Coilovers

Somebody

Hey everyone,

When i bought my IS250 2nd hand it came with CUSCO suspension. Its a little hard.

I've sat in an AUDI TT, and think that was a comfortable firm ride. Now my workshop is suggesting that i change to the NEOMAX Silvers coilovers. But i'm wondering if it'll be too hard once again.

any suggestions?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hey everyone,

When i bought my IS250 2nd hand it came with CUSCO suspension. Its a little hard.

I've sat in an AUDI TT, and think that was a comfortable firm ride. Now my workshop is suggesting that i change to the NEOMAX Silvers coilovers. But i'm wondering if it'll be too hard once again.

any suggestions?

hi

your cusco are they adjustable especially the damping part? if yes.. likely you need not waste your money for another set of coil-overs.

most coilovers are hard , but the better ones can be adjusted from soft to hard. sometimes it also depends whether your previous owner change the spring rate to a heavier ones.

i have sat on a set KW coilovers recently which are really impressive it gives you the feel of continental [inlove] car.

• Praise 2

thanks! guess ill have to check that.

btw, you tried the KW on which car? conti feel sounds good!

i tried on a sti...the kw was specially order for my frend car.

if im not mistaken it cost abt 4000+ . :wacko: . installation was done 2 mths ago

Edited by Tzc

u might want consider tein super street?

japan coil, comfortable as well

price isnt on the high side also

i dunno about neomax but i'll never consider it

• Praise 1

I dont understand why will you want to put coilovers if you want your ride to be comfortable and stock like?

Coilovers are supposed to firm up the car so there should b very little body roll or bouncing while driving

Personally, i hate the feeling of the car wobbling when negotiating corners unless you enjoy it...

• Praise 2

I dont understand why will you want to put coilovers if you want your ride to be comfortable and stock like?

Coilovers are supposed to firm up the car so there should b very little body roll or bouncing while driving

Personally, i hate the feeling of the car wobbling when negotiating corners unless you enjoy it...

i dont' want it be a camry "stock like" or a audi a4 "stock like". I want it maybe like an audi tt "stock like" or maybe gti "stock like". haha

im on tein super street...got stiffness yet comfortable enuff not to make you scream and curse.

tt or gti stock like..then somebody pls go for KW [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

yea i know cusco is better... but the problem is... its 6 yr old... and its squeking...

Generally cusco coilover has adjustable damping, I would suggest you go back to the workshop (paya ubi i think) that carry this brand to check on the coilover and also check for squeking sound.

• Praise 1

Generally cusco coilover has adjustable damping, I would suggest you go back to the workshop (paya ubi i think) that carry this brand to check on the coilover and also check for squeking sound.

Thanks! Any idea whats the name of the workshop?

im on tein super street...got stiffness yet comfortable enuff not to make you scream and curse.

tt or gti stock like..then somebody pls go for KW [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Same here.. Using Tein superstreet too.. But I wished the damping force could be harder. I'm now on 14 clicks front.. Rear I don't know.. left 2 more clicks to adjust on the front..

• Praise 1

Same here.. Using Tein superstreet too.. But I wished the damping force could be harder. I'm now on 14 clicks front.. Rear I don't know.. left 2 more clicks to adjust on the front..

just max out if u like it tat way..im on 12 14 front rear

i also need some advise...i installed lowering springs with stock absorber..the feeling is great...i dont really take corner at very high speeds so its just nice. Very comfortable as well.....a bit wobbly if traveling at over 100 over a bumpy road (which is better than a firm neck jarring experience i suppose) .

Problem is my rear drop is too much (less than 1 finger. front a bit less than 2 finger) and on many occasions will hit the road hump. A few car parks, i will scrap at the top of the slope (eg Singpost car park). Also exhaust tip scrap all the time. Looking to install coilovers to get the gap i want but retain the 'soft' ride.

Currently the ride is indeed way better than stock. No more swaying, very good control (on stock, once i lost control of the car when turning at low speed at car park. baby also vomited once. Stock also at 120 starts to get scary, bouncing everywhere and can feel car swerving sideways...now 150 also no problems) and still maintain the comfort. what is the cheapest and most comfortable coilover. I dont speed a lot and dont take corners at high speeds. Just normal spirited driving (its an Altis BTW, a slow car).

Edited by Ungtiong
  • Praise 1

i also need some advise...i installed lowering springs with stock absorber..the feeling is great...i dont really take corner at very high speeds so its just nice. Very comfortable as well.....a bit wobbly if traveling at over 100 over a bumpy road (which is better than a firm neck jarring experience i suppose) .

Problem is my rear drop is too much (less than 1 finger. front a bit less than 2 finger) and on many occasions will hit the road hump. A few car parks, i will scrap at the top of the slope (eg Singpost car park). Also exhaust tip scrap all the time. Looking to install coilovers to get the gap i want but retain the 'soft' ride.

Currently the ride is indeed way better than stock. No more swaying, very good control (on stock, once i lost control of the car when turning at low speed at car park. baby also vomited once. Stock also at 120 starts to get scary, bouncing everywhere and can feel car swerving sideways...now 150 also no problems) and still maintain the comfort. what is the cheapest and most comfortable coilover. I dont speed a lot and dont take corners at high speeds. Just normal spirited driving (its an Altis BTW, a slow car).

if you simply just replace the spring with a lowered spring and using the stock shock..in no time, your shock will up lorry...

if you simply just replace the spring with a lowered spring and using the stock shock..in no time, your shock will up lorry...

1 year of bliss is still better than 5 years of agony (which is 1/2 the life of the car liao)......meaning its well worth the short life span...thats y i am already planning for the coil over. Like the ride, want the adjustable drop.

↡ Advertisement