Hyundai Elantra @$89k with 10 years loan

Spring

Hi Bros,

Saw in Saturday's ST advert that the Hyundai Elantra was going @$89k with 10 year loan for thae weekend
only. Anyone went down or booked? What was the COE rebate? Any conditions? Appreciate any feedbacks/comments! Thanks!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Still can give 10 year loan meh?

some companies advertised some sort of in-house financing for such loans? heard in-house financing not under the MAS restrictions? is it true? anyone can verify?

So the AD is expecting the COE for CAT A to drop below 50K next round? Seems a bit optimistic..

Within 6 rounds for not guaranteed bids. So that's possible. Anyway whatever rebate level AD set is what they are willing to bid up to so it is not an expectation but a target for the AD to work towards.

No loss to AD as they hold the buyers deposit for 3 mths and if really cannot meet target price they will offer buyer to top-up or let them keep the deposit for another 3 mths to try again.

Still can give 10 year loan meh?

Yes. But criteria more stringent. AD got offer me this option and say can try.

Whao, didn't know so many loopholes one. 2nd hand dealers should be more creative liao. Maybe offer 15 to 20 years loan for their 7-year old car. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

10 years loan but interest can be as high as 3.88 percent.

Need to do some Maths. 10 years of interest would means over $34k.

Somebody is correct. They are going for continuous six bids. Looking at this price, coe has to drop to 40k before one can smell.

I could be wrong. For comment....

Whao, didn't know so many loopholes one. 2nd hand dealers should be more creative liao. Maybe offer 15 to 20 years loan for their 7-year old car. [laugh]

The problem with 2nd hand cars are those cheap COE cars selling for sky price, they mention they buy in ex so sell ex... So who wanna buy 2nd?

The problem with 2nd hand cars are those cheap COE cars selling for sky price, they mention they buy in ex so sell ex... So who wanna buy 2nd?

It will be interesting to see which 2nd-hand car dealers are still around in July for the SPH Classified Car Carnival. [rolleyes]

There are still many loopholes. MAS is working to close such gaps and cranks. Recently, I even received SMS on personal loans to buy cars. I think that SMS is coming from an Ah Long. Joker ,asking the wrong person [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

This is a gimmic.

At $89K for the basic model, Komoco will bid only $40K max for your COE.

Slim chances to secure COE.

They recommended that I take the $109K package where they will bid COE at $60K

This is a gimmic.

that advertisement would have surely enticed many to visit their showroom.

This is a gimmic.

Looks like they can 'forecast' the coming coe bid. If you were to take up the $109K package and if they really bid coe for you at $60K, you should be able to secure this round coe?! [rolleyes]

I heard abt the $40k coe rebate.. means they will bid from $40k onwards... keep ur $5k deposit, try for 6 bids for you i think... agent tell me if no urgent need for car, can take this package..

but i suspect, after 3-4 bids, they might low ball u, ask u top up $5k or something if COE not down to $40k...

then u waited and gian liao.. will probably just cough out the extra cash (if u have it)..

↡ Advertisement