Sonata NF or Cefiro

Spurman

Hi guys,

Thinking of changing my current 3yrs ride, Avante 1.6manual.... driven 100,000km++.... Hee...

Overall, Avante is good to drive, but maybe I'm getting older, more uncle liao, legs getting tired from too much manual driving.... Thus decided to look into a good reliable 5-6yrs old car......

Test drive both Sonata and Cefiro.....

Maybe the 2nd hand unit Cefiro offered by the dealer was nosier, which is a surprise... Louder than my Avante...

The Sonata meanwhile is super super quiet, for a 5yrs old, not bad...

Any other comparisons btw this 2?

1) FC

2) power for both 2.0

3) Maintenance

I actually find Sonata slightly more responsive.

But Cefiro more nice in interior and looks good on the outside, and of coz more expensive.

Cheers guys

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys,

Thinking of changing my current 3yrs ride, Avante 1.6manual.... driven 100,000km++.... Hee...

Overall, Avante is good to drive, but maybe I'm getting older, more uncle liao, legs getting tired from too much manual driving.... Thus decided to look into a good reliable 5-6yrs old car......

Test drive both Sonata and Cefiro.....

Maybe the 2nd hand unit Cefiro offered by the dealer was nosier, which is a surprise... Louder than my Avante...

The Sonata meanwhile is super super quiet, for a 5yrs old, not bad...

Any other comparisons btw this 2?

1) FC

2) power for both 2.0

3) Maintenance

I actually find Sonata slightly more responsive.

But Cefiro more nice in interior and looks good on the outside, and of coz more expensive.

Cheers guys

I have driven a Cefiro, which is a nice car and I would certainly recommend that car. I have not driven NF much (driven only the rental cars outside Singapore). From what ever I know, following are my 0.02$

. I am assuming that the CC is same for both cars.

1) FC: NF is better

2) Power: Should be comparable for a 5-6 years car.

3) Maintenance: Cefiro is better

OMV would be higher for Cefiro, thus the paper value would be better for Cefiro.

Off the topic, I am curious why you are chossing a 5-6 years old, when you clock 30k plus an year?

Mainly for long distance drive into Malaysia....

Newer cars expensive mah. Haha...

Avante can still fetch 42k. For manual. For 100000km.

5-6yrs sonata prob from 32-37k.

Cefiro prob 43-48k

Get the sonata NF. It's engine is very responsive. FC is around 11 to 12km/l. If you get the NF sonata, you can play with sonata taxis! There's shift-tronic on the sonata, don't think the cefiro has that. Power should be the same but i believe the sonata has a better transmission. I find the cefiro as a whole really really ugly. The rear seats of the cefrio is very cramped. I have no idea what nissan was thinking when it designed such an eyesore. Just my 2 cents.

Neutral Newbie

Get the sonata NF. It's engine is very responsive. FC is around 11 to 12km/l. If you get the NF sonata, you can play with sonata taxis! There's shift-tronic on the sonata, don't think the cefiro has that. Power should be the same but i believe the sonata has a better transmission. I find the cefiro as a whole really really ugly. The rear seats of the cefrio is very cramped. I have no idea what nissan was thinking when it designed such an eyesore. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think u can play with sonata taxis!! those are turbo diesel engines vs the NA petrol engine in the NF sonata? [:/]

Mainly for long distance drive into Malaysia....

Newer cars expensive mah. Haha...

Avante can still fetch 42k. For manual. For 100000km.

5-6yrs sonata prob from 32-37k.

Cefiro prob 43-48k

Have u consider getting a magentis? I got a 2007 magentis

Last mth for $41k.

Initially thinking of sonata too, but after driving, opt for mag instead

1. Sonata NF is different from Sonata taxis. cannot match with them

2. Sonata HP is lower than Cefiro, through its engine cap is bigger. Cefiro is a V6. (compared 2.4 vs 230JM)

3. i dont know how you find that cefiro rear seats are cramped?

4. it depends. from the back, it is not bad. front really up to each taste

I don't think u can play with sonata taxis!! those are turbo diesel engines vs the NA petrol engine in the NF sonata? [:/]

Power of course may be different but you can still have fun and attempt to drag with them. Most of the taxi drivers don't go full throttle. Go full throttle and you'll smoke them. Why is everyone so scared to take on sonata taxis? Most of them probably don't know how to use the shifttronic.

1. Sonata NF is different from Sonata taxis. cannot match with them

2. Sonata HP is lower than Cefiro, through its engine cap is bigger. Cefiro is a V6. (compared 2.4 vs 230JM)

3. i dont know how you find that cefiro rear seats are cramped?

4. it depends. from the back, it is not bad. front really up to each taste

Haha driver's skill makes the difference between the taxi driver and a skilled driver.

Err there's a 2.0l version of the cefiro. so if i'm not wrong the HP should be almost the same.

They seats of the cefiro are bloody cramped compared to the sonata. I'm tall i've got long legs so yeah it's definitely cramped at the rear. The sonata rear seats are way more comfy.

The cefiro looks really ugly front and rear. I think it's trying to hard to be a 350z.

The interior of the cefiro doesn't look much better with it's really fake looking wood trim.

It also doesn't have shifttronic that allows you to decide what gear you wanna use. Modern cars should have this.

The 2 din radio of the cefiro looks like some cheap china rubbish while the one in the sonata is a pionner which looks very nice and sounds good.

While you are right that FC is better than Cefiro, Cefiro engine is also responsive, smooth and quiter than NF. NF is no where nearer to Turbo Diesel taxis. Cefiro does have shiftronic! I do not believe NF has better transmission than Cefiro. Look part I do not want to comment, it is individual's perception. Real seats are cramped? I can bet you Cefiro rear seats are much comfortable than NF. Seat three passengers at the rear in NF, you would find for yourself.

I guess you are a hater of Nissan. No issues about that too. [cool] , but facts are to be told when comparing!

While you are right that FC is better than Cefiro, Cefiro engine is also responsive, smooth and quiter than NF. NF is no where nearer to Turbo Diesel taxis. Cefiro does have shiftronic! I do not believe NF has better transmission than Cefiro. Look part I do not want to comment, it is individual's perception. Real seats are cramped? I can bet you Cefiro rear seats are much comfortable than NF. Seat three passengers at the rear in NF, you would find for yourself.

I guess you are a hater of Nissan. No issues about that too. [cool] , but facts are to be told when comparing!

Really? the cefiro has shifttronic? The ones i saw on sale on sgcarmart don't have them. If i'm not wrong it's the new teana that has it.

192289_4b.jpg

Haha i have already done that. I drove a sonata NF before.

Nope i'm not a hater of nissan. I do like their 370z and their GTR but the design of their saloon cars are rather questionable.

If i feel something looks ugly i say it. Facts... Yeah the taxi thing was obviously a joke. But seriously why do people give a damn about taxis being more powerful than their cars.

Really? the cefiro has shifttronic? The ones i saw on sale on sgcarmart don't have them. If i'm not wrong it's the new teana that has it.

Haha i have already done that. I drove a sonata NF before.

Nope i'm not a hater of nissan. I do like their 370z and their GTR but the design of their saloon cars are rather questionable.

If i feel something looks ugly i say it. Facts... Yeah the taxi thing was obviously a joke. But seriously why do people give a damn about taxis being more powerful than their cars.

Oops, you have driven an NF before? I have driven Cefiro before. So, naturally we are biased lah bro [:p] !

Please see the following link for Shiftronic on a Cefiro.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_ph...92289&CUR=4

Oops, you have driven an NF before? I have driven Cefiro before. So, naturally we are biased lah bro [:p] !

Please see the following link for Shiftronic on a Cefiro.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info_ph...92289&CUR=4

Sat in a cefiro at the back, leg room isn't as much as the sonata.

Err shifttronic means that there's a plus and a minus in the gear selector.

321 after drive isn't shifttronic. Even my old W124 has that except no gear 1.

Sat in a cefiro at the back, leg room isn't as much as the sonata.

Err shifttronic means that there's a plus and a minus in the gear selector.

321 after drive isn't shifttronic. Even my old W124 has that except no gear 1.

IC what you mean. Shiftronic is a trade name from Hyundai anyway. Practically, in a 4 gear auto gearbox, 3 gears are already covered with regular gear shift points. Agreed! NF wins in this regard. Thanks.

IC what you mean. Shiftronic is a trade name from Hyundai anyway. Practically, in a 4 gear auto gearbox, 3 gears are already covered with regular gear shift points. Agreed! NF wins in this regard. Thanks.

It's still fun to play with especially if you plan on doing drag on a long stretch of road or if you want to utilise the engine brake when going round corners or slopes. I'm sure your current mazda has a shiftronic equivalent.

So far I m a Korean supporter.. Previous ride a Getz...now avante. Hehe...:

Reason I looking at cefiro is it's a non taxi, if only sonata nf does not have so many taxis here. Otherwise i close eyes sure choose sonata.

Now my wife urge me to take cefiro more than sonata nf

↡ Advertisement