Buying Frenzy After COE Dips

Vinceng

There was apparently a buying frenzy over the weekend of 7 and 8 Jan after COE dipped on 5 Jan bidding.

Cycle &Carriage, for example has raised prices of its Kia Cerato Forte by $2K as of 10 Jan.

But the salesman told me that he can hold existing prices for me if I commit by this Sun.

While in writing, buyers must take at least 50% loan and in-house insurance, I was also told this "can be discussed and they can be flexible."

So those keen to commit still have room for negotiation.

Probably a good time to commit as prices are expected to rocket once quota is further reduced this year.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement

I guess this would be the last train for car sales... [:)]

After this round, COE would expect to rise. Those dealers would then be facing a hard time...

There was apparently a buying frenzy over the weekend of 7 and 8 Jan after COE dipped on 5 Jan bidding.

Cycle &Carriage, for example has raised prices of its Kia Cerato Forte by $2K as of 10 Jan.

But the salesman told me that he can hold existing prices for me if I commit by this Sun.

While in writing, buyers must take at least 50% loan and in-house insurance, I was also told this "can be discussed and they can be flexible."

Probably a good time to commit as prices are expected to rocket once quota is further reduced this year.

2 words to the dealer...

F off.

[:)]

Looking at the car prices now is really making me vomit...

A puny A1 for 146k?????? [dizzy] [dizzy]

A spanking new C180, A4 1.8 or a 320 about 2 yrs ago are going for 130 to 140k!!! That's excluding other discounts, rebates, gifts, accessories, service credits blah blah...

I dont really think it is a good time to buy... At $46k Cat A.... all the new cars price are at 80 to 100k ...

Why rush to buy ? I think we buyers have to alway remember demand high, supply low = High COE price...

Let those really no choice but have to buy or those rich until no way to spend to buy.

For your information, there are more COE quota from Feb to Aug 2012, it is officially announce on newpaper.

If all rush to buy then the COE will be higher...

Vinceng, are u dealer ?

Looking at the car prices now is really making me vomit...

A puny A1 for 146k?????? [dizzy] [dizzy]

A spanking new C180, A4 1.8 or a 320 about 2 yrs ago are going for 130 to 140k!!! That's excluding other discounts, rebates, gifts, accessories, service credits blah blah...

Which variant of A1? But A1 is a very nice car, with superb built quality for a small car. But should wait for the slightly more pratical sportback with 4 seats. It would make a good 2nd car for city commute in my view.

so an old man driving it n it looked like his mistress or daughter's car... really too cute.. might end up attracting faggots instead hahaha

The small car dealers know of the higher quota.

But they smart to play into the mind of car buyers.

I think those that buy now are those that made money from stocks or properties.

I also know of colleagues who buy recently, because they Feel rich due to their only HDB appreciated in value.

One told me, his only HDB now worth $600++, if he cash out, he will be half-millionaire. So he feels that he is able to afford a new 520 to suit his new status.

For your information, there are more COE quota from Feb to Aug 2012, it is officially announce on newpaper.

If all rush to buy then the COE will be higher...

Vinceng, are u dealer ?

Can provide the link? Would like to see the article.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement