2014 Lexus IS F-Sport Revealed

Aspri

Need advice on the baby Lexus so anything is good for me.

1) How's the running cost in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance costs (parts and service)? Any reputable outside workshops that will do Lexus at less than cutthroat prices? :)

2) How's the reliability?

3) What the main gripes of this car?

4) Anyone selling it at a good price for the buyer? sly.gif

5) Any other advice in general?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Errr ... I dont think we have a Lexus IS200 owner here, thats why got no replies sweatdrop.gif

Just wait a while lah .... am sure someone will post something to help you out thumbsup.gif

Here's my own opinion. I find that the driver seat is rather cramp and felt like being push in when I close the door.

Next would be that it's quite outdated and the new one is coming soon but it's a 2.5L if I'm not wrong.

However, the design is still quite ok even when it's been out for so long. If I'm not wrong, it's the 1st to have the silver rear cluster tail light and the meters on the dashboard is quite "tag heuer" lookalike.

Being a Lexus, the quality is there but if you are looking at used car, do note that the previous owner/s plays a big part.

Cheers. [:)]

Edited by Sony

Neutral Newbie

Getting new or 2nd-hand? I believe 2nd-hand would be truly value for money right now.

I used to own first generation of the IS200, before the facelift. Extremely reliable. Very smooth 6 cylinder engine, but auto gearbox lets it down. Exported it at the 5th year. Did about 120k km, apart from wear-n-tear items, no problems at all. Sent it back to BM because of the 5 year extended warranty.

Gripes? Needs more power.

1) How's the running cost in terms of fuel consumption and maintenance costs (parts and service)? Any reputable outside workshops that will do Lexus at less than cutthroat prices? :)

Thanks!

More likely 2nd hand. I guess it's also down to timing. Maybe when the new IS250 is out, the old IS200 will drop in price again.

How much did the body fetch for you?

Nobody mentioned anything about petrol consumption. Do the 6 cylinders drink?

I'm all right with the design and such. 3 series getting a bit common and also more expensive to own and maintain (perception). I did think of Mz6 and Accord though.

Hiak hiak. Never thought of the Jag but it's a nice choice. Except it's a little too flashy. I think I would like to be a little more non-descript. Besides, I've always like the baby Lexus.

Neutral Newbie

A little too late .... cos I know someone who just trade - up his IS200 .... low mileage and very well kept [thumbsup]

But I think its a nice car, and good value for a 2nd hand car.

Thanks!

Hi there,

In my opinion, its only advisable to get the IS 200 as second hand. cos the new one is expensive, if they are still selling it and its rated dated with old technology.

I am a fan of lexus but sad to say, IS 200 is considered too japanese as compared to their siblings, looking at the price u pay. (no offence to IS 200 owners)

My uncle was looking at it 2 yrs back (selling at arnd 140k+ if i rem correctly) and he was disappointed with the performance of the car and the lack of 'sturdy-ness'. (although the interior wasn't too bad looking)

Unlike the other siblings, IS 200's doors do not close with a loud and solid thud, but it sounded the same as that of a normal Japanese car of that era and the sound insulation wasn't very fantastic.

Lexus is famous for its quietness but it seems the IS 200 does not really fits into that cat.

The altezza is good and sporty but then again, its ex.. d: <

Come to think of it, if u really love that car make/car model so much, go for a test drive and get the genuine feel. Don't care abt wat other ppl say. d: >

Happy scouting!

↡ Advertisement