Lancer EX 1.5 vs. Latio CVT

Edwardtkh

Hi bros, sis,

I am currently driving a latio CVT. Am considering to get a Lancer EX 1.5 Auto. But after reading the comments in the forum, it seems

like the 1.5 EX is underpowered. Does any bros and sis here have experiece with the Lancer EX 1.5? And comparing the power of both

latio (1.5 CVT) vs Lancer EX 1.5 Auto, are they on par or lancer is worse off ?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros, sis,

I am currently driving a latio CVT. Am considering to get a Lancer EX 1.5 Auto. But after reading the comments in the forum, it seems

like the 1.5 EX is underpowered. Does any bros and sis here have experiece with the Lancer EX 1.5? And comparing the power of both

Thanks!

Test drove and rode as passenger in both cars b4.

Latino has a more spacious cabin and quieter ride.

Power - no discernible difference i.e both felt underpowered.

Other than Lancer having a sportier look and lots more poisonous mods, there is really no point changing to a Lancer. Just my 2 cents.

Hi bros, sis,

Thanks!

Sat in Lancer 1.5 EX, quite noisy inside. Engine sound quite noticable in the cabin.

Hi bros, sis,

Thanks!

can't make sense,

why do you change car in same category [confused]

unless your car coe end, or your backside itchy [:p]

IMO, latio CVT wins over Lancer EX 1.5 overall,

can't make sense,

why do you change car in same category [confused]

unless your car coe end, or your backside itchy [:p]

IMO, latio CVT wins over Lancer EX 1.5 overall,

latio left 2 more years to EOL, thinking might as well do a change now rather than wait till 2015 where there's lots of uncertainty but definately cost of car will be much higher compared to now. My personal POV :)

Test drove and rode as passenger in both cars b4.

Latino has a more spacious cabin and quieter ride.

Power - no discernible difference i.e both felt underpowered.

Other than Lancer having a sportier look and lots more poisonous mods, there is really no point changing to a Lancer. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks Bro :)

Actually i'm not a 'power hungry' type of person. Am quite satisfied with the power of my current latio hence, if Lancr EX is the same, then this will not be an issue. Howeve, ya, i will be going for a test drive this weekend. How's the FC like, anyone has any idea?

Why u never consider VIOS or Lancer GLX ? Both seem to be affordable if compare with Lancer EX 1.5.

I use to drive lancer ex 1.5, it is overall a good ride. But not worth for u to change from Latio to EX.

Below is my review for lancer ex 1.5

Pro

1) Soild body chassis (Proved, because i met a serious accident)

2) Very stable at Highway (I try from SG to cameron highland)

3) Freezing aircon

4) Lot of gadget, like auto headlight, wiper, keyless and decent stock sound system

Con

1) Super underpower ( especially 60-100km , drag like tortise)

(Turbocharged it, will have quite impressive performance)

2) 4AT gearbox (Oh i hate 4AT)

3) Very noise engine sound (It is actually the stupid fan,sound like grass cutter machine)

4) FC (10-11km/l)

5) If stock suspension can feel the bodyroll

Edited by Dscheng

Hi bros, sis,

Thanks!

like for like.. better dont change.

stick with e latio unless u r concerned about coe remaining lifespan and price of coe in 2015

lancer too many beng-look-a-likes running around, with stickers n fake evo look. Of course, lancer has more mods too in terms of exterior mods n engine mods.

Turbocharged

Trying to get some info on Latio, what's the difference between latio normal, latio premium and latio sports premium? Most interested in engine transmission, the base model has CVT?

Thanks!

Turbocharged

base is 4AT, premium is CVT. premium has more gadets like auto headl lights and arm rest for driver

I see, thanks. Headlight things I'm not so concerned, more the transmission. Read that better to go for CVT.

Hi bros, sis,

Thanks!

i drove the EX 1.5 from 2008-2011. Its a superb car. Spacious definitely. I could get like 650km on a full tank while doing 90% highway. Lots of gadgets and mine came with sunroof (special indent). Back then only the GT had the sunroof if I am not mistaken. At first I had thought, power would be an issue since its a 1.5L with a big body, but I was wrong. For driving in Singapore, its moves nicely with adequate power. On the move on Msian highway with full load, it gets a lil lethargic but still can go 160-170km/h. Love the car but I sold it for a profit. Problem free throughout my 3 years driving it. Heheh.

Have driven Latio before also. Nice family car. Superb and comfy seats but overall very boring car.

Me now driving FD1

Good luck on the next car purchase!

Turbocharged

One more question. Notice that for the premium version, some have bodykit all around with indicator light on side mirror. Some have no bodykit and no indicator light on side mirror. Is it PI vs. Tan Chong versions?

One more question. Notice that for the premium version, some have bodykit all around with indicator light on side mirror. Some have no bodykit and no indicator light on side mirror. Is it PI vs. Tan Chong versions?

tan chong version

↡ Advertisement