Feng Fei Fei giving ang pow during CNY

Jp66

Unbelievable! Any bro kenna the same fate during CNY?

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Online...ory_760050.html

Give devotees a parking break during Chinese New Year

VISITING Kwan Im Temple in Bencoolen Street on the first day of Chinese New Year is an annual family tradition for us. But this year, we were greeted by a parking ticket when we returned from the temple.

For many years, the Traffic Police have been regulating and maintaining smooth traffic flow without penalising motorists who drive or ride to the temple. And we have appreciated the gracious and considerate practice.

While I know it is an offence to park along a double yellow line, parking facilities are inadequate during such festive periods because of the extraordinary crowds.

Furthermore, the traffic along the road where devotees park is light and parking there does not cause congestion.

I have seen motorists parked illegally along the roadside at other religious buildings during different religious observances without suffering the fate of being penalised.

I hope the relevant authorities will practise some consideration and flexibility and allow temporary parking along the roads near religious buildings during their respective ceremonial occasions as long as no inconvenience is caused.

Low Hong Loke

↡ Advertisement

There is a saying that if you put islamic wordings decal you will not get summon, wondering true or not 😁

[laugh]

Just like some putting SPF, CID car decal but still kena summon...... [:p]

Nowadays all sub-con out and many of them are FWs......don't think will give chance....they might not even know what it is...... [laugh]

another whining, wrong mean wrong but why bring out another religion [shakehead] [shakehead]

Why double standard?

another whining, wrong mean wrong but why bring out another religion [shakehead] [shakehead]

but there is some truth in it.. 1st day of cny.. gib chance lah..

every friday, along the roads, into bus stops, whole line of parked cars AND OBSTRUCTING traffic also never kena??! how can???

but there is some truth in it.. 1st day of cny.. gib chance lah..

every friday, along the roads, into bus stops, whole line of parked cars AND OBSTRUCTING traffic also never kena??! how can???

Take pic on friday and post big big to newspaper.

I think you ppl should understand the reason why no summons on Friday afternoons, because the wardens themselves are praying somewhere...

Ya quite true

↡ Advertisement