Exporting Old Car to Malaysia

Kungming

Hi guys,

Check if anyone has ever exported their old car to Malaysia upon expiry of COE. Thinking of scrapping my ride after 10 years and export the car to my relative in Malaysia as the condition is still very good.

Any dealers able to do the paperwork at a reasonable fee?

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys,

Check if anyone has ever exported their old car to Malaysia upon expiry of COE. Thinking of scrapping my ride after 10 years and export the car to my relative in Malaysia as the condition is still very good.

Cannot.

Even can, u need to pay RM50k for AP. After that u need to import duty based on value determined by custom.

many countries have age caps on imported used cars. singapore for example sets it at 3 years. not sure about malaysia, but AP will definitely be a problem.

indonesia on the other hand would be much easier. i've seen protons over there with the state crest as logo (state crest as logo means produced for malaysian use, and later exported over there legally or otherwise; export versions should have the proton star in the past)

Neutral Newbie

many countries have age caps on imported used cars. singapore for example sets it at 3 years. not sure about malaysia, but AP will definitely be a problem.

indonesia on the other hand would be much easier. i've seen protons over there with the state crest as logo (state crest as logo means produced for malaysian use, and later exported over there legally or otherwise; export versions should have the proton star in the past)

Besides Batam(Now can't), Papua (Irian) and also Sabang, there is no way you can export them to Indonesia.

Well another thing is to smuggle it in

Supercharged

how if we actually smuggle it in, report lost.

remind sg number plate with malaysia number plate, don't register.

save road tax.

invest or buy a Privilege badge and have it onto the plate.

i read that it only cost $2000 for so, by doing that, no one will stop you for road blocks, fines etc.

while in sg,

if there's compensation after years of loss, take it as you won 4d.

and spend the money wisely or doing merits.

1) Drive to Malysia relatives house.

2) Park Car, change plate and remove vehicle IU and transpoder, repaint car

3) File missing vehicle theft report in Malaysia

4) Come back to sinkieland claim insurance and declare vehicle lost/theft

Problem solved

Supercharged

1) Drive to Malysia relatives house.

2) Park Car, change plate and remove vehicle IU and transpoder, repaint car

3) File missing vehicle theft report in Malaysia

4) Come back to sinkieland claim insurance and declare vehicle lost/theft

Problem solved

mind me asking what is a transpoder?

how if we actually smuggle it in, report lost.

remind sg number plate with malaysia number plate, don't register.

save road tax.

invest or buy a Privilege badge and have it onto the plate.

i read that it only cost $2000 for so, by doing that, no one will stop you for road blocks, fines etc.

while in sg,

if there's compensation after years of loss, take it as you won 4d.

and spend the money wisely or doing merits.

The badge u refering to is those some crest that is place usually on top of the car plate for both front and back. You can go JB and buy these badge for rm20, the fake one of cos, I once saw this SG hyundai if I remember correctly a matrix got 2 such badge plus windscreen full of MY police decal. If I am malaysia police I sure stop this clown and fine him one by one. :wub:

(edited)

mind me asking what is a transpoder?

Haha , is something the good old starlet dun have.

Anyway the transponder is found inside your car master key. without it you can't start the engine.

One way to bypass required lots of technical hands-on (rewiring).

Else changing a chip alone can cause up to hundred plus dollar.

Edited by Cavver

juz scrap and get some cash out of it anyway in Malaysia Indonesia to rebuilt a good powerful engine is bloody cheap..waste of time and effort if i were you...

Supercharged

The badge u refering to is those some crest that is place usually on top of the car plate for both front and back. You can go JB and buy these badge for rm20, the fake one of cos, I once saw this SG hyundai if I remember correctly a matrix got 2 such badge plus windscreen full of MY police decal. If I am malaysia police I sure stop this clown and fine him one by one. :wub:

haha, that

Hi guys,

The easiest way is to get an old Malaysian similar model, then swap the number over. In Malaysia no vehicle inspection and they can facelift their car e.g. Wira-lution. So no issues.

(edited)

The easiest way is to get an old Malaysian similar model, then swap the number over. In Malaysia no vehicle inspection and they can facelift their car e.g. Wira-lution. So no issues.

LOL!! [thumbsup]

I like how they like to FL their cars, but everytime I hear their engines screaming from above all the noise, I still cant see them passing by me yet even though I'm still taking a leisurely pace. If i feel generous, I'll just smoke them.

Edited by Hotshot85

Twincharged

Hi guys,

What about S'pore L.T.A..?You may not able to get back your O.M.V. from them.

↡ Advertisement