DIPS issue

Jerrcik

Hi guys,

sorry if this is ever brought up in this forum. Cant seem to search for it.

Its regarding about my bro.

Ok, here goes. He recently got a class 4 license because he got nothing to do. In addition, he is qualified in Class 2B and Class 3 too. These 2 license has been with him over the last 4 years.

Recently, he clocked 14 points over 2 traffic offences on his Honda NSR 150 motorcycle. Knowing that the points system for licenses over 1 year is 24 points over 24 months. However, due to his new Class 4 which allows him 12 points over 12 mths.....

May i know whether his license would be affected? (Any class)

One more thing.....those traffic cops on the bridge are using what type of cameras? Anyone knows the range?

↡ Advertisement

i just passed my 2a one year ago.. and according to the instructor there.. i am down to 12 points despite i had class 3 for 20 years.. so yeah.. any demerit points more than 12 means goodbye to all class..

Hi guys,

sorry if this is ever brought up in this forum. Cant seem to search for it.

Its regarding about my bro.

Ok, here goes. He recently got a class 4 license because he got nothing to do. In addition, he is qualified in Class 2B and Class 3 too. These 2 license has been with him over the last 4 years.

Recently, he clocked 14 points over 2 traffic offences on his Honda NSR 150 motorcycle. Knowing that the points system for licenses over 1 year is 24 points over 24 months. However, due to his new Class 4 which allows him 12 points over 12 mths.....

May i know whether his license would be affected? (Any class)

One more thing.....those traffic cops on the bridge are using what type of cameras? Anyone knows the range?

by reading,

your bro has 12 points and 3 class of license, recent offence - 14 points

now your bro license is gone.

Thats quite illogical.....u gt new license and all classes be revoked?

wonderful singapore....

Anyway can appeal?

What they suspend is your licence (the card with photo on it) and if the back of the card stated you are holding Class 2B, 2A, 2, 3, 4, 4A & 5, all listed in that card will be suspended .... [sweatdrop]

The thing is that can my bro appeal? coz he drives daily for his work.....

I mean why cant the spf suspend his bike license? y everything? isnt it unfair?

oh....anyway knows how effective the spd camera that tp uses on bridges?

A holder of a driving licence must be responsible for his actions on the road irregardless of whatever or how many classes he hold. -_-

There must be a lesson learnt to showcase that the piece of 'card' is precious and one should practice safe riding/driving not only for himself but also other road users. [:)]

Edited by Picnic06

What were the 2 offenses he committed to get the 14 demerit points?

Both speeding... 8pts n 6 pts

8 pts - exceex 31km/ hr

6 pts - exceed 21km/ hr

8 pts - exceex 31km/ hr

6 pts - exceed 21km/ hr

[shakehead][shakehead] ..... he got one for speeding above 31km/h and still speed again. He don't learn his lesson and now he feel the pain for not allow to take another test on class 4.

Should advise him to be more careful and wait till the first 8 points remove and apply for the test again. -_-

8 pts - exceex 31km/ hr

6 pts - exceed 21km/ hr

And his work involves driving? Shud be lah, looking at class 4.

This is my reaction....emoticon-cartoon-013.gif

What can I say? He broke his own rice bowl. [rolleyes]

With such a bad record, is there a good reason for him to appeal? You ask yourself. Unfair? It's the same person committing the offense regardless what he's riding/driving. Dun worry all is not lost, just get him an EZlink card and help him find a new job. The important thing is to learn from mistake and move on.

Erm jerrick. Does it means he speed in a bike, he wouldn't speed in a truck? No right? He has a tendency to speed then all machine handed to him, he will speed. This is how the law applies. Now is see revoke how long, if 3 months then he can get back and still drive with probation of 1 points. If is more than a year, he needs to retake his FTT and practical test.

Neutral Newbie

It is clear whether you are riding or driving if you commit traffic offences penalty is the same. TP do not bother wether you have all classes of licence once commit penalty is the same regardless. Just like Cruise Ship Skipper once licence gantung boat,sampan, ferry all cannot helm.

Seems a bit "off" to me.

If got 24 points on Car and bike license shouldn't lose it.

IF got 12 points on class 4, then that one gone.

I would try and appeal. Not logical that when get a class 4, the number of points you can have on your class 3 goes down.

Seems a bit "off" to me.

If got 24 points on Car and bike license shouldn't lose it.

IF got 12 points on class 4, then that one gone.

I would try and appeal. Not logical that when get a class 4, the number of points you can have on your class 3 goes down.

I dunno where you took your driving test but in sg once you just passed in any driving class you are under probation for a year hence 12pts for 12mths. It is not a matter of go down go up.

I dunno where you took your driving test but in sg once you just passed in any driving class you are under probation for a year hence 12pts for 12mths. It is not a matter of go down go up.

not fully Singaporize yet.... :D

That's the whole point -

WHICH license is under probation? If I read the OP correctly it is the class 4. So class can only have 12 points instead of the normal 24.

If, when on probation for the class 4, can also lose class 3 with 12 points, then his class 3 DIPS limit has effectively "gone down". (from 24 to 12)

When he is not under probation for class 3, this doesn't make much sense.

↡ Advertisement