IS250 Vs 328 Vs Cadillac

RadX

u shd know who this is for!

My point is this, reviews may be biased and paid, so for goodness sake, stop with the sales nonsense and you want, pit fairly! Jus because sales of Lexus are farrrrrrrrrrr below that of BMW and Merc, no need to go bashing and putting FALSE statements forward!

I rest my case! I like what one comment said that 'the lexus was sooooooooooo slow'...muahahhah

I for one cannot stand damn salesmen who peddle their wares to the hilt! get a bloody life!

Disclaimer: End of rant as the Nazi has been trying hard to peddle his brand here much to the infuriation of others!

↡ Advertisement

1st Gear

My point is this, reviews may be biased and paid, so for goodness sake, stop with the sales nonsense and you want, pit fairly! Jus because sales of Lexus are farrrrrrrrrrr below that of BMW and Merc, no need to go bashing and putting FALSE statements forward!

I rest my case! I like what one comment said that 'the lexus was sooooooooooo slow'...muahahhah

I for one cannot stand damn salesmen who peddle their wares to the hilt! get a bloody life!

Disclaimer: End of rant as the Nazi has been trying hard to peddle his brand here much to the infuriation of others!

Y? Someone said ur bmw is a poser? [laugh]

Y? Someone said ur bmw is a poser? [laugh]

no lah...this nazi alwes has his nonsense and puts reviews of lexus in favor of other marques.......to him lexus the best....

so, just providing what another review might say. they might all mean the same thing, and one better than the other and vice versa, but the choice is still left to the heart and minds of the buyers.

However, the condescendance upon other marques is amazing, even from a salesman.

b] Here i say even a bloody valet like you got more class[/b] [:p] [:p]

1st Gear

no lah...this nazi alwes has his nonsense and puts reviews of lexus in favor of other marques.......to him lexus the best....

so, just providing what another review might say. they might all mean the same thing, and one better than the other and vice versa, but the choice is still left to the heart and minds of the buyers.

However, the condescendance upon other marques is amazing, even from a salesman.

b] Here i say even a bloody valet like you got more class[/b] [:p] [:p]

I am not ur regular who parks ur car at I12 Katong and most certainly not those kind who finds joy in whacking the bloody car i lay my hands on. I atas one.

As for that 'nazi' ur referring to, aint we got loads of them same pattern in this forum? Alot of them thinks that their current ride is the best-est. esp that nincompoop which openly posted he can get chicks wif his super E46 coupe. I was impressed till now.

Go buy a ur sampan we go out in the seas and eat wind better la. Life is short bro, u shd know better. Y wana get gaga over this 'nazi'?

I am not ur regular who parks ur car at I12 Katong and most certainly not those kind who finds joy in whacking the bloody car i lay my hands on. I atas one.

As for that 'nazi' ur referring to, aint we got loads of them same pattern in this forum? Alot of them thinks that their current ride is the best-est. esp that nincompoop which openly posted he can get chicks wif his super E46 coupe. I was impressed till now.

Go buy a ur sampan we go out in the seas and eat wind better la. Life is short bro, u shd know better. Y wana get gaga over this 'nazi'?

muahahha...good idea. yeah, let the Nazi claim whatever he wants lah...he shiok he happy, not our pasal...

i arrange we go lunch soon....hv ur contact...

Actually how one describe slow or fast? One comment lexus slow is based on paper spec or test? If test then how u define? Cos if lexus car more quiet, it makes acceleration feel slower

Actually how one describe slow or fast? One comment lexus slow is based on paper spec or test? If test then how u define? Cos if lexus car more quiet, it makes acceleration feel slower

state of mind lor [laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

Here's the full article :

Edmunds- 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport vs. 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0 Premium vs. 2014 Lexus IS250 F-Sport

http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/3-series/2013/c...rison-test.html

2013_bmw_3-series_group_ct_501135_717.jpg

Note this comment from the reviewers :

Where the Lexus does trump the BMW is in steering feel and precision. We'll say it again: The 2014 Lexus IS 250 F Sport has better, more precise, sharper and more communicative steering than the BMW 3 Series. Unfortunately, thanks to substandard Bridgestone Turanza ER33 tires, most of that communication is, loosely translated, "Please slow down. I have no grip. Here's some understeer!"

Also despite the more powerful engine and better tires on the 328i, the M-Sport 328i has a slower slalom speed than the IS250 F-Sport.

Again further evidence that the F30 3 series is the inferior chassis to the new IS and a poorer handling car.

So basically the review says that the IS is a better driver's car but was let down by its tires, drivetrain and and its nonadjustable F-Sport suspension. Note that the IS350 F-Sport has adjustable suspension standard, 8 speed gearbox mated to a far superior 3.5L 2GR-FSE engine and tires can be changed easily. Which is why once the powerplants are on a more equal footing, the IS350 beat the 335i in the previous comparison

One further point : the base model of the IS is the IS250. The base model of the 3 series is the 316i and 320i NOT the 328i.

The 316i/320i is going to be similar in price to the IS250 while the 328i will be significantly more expensive than the IS250. Considering base models to base models, it is obvious the IS250 will trounce the 316i/320i.

In effect, the 2 comparison tests : 335i vs IS350 and 328i vs IS250 says :

"Buy the 3 series if you want a pretty car with a big back seat and want to be fast in a straight line but for an aggressive looking macho car, a true driver's car which can corner well with good steering feedback and enjoyment, get the Lexus." [sly][laugh]

Edited by Natnut

Here's the full article :

Edmunds- 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport vs. 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0 Premium vs. 2014 Lexus IS250 F-Sport

http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/3-series/2013/c...rison-test.html

Note this comment from the reviewers :

Where the Lexus does trump the BMW is in steering feel and precision. We'll say it again: The 2014 Lexus IS 250 F Sport has better, more precise, sharper and more communicative steering than the BMW 3 Series. Unfortunately, thanks to substandard Bridgestone Turanza ER33 tires, most of that communication is, loosely translated, "Please slow down. I have no grip. Here's some understeer!"

Also despite the more powerful engine and better tires on the 328i, the M-Sport 328i has a slower slalom speed than the IS250 F-Sport.

Again further evidence that the F30 3 series is the inferior chassis to the new IS and a poorer handling car.

So basically the review says that the IS is a better driver's car but was let down by its tires, drivetrain and and its nonadjustable F-Sport suspension. Note that the IS350 F-Sport has adjustable suspension standard, 8 speed gearbox mated to a far superior 3.5L 2GR-FSE engine and tires can be changed easily. Which is why once the powerplants are on a more equal footing, the IS350 beat the 335i in the previous comparison

One further point : the base model of the IS is the IS250. The base model of the 3 series is the 316i and 320i NOT the 328i.

The 316i/320i is going to be similar in price to the IS250 while the 328i will be significantly more expensive than the IS250. Considering base models to base models, it is obvious the IS250 will trounce the 316i/320i.

In effect, the 2 comparison tests : 335i vs IS350 and 328i vs IS250 says :

"Buy the 3 series if you want a pretty car with a big back seat and want to be fast in a straight line but for an aggressive looking macho car, a true driver's car which can corner well with good steering feedback and enjoyment, get the Lexus." [sly][laugh]

Not Forgetting all 4 door 3 series sedans are MADE IN SOUTH AFRICA, and all Lexus are MADE IN JAPAN !!!

1st Gear

Not Forgetting all 4 door 3 series sedans are MADE IN SOUTH AFRICA, and all Lexus are MADE IN JAPAN !!!

so what if the is250 is made in japan? for the 2006 model, interior finishing is second to poop. the dash board and side panels are disintegrating everyday. so much for a premium brand. lol

hopefully they hv eradicated this prob in the latest model. otherwise, its really a let down.

BTW, to remove all confusion, RadX's original post was in reaction to this comparison test I posted that shows how the new Lexus IS350 F-Sport disgraced the BMW 335i M-Sport [:p]

Car And Driver : 3 Way Shoot-out Between BMW 335i M-Sport, Cadillac ATS 3.6L with Sport Package and Lexus IS350 F-Sport

c0cac3251382183.jpgdb4404251382190.jpg

9f9770251382199.jpg8a62ed251382208.jpg

236a1c251382215.jpg1b11f6251382219.jpg

c7e016251382222.jpgf8c4ee251382228.jpg

A few choice quotes from the article:

The question on everyone's minds was vocalized by technical editor KC Colwell : " Is it possible that the BMW has the worst steering here?"

This is the first 3 series that feels less thoroughly engineered than its competition. It's competent, it's spacious, it's comfortable ; but in comparison to other cars in its segment, the 3 series is undercooked.

Compared with the other 2 cars here, the 3 series feels immense and slow-witted.

And that is what's most damning : The M Sport is capable, but it's not as engaging as either opponent.

Incidentally, the new IS350 F-Sport had the fastest slalom speed and won the 3 way shootout. [:p]

The reviewers were not kind in their comments about the BMW to say the least. [sly]

Sad to see how much BMW has lost its way : from Ultimate Driving Machine to Ultimate Poseurmobile for the bored Tai-Tai and the Rich Tycoon's third mistress.

(edited)

I will buy neither, but I can tell you that even 320i will be faster than the is250 in real world driving. That is even before you consider installing a piggyback in the 320i which will push power close to 328i level. So it is really not fair to compare is250 with 328i.

Edited by Zyklon

At the end of the day, its got to do with the badge too. Lexus will ALWAYS be perceived as a luxurious Toyota.

I am not a BMW fan but I will pickit over the Lexus. Pls don't blame me please.

↡ Advertisement