BMW 5 or Audi A6?

Vid

Hypersonic

Narrowed down my options to a 5 series or an A6. Which one is better? Or any recommendation? No Mercs pls cos not getting that.

↡ Advertisement

Narrowed down my options to a 5 series or an A6. Which one is better? Or any recommendation? No Mercs pls cos not getting that.

My vote is for 5 series. Real sporty drive. I do not have much idea about A6. Audi was not in my list from the beginning. I considered between Jag and 523!

Test drive and see...

Hypersonic

My vote is for 5 series. Real sporty drive. I do not have much idea about A6. Audi was not in my list from the beginning. I considered between Jag and 523!

Test drive and see...

I have my sights on the 528i but is also keen on the A6 2.8 cos it's a V6 2700cc car so really dunno what to choose [:p]

Hypersonic

heart.......A6

mind.......5 series

say like never say........ [:p]

U follow your heart or your mind? :D

I have my sights on the 528i but is also keen on the A6 2.8 cos it's a V6 2700cc car so really dunno what to choose [:p]

If you are for V6, Jag is another option. Jag is just next to Lexus in reliability as per recent survey. Till last week it went for 219k! Sorry to distract you!

Hypersonic

guess its the drive that makes the decision.

A6 no turbo??

Have turbo. If want even more power have to go for the 3.0 :wacko: Not going to that extreme though. Just need the car for everyday drive. ^_^

Hypersonic

If you are for V6, Jag is another option. Jag is just next to Lexus in reliability as per recent survey. Till last week it went for 219k! Sorry to distract you!

Yes, Jag was one of my options initially but heard a some friends who had problems with it even when the car is relatively new. So a bit afraid to get it. [:p]

(edited)

my vote goes to the 528 due to the more powerful engine and nicer looks.

A6 doesn't look executive enough to me.

for me my choice if cars if I were to choose among the 3 germans,

junior exec = A4

exec = 5er

luxury = S class

but my real choices will be

junior 159

Exec XF

luxury Panamera

Edited by Theoldjaffa

Hypersonic

BMW for sure. To pass on mercs is a right move. I'll only consider s class

Looks like almost everyone's choice is BMW. Now seems likely will get it :D

S Class is too extravagant to drive around everyday. Maybe if I'm over 40, will consider that [;)]

Hypersonic

5 series...PERIOD!

Yes SIR! [drivingcar] [drivingcar] Tomorrow go test drive again :D

Neutral Newbie

From the video and you are already going for a 2.8, 3.0T is academic tax wise. Wonder what the price difference is between Audi 3.0T and the 528? However I would advise you get the quick steering rack for the 528, it's makes life easier in city driving for the size of the car. The 2.0 Litre trbo engine in the 528 has a tax advantage but sounds a little tinny. Whatever you do do not wind down the windows when accelerating definitely not typical BMW soundtrack.

The handling and consumption beats the A6, the latter has too much of an engine overhang. Have fun

↡ Advertisement