China plated VW Tiguan in SG

Mockngbrd

Was crossing the street and saw a Tiguan with China license plates going by. It had some decals on it too. Anyone else spotted it?

Wasn't fast enough to take photos cos busy trying to cross the street.

↡ Advertisement

I seen US Navy plate vehicles...but China ?? Possible to drive from there to here...a friend drove to Yunan a few years back. Maybe they also like my friend drove all the way to SG for motoring adventure.

A friend wanted to drive his Saab 900 back to Sweden as a motoring adventure...as the planning goes...he can only get insurance up to China and no more...scrap the plan and the car.

Was crossing the street and saw a Tiguan with China license plates going by. It had some decals on it too. Anyone else spotted it?

Wasn't fast enough to take photos cos busy trying to cross the street.

Simi lumber plate?

Got say "Gong Chang Wan Sui"? [:p]

How come the Tiguan didn't have a sticker behind indicating it is left hand drive.

To what I heard and know, if you ship a left hand drive car to sillypore, LTA will evaluate and then will stick the sticker indicating "Left Hand Drive", like those embassy car...

If you drive in, they will not access your car, so no free sticker....

To what I heard and know, if you ship a left hand drive car to sillypore, LTA will evaluate and then will stick the sticker indicating "Left Hand Drive", like those embassy car...

If you drive in, they will not access your car, so no free sticker....

Ah I see. Cos last time, I always see a US boxster which has the sticker on the rear bumper.

tt is really a lot of distance to cover

Not necessary. Some drive in the country and ship to the next, and start all over again. You need Carnet permit.

Could have been shipped down from China, then drive back to China via MY, TH, ........ vice versa or another continent.

Edited by Kangadrool

The are a lot of Euro plates running around in Sg. Some put BR, D etc. Sometimes u can see Msia Euro plate running around too. The short form they put "JH". Just wondering since when Johor bcome part of Euro liao.. [laugh]

Na... help TS provide photo... or else kena NPNT

BTW, this car is from China, Shanghai...

attachicon.gifIMG_01.JPG

OMG, seriously it's from China,

How to apply the entry pass, same as a Malaysian car enter Singapore? and need to convert driving lisence?

Suppose it's driven by China man, Singaporen cannot drive foreign vehicle in Singapore

↡ Advertisement