Advice needed - LTA traffic offence

Sean007sg

Hi all,

For those who fetching your family members to/from Tampines MRT station, pls be careful.

I just received LTA traffic offence letter yesterday. The offence was stopping in a zebra controlled area at Tampines central. It carry a fine of $120 plus 3 desmerit points. It also require me to furnish the driver particular. As this is my first offence, not sure will I get another letter from the traffic police. Also, the letter stated that I can settle the fine by posting cheque when I return the furnish dirver particular form to LTA, but no receipt will be issue. So is it ok for me to settle my fine with them now, or they will send me another letter for the payment? Thank you

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi all,

For those who fetching your family members to/from Tampines MRT station, pls be careful.

I just received LTA traffic offence letter yesterday. The offence was stopping in a zebra controlled area at Tampines central. It carry a fine of $120 plus 3 desmerit points. It also require me to furnish the driver particular. As this is my first offence, not sure will I get another letter from the traffic police. Also, the letter stated that I can settle the fine by posting cheque when I return the furnish dirver particular form to LTA, but no receipt will be issue. So is it ok for me to settle my fine with them now, or they will send me another letter for the payment? Thank you

After send driver particulars driver will get a love letter

If I were you would be appealing

Plead an abject apology, ignorance and vow on 53 bibles, the graves of sixteen generations of ancestors and promise on the lives of 5 generations yet to come never to do it again.

After send driver particulars driver will get a love letter

If I were you would be appealing

Plead an abject apology, ignorance and vow on 53 bibles, the graves of sixteen generations of ancestors and promise on the lives of 5 generations yet to come never to do it again.

roflol .. quite the quote bro.

my dad's friend also kena at marine parade (outside the dbs there) .. waiting for his wife twice in a row ... few days later .. 2 saman ... managed to get them to compound into 1 offense ... seems they have installed a camera there ..

Hi bro,

Thanks for your reply. I will not appeal, as I understand from the LTA/Traffic website, it stated it is an offence to stop in a zebra controlled area. It is my mistake & I admit it. So I will get another letter from the traffic police right? Would you be able to advice me what the letter about? inform me the desmerit points? or must I reported to TP HQ for question?

Sorry, first time, so am a bit worry.

Supercharged

If this is your first summon with LTA, you should appeal. Usually first summon they will waive. Think of a good excuse and send in your appeal in the LTA website and just wait. While waiting for their reply, don't pay the fine yet.

If you do not intend to appeal, then pay the fine on time to prevent late payment action from LTA.

The 3 demerit points will be deducted by TP. LTA will send the driver's particulars to TP on your behalf. Hence you won't receive another letter from TP. LTA will handle everything.

Hi bro,

Thanks for your reply. I will not appeal, as I understand from the LTA/Traffic website, it stated it is an offence to stop in a zebra controlled area. It is my mistake & I admit it. So I will get another letter from the traffic police right? Would you be able to advice me what the letter about? inform me the desmerit points? or must I reported to TP HQ for question?

I not know so much.

If is a compoundable offence they won't question you or anything. Just provide the driver details and sign off that you were driving, pay the fine and that will be the end of it.

You will have some points for a while, but if you don't repeat the same offence they dissapear realtively quickly.

Seriously, if I were you - appeal lor. You have learnt a lesson, which is what they care more than anything else.

The fine is just to reinforce the lesson you have learnt.

Hi bro,

If I'm not wrong, once you pay, you already settled the matter. There is no need to report to TP for such a minor offence.

Hi bro,

Traffic police won't send you lah. Just furnish particulars, pay up and call it a day if that's what you want.

Else just send in an appeal letter. Nothing wrong with appealing. The worst outcome is rejection of appeal.

Supercharged

TP won't call you for questioning once you provide the driver's particular. No letters will come from TP also. Don't worry.

Btw, could you tell us which part of Tampines Central exactly was the area you got the summon? In front of 7-11 traffic light? Or at the left bend ahead?

Hi TVT,

Thanks for your advice. I can't think of a good excuse, as well as I am not good in writting. So to save the trouble, I just want to settle it. Take it as a lesson I have learnt. Am now wondering will it affect my issurance renewral, which will be due in Nov.

Supercharged

Hi TVT,

Thanks for your advice. I can't think of a good excuse, as well as I am not good in writting. So to save the trouble, I just want to settle it. Take it as a lesson I have learnt. Am now wondering will it affect my issurance renewral, which will be due in Nov.

It won't affect your insurance renewal or NCD lah.... this is not an accident and you are not claiming the fine from the insurance company! Don't worry, you have paid the fine, move on and don't commit the offense again! :D

It is the road leading to Tampines One taxi stand. I stopped at the road side where the pick up point for the free shuttle bus service to Ikea. Just stop & pick up my wife & drove off, less than a min.

Supercharged

roflol .. quite the quote bro.

my dad's friend also kena at marine parade (outside the dbs there) .. waiting for his wife twice in a row ... few days later .. 2 saman ... managed to get them to compound into 1 offense ... seems they have installed a camera there ..

Either they have installed a CCTV camera or the LTA officer (in motorbike) is somewhere around taking photos.

Nowadays the officer no need to handover to the summon (personally) to the motorist on-the-spot. They take down the car number and send you the summon later.... [:(]

Supercharged

It is the road leading to Tampines One taxi stand. I stopped at the road side where the pick up point for the free shuttle bus service to Ikea. Just stop & pick up my wife & drove off, less than a min.

That road side a lot of cars parked there to wait for people. Sometimes the cars anyhow parked and blocked the IKEA bus....

Is there double or single zig-zag line markings on the side of the road? If double zig-zag line, you are not even supposed to stop there at all! [:(]

Hi TVT,

You can thank me in advance. This is your appeal letter:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to the offence, <reference number>, which I have committed on <date>.

I, along with fellow Tampines residents, have been utilising this zone for many years to pick up our loved ones from the MRT, ostensibly to alleviate further stresses on the public transport system.

In these years, I, and I am sure, my fellow Tampines residents, have never received a warning, let alone be charged, for waiting in said zone.

Hence, to my utter horror and dismay, I received this summon in the mail.

As it is my first offence, and having never been warned previously, I implore that you waive this fine.

Rest assured, I have been warned and your wardens will never find me waiting for my loved ones in this area again.

Yours in chastity,

Sean007

• Praise 1

It won't affect your insurance renewal or NCD lah.... this is not an accident and you are not claiming the fine from the insurance company! Don't worry, you have paid the fine, move on and don't commit the offense again! :D

It does affect when demerit points (DIPS) are given. Most insurers will ask to declare if any DIPS had been issued. Also, once u get DIPS, u lose the Safe Driver discount, usually an extra 5% off the premium, for NCD with 30% or more.

My wife had DIPS issued to her, upon renewal, found out the difference in premiums is close to 10% more than demerit free.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

send together lor... the particulars is for them to know who to deduct the 3 points from

↡ Advertisement