waited for at least 1 year later to access the situation first before selling his car ...... :blink:

Selling is easy but buying a car again would cost a bomb with the ever increasing COE $$$$$$ ....... [sweatdrop]

Edited by Picnic06

If it's just him and his wife, yeah, sure, it's still realistic for them to just rely on public transport.

In fact, I'd do the same... either public transport, or get around by bike.

But once he has a family with kids in tow, aged parents, plus weekend grocery shopping... [dead]

Isnt Punggol line going straight to Harbour front?

Pardon me asking...

but looking at the lines, it certainly does make using public transport an added incentive based on the required time to get to the west from the north east...

would be much faster than driving(provided there is jam)

its the circle line at peak hour bishan station in the morning

but his post never mentioned about bishan station or the peak hour, i think you need to respect someone post where it relevant to their situation.

the circle line is ok... but the bus transfer before and after that sucks.. the long waiting times and journeys for buses to get to and from the circle line is unbearable.

It still takes about 1.5 hours to travel 20km by way of bus-mrt in Singapore, compared to 0.5 hour by car. This is not acceptable.

WTF! Unreasonable complaint..........1 more extra stop definitely must pay extra.

For those commuters who just took 1 stop from Paya Lebar to Dakota have to pay estimated S$0.80

===================================

Extra 26 cents for one-station difference

Published on Oct 13, 2011

THE opening of the Kent Ridge MRT station on the Circle Line has proved to be very convenient for National University of Singapore students like me.

However, I have noticed a glaring discrepancy in the fare. I live between Paya Lebar and Dakota stations. It would be just as convenient for me to travel to both these stations. But the train fare from Paya Lebar to Kent Ridge is $1.65, while that from Dakota to Kent Ridge is $1.91. Dakota is only one station away from Paya Lebar, yet why am I paying 26 cents more?

Farzanah Abdul Samad (Miss)

but his post never mentioned about bishan station or the peak hour, i think you need to respect someone post where it relevant to their situation.

u do realise bishan is on circle line?

He is [hur]

Should have waited for at least 1 year later to access the situation first before selling his car ...... :blink:

Selling is easy but buying a car again would cost a bomb with the ever increasing COE $$$$$$ ....... [sweatdrop]

True, selling car at this point of time not very advisable, since buying car now is too expensive. Even a 5 year old 2nd hand car also not worth. So if you are driving a car now, better hold on to it as long as you can. [:p]

i do, but my point is they are happy that the line serve them well. If they use the line without going through bishan, it is not their concern if that station is crowded.

your picture is not posted by them and you should do it separately if you want to voice you point.

i do, but my point is they are happy that the line serve them well. If they use the line without going through bishan, it is not their concern if that station is crowded.

your picture is not posted by them and you should do it separately if you want to voice you point.

they are dependent on the whole mrt system. who is to say that another place wont jam up or they suddenly need to go to bishan for something.

The post is by TS, the point is for him to make, picture is for him to put.

I think ok leh.

Why you so like dat? [long time never hear already hor] :D

MRT_SysMp_with_all_CCL-Sept11_big.jpg

I think you are making the spot on point it is a shorter DIRECT route along the PURLE NorthEast Line which connects HarbourFront with Punggol directly.

No need to use the ORANGE circle line to pass more stations.

[thumbsup]

That said, the ST letter is needed to combat the negative half truths out there.

[:p]

Edited by CKP

Yes...

and after mid-night our underworld friends also can take the ride and visit some of their friends in Bidadari (Woodleigh Station) and Pek San Teng (Marymount Station). -_-

See, our gov is giving the best of both world .... [:p]

↡ Advertisement