2years old mazda 3 got slow charging battery, normal?

Mangos

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I'm a new driver and just bought a 2nd hand Mazda which is close to 2 years old and close to 20k kms. So I sent it to Mazda service centre to do the 20k service this morning after driving it for a few days which I didn't notice any problem with the car. I just got a call from the Mazda technician telling me that the battery is charging very slowly and they suggest to replace it with a new one at the cost of S$145. I have very little knowledge about cars but after google a little bit I think the price is higher than purchasing from 3rd party but that I can accept since everything from the original manufacturer is more expensive than from open market. But a faulty battery on a 2 years old car, is that reasonable? how long does car batteries usually last.

And any suggestions for a newbie on (consumable) car parts purchases in Singapore? And any recommended service/repair shop after warranty is over? or shall I stick to Mazda for service/repair? I live in Choa Chu Kang and work in Clementi so any suggestion closer will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Replacing a 2yr old batt is reasonable. Some last just over a year. You can go to any reputable batt shop to have it replaced...don't have to go back to Mazda.

thank you!

can you recommend a couple of the reputable shops? I have no idea on car related stuff except ferrying wife and kids. [blush]

thank you!

can you recommend a couple of the reputable shops? I have no idea on car related stuff except ferrying wife and kids. [blush]

@145 get it change by Mazda and get them to check your autenator condition, other den go outside get carrot.

Neutral Newbie

u have PM from me.

thank you!

think I'm gonna let Mazda do it this time but will definitely consider your suggestion next time I notice any problem with the car.

thank you!

think I'm gonna let Mazda do it this time but will definitely consider your suggestion next time I notice any problem with the car.

Good choice, only 10-20 diff from outside, get to do a check and reset the ECU for you. Mazda is a good car.

Replacing a 2yr old batt is reasonable. Some last just over a year. You can go to any reputable batt shop to have it replaced...don't have to go back to Mazda.

My battery is coming to 3 years old in 1 week's time. Still able to crank start. But I can sense the end is near. LOL.

hi guys, our mazda 3 is past 3 years, and require servixing for 60k.

would anyone recommend a workshop suited to do it well?

Looking at MM's service checklist, any workshop should be able to handle it. Its the 40K, 80K, etc servicings that are troublesome

http://www.mazda.com.sg/moby/export/sites/..._Mazda3_1.6.pdf

For me, when I do use a workshop, I go to autospritze.

I replaced my battery at a shop recommended by CY. Although they claim it's a q85 battery for mazda 3s, I've been having problems with it ever since. Does anyone else have the same issue? It's a pink battery.

My ieloop couldn't charge past the first bar and at one point the iStop stopped working altogether. I brought it back to the shop and after some intensive testing (about 1 and a half hours) they changed the batt and told me that I should bring it back to Mazda for a check if the problem persists. The problem is back and the iEloop does not charge past 1 bar. I read online that this MIGHT happen if you drive a lot on the highways and the capacitor doesn't charge due to the absence of braking - which is still somewhat odd to me.

So far the iStop still works and I'm gonna try driving around with it (off the highway of course) to see if the charge returns.

Will keep you guys updated.

↡ Advertisement