"Jailbreak" Samsung Galaxy Note

Bmz3

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I am thinking of Jailbreaking my Galaxy Note, what is the pros and cons? I had jailbreak my Iphone before and it is really very useful, what about Andriod phone?

All reply is highly appreciated.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

I am thinking of Jailbreaking my Galaxy Note, what is the pros and cons? I had jailbreak my Iphone before and it is really very useful, what about Andriod phone?

i think for android, its call root the phone and not jailbreak?

All i know is it makes ur phone very customizable.. but for free apps, u can still get the apk files from various sources without rooting ur phone.

Neutral Newbie

I have checked with one handphone shop and they told me for Android phone can jailbreak or root. Jailbreak mean will get a app on the phone just like INSTALLOUS (Iphone), whereas ROOT can do more changes to the phone setting. Don't know how true.

Twincharged

I have checked with one handphone shop and they told me for Android phone can jailbreak or root. Jailbreak mean will get a app on the phone just like INSTALLOUS (Iphone), whereas ROOT can do more changes to the phone setting. Don't know how true.

Android has an app like installous. But then not as complicated as jailbreaking. Just get the apk online and install.

if your aim is just to get free paid apps, i think you can just go to many websites and download for free without rooting.

one thing about rooting, the phone software got a counter in it and once you rooted and warranty will be void.

so the point is, why root when you can get free paid apps?

if your aim is just to get free paid apps, i think you can just go to many websites and download for free without rooting.

one thing about rooting, the phone software got a counter in it and once you rooted and warranty will be void.

so the point is, why root when you can get free paid apps?

I agree, if its just for free apps no point rooting. If you like to mess with UI and also to make the phone more usable, than rooting is the way but you better read up before doing it. As for the counter, can be reset with an usb jig for a few bucks. A must have item for samsung rooters :D

Twincharged

I agree, if its just for free apps no point rooting. If you like to mess with UI and also to make the phone more usable, than rooting is the way but you better read up before doing it. As for the counter, can be reset with an usb jig for a few bucks. A must have item for samsung rooters :D

IMO the TS thought that to get free apps must jailbreak/root. Like iphone.

Supercharged

Hi all,

For Iphone, there are still limitations after jailbreak.

But for rooting of Galaxy Note, you can

1. Make the phone run faster,

2. Control the backend processes, CPU usage.

3. Using the third party ROM and Kernel, u can also squeeze out another 30 to 50%

usage from the battery.

Get a usb jig first before you start rooting. I bricked my Samsung Galaxy quite a few times

for trying out diff ROMs and kernel.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for all the replys. Now I got a clearer picture of this so call ROOTING. I just want to get some free apps, since there are other ways to get it then no point ROOTING. Sometimes I do miss my Jailbroken Iphone [:(]

Supersonic

I root all my Samsung Galaxy, Gio, Ace, W.

It's easy and pretty safe. Just go to recovery mode and run a "update" file loaded earlier into SD card.

When rooted, you can run some apps that need root access.

You can also delete "unnecessary" apps or bloatwares from service providers, but there's some risks on deleting the wrong files.

I have not tried custom roms, but rooting is something that has become necessary for me.

↡ Advertisement