Serious vibration with my Opel Combo

Aerosmith

my Opel combo 2007 1.3 Auto when idling has vibrations.

when i accelerate abover 2k rpm, the vibrations is very serious and the worst is the loud grinding noise. but once i reach desired speeds and releases the trottle, the vibrations and sound subsides.

is this a clutch or engine mounting problem?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Might want to have the gearbox's torque convertor looked at. Could be engine mounting problem, but the "grinding" noise suggests metal to metal contact hence my suspicion of the torque convertor.

thanks for the advice, i also suspected there is both a clutch/torque converter problem and a mounting problem. but when i brought down to a mechanic, they say it seems like a turbo problem. but they also noted no loss of power. van can still hit 130km/h but a lot of grinding noise during acceleration, after hitting constant speed, no more grinding noise.

is turbo, torque converter and engine mounting expensive for opel combo 1.3 auto? anyone knows a workshop with good and cheap service?

thanks for the advice, i also suspected there is both a clutch/torque converter problem and a mounting problem. but when i brought down to a mechanic, they say it seems like a turbo problem. but they also noted no loss of power. van can still hit 130km/h but a lot of grinding noise during acceleration, after hitting constant speed, no more grinding noise.

is turbo, torque converter and engine mounting expensive for opel combo 1.3 auto? anyone knows a workshop with good and cheap service?

Not too sure thou I had heard horror stories about how eurovan parts replacement cost a [knife] (not meant to scared you)