Q: Does sonata taxi have air bags?

SimonTan

I think the cabbie would not have much chance of escaping severe injuries even if his cab was equipped with front airbags (I have a feeling Sonata cabs have front airbags) due to the severe side impact.

Side- and curtain airbags would be very useful in this case. They could have saved the passenger seated at the rear.

Speaking of side airbags, the Chevy Epica cab I once took also appeared not to have side/curtain airbags. Not sure about the front too.

Hypersonic

No. Not even driver side airbag.

Next time you take the Sonata taxi, take a look at the steering wheel.

Taxi company basically buy the most basic car without safety features to max out their profit.

Those ppl are stirring sh!t over there. If you look carefully the impact is on the passenger side, not the driver side. Airbag deploy should be on the passenger side. Plus airbag is effective at speed of 50km/hr, same speed as the side impact crash test. At speeds of 2x or 3x that, wear helmet also got problem surviving.

The cab driver probably hit his head hard against his side of the window and sustain internal head injury. Even if there's the deployment of the side curtain I doubt the Japanese passenger can survive the huge impact. Anyway I also dunno which side she sat or whether she buckled up.

Anyway if you watch any youtube side impact test airbag will only deploy where the impact happens, not the both side airbags are deployed. Actually it should be made to deploy both sides.

Our sonata taxis do not come with steering airbag. My dad drives one. If there is airbag the steering will indicate

253766_5b.jpg

Thanks.....so its really no air bag in the Sonata taxi........makes me wonder what else is cut-cost to the minimum in this praticular model taxi.

wats so surprising without air bags? those lao pok car we drove in the past also dun haf.

i remember the vw touran cab seems to haf air bags all round.

anyway with or without the bags, at tat kind of crazy speed its hard to survive the impact. its as good as asking u to withstand a shot from the tank by wearing only a bullet resistance vest!

the sonata is to replace the toyota crowns and nissan cedric so they will order the lowest spec possible!

wats so surprising without air bags? those lao pok car we drove in the past also dun haf.

i remember the vw touran cab seems to haf air bags all round.

anyway with or without the bags, at tat kind of crazy speed its hard to survive the impact. its as good as asking u to withstand a shot from the tank by wearing only a bullet resistance vest!

Maybe you won't be surprised to find a car without engine because those bullock carts used in the past also did not come with internal combustion engines.

If I were the cabbie, I'd definitely hope to have airbags.

Neutral Newbie

no surprise considering that our toyota crown taxis are also stripped from all the equipments. So they are just nothing more than an empty shell with 4 wheels... just wondering if they have removed the ABS from the Sonatas taxis as well...

no surprise considering that our toyota crown taxis are also stripped from all the equipments. So they are just nothing more than an empty shell with 4 wheels... just wondering if they have removed the ABS from the Sonatas taxis as well...

Confirm have abs.

I sat in one. Wet weather the taxi jam brake and the abs kick in

Maybe you won't be surprised to find a car without engine because those bullock carts used in the past also did not come with internal combustion engines.

If I were the cabbie, I'd definitely hope to have airbags.

U r bringing the argument too far.

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

Cars without airbags still can be road legal.

Cars without engines? Bull carts? Come on

The reason being Taxi extremely high chance of collision / accident & if equipped with air-bag (s), then Cabbies' deposit have to at least 4 to 5 times from current S$ 1K as any activation of air-bag (s) costs each at least S$ 2.5K to S$ 5K for replacement !

taxi most probably dont have. but if u refer to the recent accident with the ferrari, the impact is too great. airbags are useless at that kind of speed.

↡ Advertisement