MSIG INSURANCE - any feedback?

Metalslug2

Hi guys, how's your experience with MSIG..?

Trying to move away from Aviva and DA.

Thanks!

My experience w them have been good. Hassle free claim and prompt too.

Used MSIG when i owned a Pug. No accidents during that time, but I replaced my windscreen 3 times in 2.5 years. Filled up a form and replacement is prompt. No complaints. Actually, quotations between insurance companies primarily depends on the make and model of the car. Each company has its own of cars that they specialize in. For exampe, NTUC 'shuns' pug becos they dun exactly have a large pool of pugs and perhaps the small pool of pugs insured by them has high claim rate during that year. When I changed to beemer, I went for AXA as they specialize in beemers and cabrios. Aviva is quite friendly on quotations, but their excess is pretty much $1000 and above for all makes and models.

Been using them for quite sometime already cos they are the only ones with GAP cover.

Claim process was a breeze and hassle free. Just call their hotline n report ur accident. They will assign a authorised workshop to assist u with tow truck. Even if u have flat tire or flat battery, call their emergency hotline for road side assistance. No need to join AA club.

Best thing, sign up got free S$80 cash card. Last time was cash card n esso petrol vouchers.

i am with MSIG for a few years.

so far so good, dont intend to change insurer.

claim is easy.

remember to buy NCD protector, u wont regret it.

on top of normal discount, they auomatically give me corporate discount, as my company is partly insured by them.

Sidetrack a bit.

One quick question:

Say if you have made a claim against 3rd party before (not own damage claim), on your insurance quotation declaration, there is always this question something like this which you need to answer Yes or No:

Have you made a claim before in the past 3 years?

Is this a trick question? A Claim means only own damage claim or includes 3rd party claim also???

Neutral Newbie

Use for 2 year. Easy to claim. However, this year shift to new insurer due to MSIG price 300 more. If not, will stick to it.

wow seems like u guys have good experience with them.

i had a quote of $912 for Premier and $793 for Classic. Nissan Latio.

Ok will consider them! :)

wow seems like u guys have good experience with them.

i had a quote of $912 for Premier and $793 for Classic. Nissan Latio.

Ok will consider them! :)

damn,,, why your classic lower than mine? mine latio 4AT, 40%NCD, 40yrs , is $84x..... [smallcry]

I used them for previous car.. knock into a small cisco bike with no injury claim.. no sound no picture from them.. cannot get hold of their claims officer always.. worse than aunty lucy..

I used them for previous car.. knock into a small cisco bike with no injury claim.. no sound no picture from them.. cannot get hold of their claims officer always.. worse than aunty lucy..

so, did u kena chialat chialat claim or they actually help solve the case without bothering u?... [laugh]

so, did u kena chialat chialat claim or they actually help solve the case without bothering u?... [laugh]

The 125cc bike got some scratches on faring n back box.. claim 5k, of which 3.5k is on 2 pcs of plastic faring.. i told MSIG i can get the faring for less than $600.. MSIG says its fair value.. i have nothing to say then. Then after that i tried to negotiate with them and the claims officer quit, after that no reply from them.

That was in dec 2009.. then after that my car reach 5 yr n i scrap it and bought another car under my wife name. Until now never receive any letter, email, or calls from them rearding any outcome of the claim.

So this company i totally write off. I used Axa, Chartis& NTUC before.. never experienced ths unique MSIG situation

I used to insure with MSIG for 1.5 yrs of my previous ride Toyota Altis.

Premium was competitive then but I chg to Chartis after changing my car.

I had 1 claim through them against the other party. It was smooth by using their authorised workshop & was informed abt 6 mth later that it was resolved.

↡ Advertisement