Audi, BMW and volkswagen engine rank most unreliable.

Pckwpckw

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

In a recent world rating, Audi ,BMW,Mini and volkswagen is rank among the most unreliable engine.

View this URL for more infomation : http://www.autoevolution.com/news/audi-volkswagen-bmw-and-mini-record-worst-engine-failure-rates-54182.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9...ity-survey.html

Edited by Pckwpckw

My Audi so far so good. Just done servicing after 30,000km. The radio have a habit of shuttung down when its too cold, or too hot, or over some major bump, otherwise, no biggy.

mine is 1 of the above, i certainly dont drive like toyota drivers for the way i abuse the engine, i dont think it going to last 100k thats why conti cars die faster

Edited by Wormvirus

No leh. I drove peugeot for over 120,000 km with no major problem. I do my servicing regularly and even change gear box oil every 40,000 km. The radio do go a little haywire though.

Neutral Newbie

No leh. I drove peugeot for over 120,000 km with no major problem. I do my servicing regularly and even change gear box oil every 40,000 km. The radio do go a little haywire though.

Too bad my BMW engine, change engine at 50,000 mileage. lucky still cover by warranty.

Neutral Newbie

My friend 745 gear box kaput at around 60,000 km

Neutral Newbie

My relative toyota camry hit 400,000 km with engine and gear box still working well.

Neutral Newbie

This thread is talking about engines hor.

Seriously.... do engines ever break down?

Normally I only hear gearboxes

Yes engine do break down if the piston is not properly assemble, there is also other reason.

Neutral Newbie

quite true, exception of older merc

Yes older merc is build like a tank, but not those build between 2000-2007, this period the quality is the worse. But now they have improve again.

same doubts i have.

what constitutes engine failure?

Neutral Newbie

Engine sometime will lose power and release a lot of white smoke and they will fail the compression test. At time u need to overhaul the engine to change some of the parts. Singaporean use to change car every 3-5 years thats why seldom have this problem. But down the road when coe is so high u will see a lot of car start to break down.

My friend's 2.5 years old Jetta at agent engine overhaul, as per advisor is engine lost compression. They gave him a Mk6 Golf as courtesy car lol

↡ Advertisement