AXA-Ma Chi Saga (Cast your votes)

Friendstar

AXA-Ma Chi Saga  

318 members have voted

1. 1. AXA-Ma Chi Saga

• I support AXA's justifications
    • I DON'T agree with AXA's justifications

"AXA Insurance Singapore is making a test case out of its bid to reject any payout to the family of Chinese national Ma Chi, the Ferrari driver who died in a high-speed crash which left two others dead and two injured.

If it succeeds in its High Court move, there will be insurance implications for other motorists, especially owners of the growing number of high-performance sports cars here.

The insurer claims Mr Ma's recklessness meant that the May 12 tragedy was a "collision" and not an accident, and therefore it should not pay any compensation to his estate.

If the courts agree, the insurer will be allowed to claim from Mr Ma's estate all third-party compensation it pays to the other victims."

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...se-axa-20120909

Which side does MCF vote?

I'm quite sure this will divide us like.

1) OPC vs Normal Plate

2) Korean vs Jap

Edited by Friendstar
↡ Advertisement

I don't even drive a high performance sports car or drive recklessly like cheonging red light 7 secs after it turned red or speeding way above the normal speed limit. I sakport AXA all the way! Whack machi's family jialat jialat!

Edited by Fcw75

Of course support AXA.. That idiot Ma Chi cause the death of the innocent and still want to pay him $?! Hello! This is Singapore leh you think can suka2 come here,kill people and get $?! Let him burnt in HELL!!

what is AXA justification? and evidence to support it's justification?

A sane person would not drive at those kind of speeds, knowing it is a city street with traffic lights at short intervals.

My guess, the defence is probably going to use stuck accelerator to blame on mechanical failure to get off the hook on reckless driving.

Actually I am puzzled, if its not a ferrari but some speeding bugger with normal B&B car with no money that caused the accident, will AXA have to pay the taxi n passenger? If I read correctly, current report is take money from FT family n compensate the taxi driver n passenger.

I don't even drive a high performance sports car or drive recklessly like cheonging red light 7 secs after it turned red or speeding way above the normal speed limit. I sakport AXA all the way! Whack machi's family jialat jialat!

Nothing to do with his family and obviously you can't assess very well.

I think mcb case is very much over the top. So sarpork!!!! [laugh]:D[laugh]

Nothing to do with his family and obviously you can't assess very well.

Dey, I think you are the one with problem assessing. Whack his family jialat jialat means allowing the insurer to claim from Mr Ma's estate all third-party compensation it pays to the other victims, which can be up to $2M. Do you even know what this court case is abt?? Do you know what the word 'estate' mean in this case? Scram la, don't waste my time. :angry:

Edited by Fcw75

Let's think about it for a second, in this poll, are you voting against Ma Chi? Or are you voting for the principle that insurance companies should be allowed to repudiate insurance coverage for vehicles that it deems as being involved in a collision and not an accident?

I detest the actions of the ferrari driver as much as any sane person would, but my worry is never about the outcomes of this specific case, but the precedence it set for insurance companies subsequently. So will insurance companies be given the leeway to repudiate responsibility for cases where payouts are big?

Let's think about it for a second, in this poll, are you voting against Ma Chi? Or are you voting for the principle that insurance companies should be allowed to repudiate insurance coverage for vehicles that it deems as being involved in a collision and not an accident?

I detest the actions of the ferrari driver as much as any sane person would, but my worry is never about the outcomes of this specific case, but the precedence it set for insurance companies subsequently. So will insurance companies be given the leeway to repudiate responsibility for cases where payouts are big?

Precisely my point too.

And if they decided that yours is 'collision' and refuse payout, are you rich enough to go to court to make them pay? Worse still, they will sue you for the 3rd party damages! Unless you standby a few million, you are screwed.

I'm not overly concerned with the point you raised; though it's logical and may come against future drivers. But I don't think I'll ever drive like a mad man, so it doesn't bother me if AXA wins. [idea]

Don't u know alot of students are mcf member?

So most likely those want axa to win are students or someone who take bmw.

As for me of cos I agree with many bros here, we pay for comprehensive insurance and they(insurer) should do their part when such case happen like now..

↡ Advertisement