Which battery to get

Kingkong

If given the following batteries to select from, which one will you get, and why?

1. Bosch 38AH

2. Amaron 35AH

Car's original is 35AH.

Fitted with an Amp thats not too high power type.

Thanks.

Edited by Kingkong
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Amaron for me. But see which one has higher CCA. Amaron CCA for 35Ah is 335. Check Bosch.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

If given the following batteries to select from, which one will you get, and why?

1. Bosch 38AH

2. Amaron 35AH

Car's original is 35AH.

Thanks.

Since the difference small, why don't you install 45 ah ? It is better when you have power amp, not to load the battery heavily.

• Praise 1

If your car got no fancy led, ice and etc, just replace with the same amp battery. Higher cca are meant for cold countries because they need extra power just to crank the engine when cold. When you expend more power just to crank on a higher cca battery, the longer it takes for the alternator to charge the battery. Mix with singapore's start stop traffic, the battery wont last long unless you upgrade the alternator too. As for the battery, you get what you pay for.

Just buy whatever you feel right lor..

Battery lifespan depends on heng suay one.

My last time's Amaron batt (60ah) lasted me only 2 years.

My current Yokohama brand (45ah) from JB, which is much cheaper than Amaron, has lasted me for the past 3 years and still going strong.

Edited by C-K

So far I've only used Bosch. Lasted 1yr9mths before I experienced first battery flat.

Heard Amaron lasts about 2 yrs and more. So was wondering if I should give it a try.

My only concern is the simple Amp I had. Its Nothing super duper. Will the 35AH be enough?

Not considering going for higher capacity for fear of stressing the altenator out.

Another concern for higher capacity is the size may not fit the battery bay.

amaron, mine lasted 2yrs 2mths and still kicking alive... however, i went to jb WS last wk do someting else and at the same time juz change to another amaron... haha

is it true that if you fit a higher amp battery

the alternator has to work a lot harder to charge the battery

Take example those AA rechargable batteries. It takes a longer time to charge a 2200mah battery than a 1800mah one.

The charger wont work harder but it takes a longer time to charge.

If you use a higher amp battery with a high cca output or not, the alternator will take a longer time to charge.

So on stock electrical system, the stock battery and alternator is enough.

If you have fancy led, ice or anything sucking up juice, upgrade both battery and alternator. If you dont, they will stress out because it is discharging faster than it can charge.

Take example those AA rechargable batteries. It takes a longer time to charge a 2200mah battery than a 1800mah one.

The charger wont work harder but it takes a longer time to charge.

If you use a higher amp battery with a high cca output or not, the alternator will take a longer time to charge.

So on stock electrical system, the stock battery and alternator is enough.

If you have fancy led, ice or anything sucking up juice, upgrade both battery and alternator. If you dont, they will stress out because it is discharging faster than it can charge.

thanks that sounded reasonable

but if the alternator takes a longer time to charge

that would also mean that the alternator working hours would be longer

hence wouldnt the alternator be working harder here

something i am not sure is

regardless whether the alternator is charging or not

the alternator is always running (true or false)

since the alternator is connected to the engine block by belt so their parts are moving all the time

if this is true, then in a sense the alternator is working all the time regardless if it is charging or not

Normally not more than 20% of the recommended battery amp hr. For a 35 amp hr battery the biggest amp hr battery will be 42amp hr ( 45amp hr so be ok ) so long as the alternator is not force to generate max amp @ 80% of the running time.

Edited by Yeobh

You need to get into the technicality of how an alternator and charging system works. It will be too much to explain the technicality over there.

The alternator charging process starts when the rpm is above 1K and it is said that it takes about 30min of driving to recharge the back the energy lost during startup. During idling it wont charge.

You need to get into the technicality of how an alternator and charging system works. It will be too much to explain the technicality over there.

True. Just use simple and proven methods will do.

1. Bosch 38AH

2. Amaron 35AH

Car's original is 35AH.

Thanks.

Both r reputable brands. Just depends on price n also its not made in china or bangladesh.