Over half of bad crashes involve motorcyclists!

Darthrevan

Every day, almost a dozen motorcyclists or pillion riders are injured on the roads.

Hospitals say they account for more than half of the more serious accident cases, even though motorcycles make up only 15 per cent of vehicles here.

Last year, 96 motorcyclists and three pillion riders died - accounting for half of all road deaths.

Many riders who survive suffer severe injuries because they are flung and dragged or they land in the path of other vehicles. Fractures are common, and they also suffer internal injuries ranging from brain damage to crushed organs, and could end up in hospital for weeks or months.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_800933.html

ST_IMAGES_SKMOTOR20e.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I tell you the reason why.

It's because car drivers are farkers and like to bully motorcycles 99% of the time!

I drive and ride.

When I drive at 100km/hr on the 1st lane road, most time cars will folllow obediently behind at a safe distance, no horning or flashing. Even when I drive at 90km/hr on 2lane, cars behind also kept a distance and follow obediently.

But when I am on my super4, riding at 100km/hr on the 1 lane road, I guarantee 80% of the time the cars behind will follow so farking close. When I keep turning around my head to show that they are following too close, most will horn or flash their lights to force me to give way. And even those cars which over take my bike, they will straddle the white dotted line and purposely pretend to want to side swipe my bike.

Same thing happen when I riding my bike on 2 lane at 90km/hr speed limit. These farker cars drivers simply like to bully Motorcycle.

It become WORST at small roads of 60-70km/hr. the cars drivers simple flash and horn the motorcycle like it's a pest.

I am the 1% that never horn or flash at motorcycles.

Edited by SimonTan
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

It's because car drivers are farkers and like to bully motorcycles 99% of the time!

I drive and ride.

When I drive at 100km/hr on the 1st lane road, most time cars will folllow obediently behind at a safe distance, no horning or flashing. Even when I drive at 90km/hr on 2lane, cars behind also kept a distance and follow obediently.

But when I am on my super4, riding at 100km/hr on the 1 lane road, I guarantee 80% of the time the cars behind will follow so farking close. When I keep turning around my head to show that they are following too close, most will horn or flash their lights to force me to give way. And even those cars which over take my bike, they will straddle the white dotted line and purposely pretend to want to side swipe my bike.

Same thing happen when I riding my bike on 2 lane at 90km/hr speed limit. These farker cars drivers simply like to bully Motorcycle.

It become WORST at small roads of 60-70km/hr. the cars drivers simple flash and horn the motorcycle like it's a pest.

Since you are driver and rider, can you explain to me why rider like to ride in between 2 lane.

Those that ride and STAY in between lanes are farkers motorcyclist....ok they deserve to get hurt.

But many motorcycle use the between lane just for overtaking. Yes, those that continuously overtaking will be staying inbetween lane for a longer period of time, and more risky for them.

By right, motorcycle should overtake like cars. And stay in the center of each lane like its a car.

But I guess 99% of cars like to bully motorcycle and edge them away from the center towards the dotted lines(inbetween cars)

Sad state of riding culture in Singapore.

Hypersonic

If you see how those Malaysian ride on BKE during peak hour, basically they are just waiting to be the next victim.

How do you want them to change?

perhaps not to do lane splitting so often and to form up correctly and stay in the middle of each lane just like a car..not to wriggle ahead while in traffic lights and to make themselves visible to all motorists at all times?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Put the statistics in another way.

99% of motorcycle fetality involve another car/vehicle!

Because they always ride dangerously, always pop up from no where

Turbocharged

But I guess 99% of cars like to bully motorcycle and edge them away from the center towards the dotted lines(inbetween cars)

How do cars edge bikers away from centre towards dotted lines? If a biker is at the centre of the lane, he's at the centre what. If the biker wants to change lane, he should only change when he is able to move to the centre of the lane he wants to move to what. Perhaps I'm missing something.

I also observe some bikers like to ride fast and overtake cars on dotted lines (ie. between cars). Those are certainly not "edged" to the dotted lines, they choose to be there. They could do overtaking like cars, only doing so when the lane beside them is clear, but they intentionally not do so and instead squeeze on the dotted line. Drivers' fault again?

• Praise 1

(edited)

I drive and ride.

I share the same reason wif u, I have a class 2 lic oso but I stop riding 15yrs ago, I bet most of this farkers don't have motorbike lic. But not all riders are angels too, I rode a bike b4 I will never tailgate too close, highbeam or honk. By right car drivers have to give way to pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists, and heavy vehicles.

Been driving abroad b4, Singapore wif good road system, but not a safe place for riders bcos of drivers attitude.

Edited by KaKiLang
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

My observations on the road is that the bigger biker tends to ride in a safer manner. Their bike are bigger and they have less tendency to ride along the dotted lane makers. They will usually keep within their lane and even if they are in lane 1, they are fast enough to keep pace with the traffic flow on lane one.

The smaller bikes are the b------ds on the road. They are smaller, tend to wiggle in and out between lane or continuously ride along the dotted lane marking, especially between lane 1-2 when their speed is only 80km/hr. They will come over take on the left, or suddenly pop up on your blind side to cut in.

Worst and the JB bikers. Don't check blind spot between cutting, just zoom in and speed off. Once I saw this jb biker who very nearly crash into the car in front. He cut in dangerously, I horn him, he look back and the car in front braked. He nearly slam into it.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

My observations on the road is that the bigger biker tends to ride in a safer manner. Their bike are bigger and they have less tendency to ride along the dotted lane makers. They will usually keep within their lane and even if they are in lane 1, they are fast enough to keep pace with the traffic flow on lane one.

The smaller bikes are the b------ds on the road. They are smaller, tend to wiggle in and out between lane or continuously ride along the dotted lane marking, especially between lane 1-2 when their speed is only 80km/hr. They will come over take on the left, or suddenly pop up on your blind side to cut in.

Worst and the JB bikers. Don't check blind spot between cutting, just zoom in and speed off. Once I saw this jb biker who very nearly crash into the car in front. He cut in dangerously, I horn him, he look back and the car in front braked. He nearly slam into it.

I think you mean bigger as in those bikes with storage boxes on both sides, got like wide bodykit kind, right? Because I have seen bigger bikes as in those with bigger engines (and wide tires) tearing down the road between lanes on dotted lines.

I drive and ride.

Simon, I'm with you on this. I use to ride bike for many years but gave up after too many bullying motorist. In USA or Europe, when you ride a bike, you are treated as a vehicle and you can ride in the middle of 2 lanes. The reason why most bikers in Singapore go between 2 lanes is because of tail gating by cars. If u are driving and a tail-gather hit you, it's just a bumper damage of you get hit. On a bike, you will probably be dead. So this statistic is useless, half the bad accidents involves motorcyclist? When you hit a motorcyclist with your car, there is a high chance it will be fatal because the poor fellow has not protection.

The only time I never got bullied was when I was riding a BMW K75, wearing a white helmet. They thought I was traffic police.

• Praise 2

How do cars edge bikers away from centre towards dotted lines? If a biker is at the centre of the lane, he's at the centre what. If the biker wants to change lane, he should only change when he is able to move to the centre of the lane he wants to move to what. Perhaps I'm missing something.

I also observe some bikers like to ride fast and overtake cars on dotted lines (ie. between cars). Those are certainly not "edged" to the dotted lines, they choose to be there. They could do overtaking like cars, only doing so when the lane beside them is clear, but they intentionally not do so and instead squeeze on the dotted line. Drivers' fault again?

If you ride on the center of the lane, high chance that you will be tail gated by a car. It's dangerous to have a car following you so closely. I rode long enough to come to this conclusion.

Hypersonic
(edited)

If you ride on the center of the lane, high chance that you will be tail gated by a car. It's dangerous to have a car following you so closely. I rode long enough to come to this conclusion.

If you think that car behind tailgate you, that means you are roadhogging. You should move to the left and let the car pass. Roadhogging not only apply to car, rider moving too slow should also move to slower lane.

Always experience those Malaysian rider with one pae, riding on lane 1 at around 80km/h ruse to shift to the left.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement