Repairs at Borneo Motors

So_nice

Anyone send in their accident vehicle to Borneo motors for repair? Can I noe wats the procedures like? Will we be able to get a courtesy car while being repaired?

For claiming purpose, bm will settle rite? Thx..

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

depends if u claiming ur own insurance or 3rd party's insurance:

if claim own insurance, then everything oso can and immediate repair start,

else...

• Praise 1

My experience years back, dunno now change or not :

Firstly, your insurance policy must cover sending back to BM for repair.

Courtesy car also depends on your policy coverage.

BM will evaluate and provide quote for the repair to your insurer.

They will not do 3rd party claim, so you have to agree to do own damage (OD) claim first, then you claim back from other party on your own.

BM will help fill up all the forms needed for you to send your claim to the other party.

• Praise 1

Anyone send in their accident vehicle to Borneo motors for repair? Can I noe wats the procedures like? Will we be able to get a courtesy car while being repaired?

For claiming purpose, bm will settle rite? Thx..

normally got courtesy car anot depend on insurance policy

last time i got send my car for C&C for repair after my uncle go and bang pathway

got the same model replacement car for entire week

procedures unfortunately i forgot, that time asked my insurance agent alot questions

• Praise 1

Thx for the replies..think I just send to my ws will be easier. Kanna rear ended and the other party back out from pet settlement. Zzz

Thx for the replies..think I just send to my ws will be easier. Kanna rear ended and the other party back out from pet settlement. Zzz

U kenna any accident, no matter how small, 1st thing u do is inform yr ins co. even if its a pvt settlement.

Ty might insist u send to their appointed ws for repairs n assesment otherwise ty might dispute yr claim or pay less than the full amt for repairs.

• Praise 1

Many years back, a taxi hit the rear bumper of my car and I sent it to BM for repair.

For me I find it hassle free as they fill up all the forms for me, and settle everything with the taxi company's insurance co.

( Including getting their surveyor to check on the repair needed )

I had a car from a rental company approved by my own insurance company for that period, and everything was done within 2 weeks.

( as my car at that time was less then 1 year old and BM replaced a new bumper for me )

• Praise 1

U kenna any accident, no matter how small, 1st thing u do is inform yr ins co. even if its a pvt settlement.

Ty might insist u send to their appointed ws for repairs n assesment otherwise ty might dispute yr claim or pay less than the full amt for repairs.

Ah thx bro. I went thru the aunty Lucy website and found tat can report even if pte settlement.

Anyway I already send to idac for reporting and my usual workshop will do the necessary for me.

Neutral Newbie

My experience years back, dunno now change or not :

Firstly, your insurance policy must cover sending back to BM for repair.

Courtesy car also depends on your policy coverage.

BM will evaluate and provide quote for the repair to your insurer.

They will not do 3rd party claim, so you have to agree to do own damage (OD) claim first, then you claim back from other party on your own.

BM will help fill up all the forms needed for you to send your claim to the other party.

I have managed to claim 3rd party when I chose BM to carry out the repairs. My case was also similar to TS, car was rear ended by another vehicle in a 3 car collision. BM will assess the case and advise accordingly. For straight forward case in your favour, you can claim as 3rd party.

I have managed to claim 3rd party when I chose BM to carry out the repairs. My case was also similar to TS, car was rear ended by another vehicle in a 3 car collision. BM will assess the case and advise accordingly. For straight forward case in your favour, you can claim as 3rd party.

Ok, I think my case is because my ins co (aunty lucy - also known to be inefficient to process claims) is not BM's appointed in-house ins co, so they can't handle 3rd party for me.

They also tell me the disadvantage of 3rd party is that should the claim didn't go thru, I can't do OD later. OD worst case I only bear excess.

My case just like yours an TS, kena rear ended as well.

I have send my car for accident related repairs at Borneo Motors 4 times over the last 5 years. Generally they are very helpful in settling the paper work, and their repair standards are high. One time, I allowed a third-party rental car company workshop to do the repairs. Also hassle free, but the paint job was not of a very high quality.

I have send my car for accident related repairs at Borneo Motors 4 times over the last 5 years. Generally they are very helpful in settling the paper work, and their repair standards are high. One time, I allowed a third-party rental car company workshop to do the repairs. Also hassle free, but the paint job was not of a very high quality.

Wah yr Toyota quite accident prone hor.

Or issit the driver n not the car? [drivingcar][grin]

↡ Advertisement