Advise Needed: 2007 Mazda 5 or Zafira

Idwish

Hello All: I am trying to get a late 2006 or 2007 used car and narrowed down to Mazda 5 and Opel Zafira 1.8 or 2.2. Can someone please advise me which is a better choice? Thank you so much !

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Gotta ask -

Why you excluding the Wish? The 5 middle row is actually only a 2 seater - it's got that funny little flip down seat, not very comfy.

Mind you the sliding doors are better.

Thanks for all the comments....Yes, the sliding door is one of the main consideration for getting M5 but Zafira price is really attractive...low depreciation :)

Hello All: I am trying to get a late 2006 or 2007 used car and narrowed down to Mazda 5 and Opel Zafira 1.8 or 2.2. Can someone please advise me which is a better choice? Thank you so much !

maybe i lucky or what la...cause last 2 visits to mechanic...there were opels parked there..once was an astra...another time was a zafira...both major issues..so um...opel ah...hmmm...choose renault better...even some(here) will swear that renault is no good...especially kangoo...but i've driven mine for 7 yrs... loving every min..and will buy back a renault..but um..if i were u...just get mazzie 5 la...mazzie has conti feel ..i heard [:p]:D

Turbocharged

Thanks for all the comments....Yes, the sliding door is one of the main consideration for getting M5 but Zafira price is really attractive...low depreciation :)

If not wrong, I would also think that the zafira should handle better than the 5 - but not sure if that is important to you.

Is Zafira really so bad as it seems everyone recommend M5? Maybe tat's the reason why it is priced lower ?

Is Zafira really so bad as it seems everyone recommend M5? Maybe tat's the reason why it is priced lower ?

things are cheap for a reason.

the zafira before this generation was very reliable i read.

this generation zafira you looking at i have not done much research so cannot comment. i had one colleague driving this same generation zafira last time and didn't hear him complaining though. but i lost touch with this colleague so not sure if it is still so reliable after it aged another 2 years.

but generally, i believe if it is a lemon, it will rear its ugly head even first few years of ownership.

those problems that appear only after the first few years are more like maintenance/wear & tear related and should go away after you replace the parts.

opel generally isn't well received in singapore so it is priced with lower depreciation. it is up to you to judge if the lower depreciation is a result of reliability issue or just perception.

if u want cheap n sliding doors (without the gearbox quirks), another option is the Lafesta.

if u want cheap n sliding doors (without the gearbox quirks), another option is the Lafesta.

+1. Boxy = roomy.

Jap cars usually problem free if u don't neglect routine servicing. Can't say the same for conti makes after reading so many forums n feedback. Personally also noted my fren polo stalled suddenly, luckily reaching mscp.

+1. Boxy = roomy.

Jap cars usually problem free if u don't neglect routine servicing. Can't say the same for conti makes after reading so many forums n feedback. Personally also noted my fren polo stalled suddenly, luckily reaching mscp.

But depends on which conti oso. MB sibei reliable one. Polo becoz of the infamous DSG?

Neutral Newbie

can consider toyota ISIS come with sliding door & NO B pillar

if buy Mazda 5 do check out the condition of the sliding door when test drive.