Suspect wheel bearing problem. Any workshop to recommend?

Fivegear

Driving a FD1 2007 make. Think might be having wheel bearing problem as sounds get louder when accelerates. Any workshop to recommend to fix the problem?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

had the same problem with my Honda City

Bought my parts from Thian Seng. The guy there recommend me to fix at a workshop in Autobay @ Kakibukit

Will pm u his contact no.

• Praise 1

had the same problem with my Honda City

Bought my parts from Thian Seng. The guy there recommend me to fix at a workshop in Autobay @ Kakibukit

Will pm u his contact no.

Can PM me contact too? My ride also hearing a loud humming sound as I reach ~70-80km/hr. AD was telling me that it's some bearing wear-off but cost a bomb to get fixed at AD

• Praise 1

If i am not wrong that time i replace it for my Edix was about between 250 - 280.

not really that ex, but will the difference after replacement is alot quieter.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Depending on car make..wheel bearing abt 120/wheel.. not necessary to change all.

Thw wkshop will lift the car and spin the wheel..then they will use their hands to feel if any trembling..if wheel bearing ki chia..will feel very rough when it spins.

Edited by Rayoflight
  • Praise 1

I went to Autobacs to check my wheel noise. I was having heart beat kind of noise that increases frequency with speed. Over last few days it had become more noticable.

Mazda 3 2007, autobacs quoted $540/- for one side. Said original replacement..

I googled around and found the supplier for the parts and got one bearing with id: Bearing BBM2-26-15XB for $175 inc GST (rear)

Says Made in Japan on the box not sure..

Tomorrow have appt at Sin Ming Autocare to get it replaced. Should work out to total < SGD $225.

• Praise 1

I went to Autobacs to check my wheel noise. I was having heart beat kind of noise that increases frequency with speed. Over last few days it had become more noticable.

Mazda 3 2007, autobacs quoted $540/- for one side. Said original replacement..

I googled around and found the supplier for the parts and got one bearing with id: Bearing BBM2-26-15XB for $175 inc GST (rear)

Says Made in Japan on the box not sure..

Tomorrow have appt at Sin Ming Autocare to get it replaced. Should work out to total < SGD $225.

Wah Autobacs quote $540 fr one side??? They use gold bearings ah? [shocked]

U can try to get SKF german made bearings. Ty r one of the best around. FAG also [thumbsup]

Or get any good Jap made bearing also can.

Remember to get the bearing seal to seal up the bearings so water n dirt cannot get in. Wil last longer like that. If the ws can apply extra grease even better.

Edited by Pisces69

Just checking if anyone knows....

My jap car mileage about 180000km... My bearings seems fine... So I think... Cause at high speeds all I can hear is my exhaust....

Say my wheel bearings are fine... If I change to new ones will I get a smoother ride? Get a little improved FC? Maybe better pick up? Lol

My last Honda a wheel had vibrations... I changed the wheel bearings and the ride was so much smoother... But then again maybe the bearings were dying.

• Praise 1

mine is suzuki swift. changed at AD during servicing. about $230 for 2 rear wheel bearing.

Wah, that very cheap, at AD some more.

For mine case, after i got a quote from a recommended workshop at $480 for one side, I decided to get the bearing set from a stockist @ $180+gst. And since I was free then, I crossed over to boleh land, got it changed at RM 80.

Business overheads in Singapore is high. [smallcry]

• Praise 1

Just checking if anyone knows....

My jap car mileage about 180000km... My bearings seems fine... So I think... Cause at high speeds all I can hear is my exhaust....

Say my wheel bearings are fine... If I change to new ones will I get a smoother ride? Get a little improved FC? Maybe better pick up? Lol

My last Honda a wheel had vibrations... I changed the wheel bearings and the ride was so much smoother... But then again maybe the bearings were dying.

Why? U got some extra cash u dunno what to do with issit?

Just open a few bottles of yr special beer n some makan can already.

Waste yr money to change wheel bearings when ty r not spoilt. [hur]

Why? U got some extra cash u dunno what to do with issit?

Just open a few bottles of yr special beer n some makan can already.

Waste yr money to change wheel bearings when ty r not spoilt. [hur]

[laugh] ... My ride must be song to drive by me... If no song then my ride will be buay song....

Fine and drivable.... Is not the same as tip top condition and song to drive... To me... [pirate]

[laugh] ... My ride must be song to drive by me... If no song then my ride will be buay song....

Fine and drivable.... Is not the same as tip top condition and song to drive... To me... [pirate]

Then I suggest u change to a better set of tires first.

If I remember correctly, last time u using some cheepo unheard of tire. [laugh]

If those pple who suspect but not cfm wheel bearing n dun wan carrot by Ws very simple

Jet up one of your wheel n spin that wheel

If got metal sound then bearing kaput liao

Get the bearing from stockist come in a pair ard 20$

Price may differ which different makes la

Labour oso not that ex

Those pple say above 120............... [:(]

I only refer to jap made

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1