Women driver... what are you thinking?

Peterjelly

I wouldn't be so quick to judge not knowing what exactly happened.

1) If you see the entrance again there are 2 barrier to the entrance, one is working the other is sealed with red & white tape which I guess is down. There's a possiblity that both are not working.

2) Possible that the system is down coz the woman driver seems to wave the key card several times w/o success. If the system was working it could have been able to detect the key card in a certain radius and raise the barrier promptly.

Her actions tells me that she's anticipated for the barrier to raise but it did not. That's why she did what she did.

• Praise 2

1) If you see the entrance again there are 2 barrier to the entrance, one is working the other is sealed with red & white tape which I guess is down. There's a possiblity that both are not working.

2) Possible that the system is down coz the woman driver seems to wave the key card several times w/o success. If the system was working it could have been able to detect the key card in a certain radius and raise the barrier promptly.

Her actions tells me that she's anticipated for the barrier to raise but it did not. That's why she did what she did.

Can always call the carpark mgmt guys. She already broke the barrier the first time, no need to destroy it completely

I tend to agree with you...If one had traveled to Europe before...you will know that some of the highway toll barrier and car park barrier are using ''wave and go'' system..it is a very sensitive system that will react almost in double quick time......if the system is working fine...the barrier will opened up immediately....most of the drivers there don't even stop in front of the barrier or slow down to anticipate it to open up...they just drive through by waving the unit in the car....so I tend to agree that it is not really all about the female driver ''kayu-ness''...of course..going on to break the barrier further without informing the management is another matter.......

Edited by LoverofCar

Anticipate and therefore just drive on? How is that good driving? So to answer the title's question, the answer is: she wasn't thinking.

but this one is not the highway toll leh. Below are purely my assumption as I have no idea how carpark operates in europe.

It looks like she is trying to insert the parking coupon into the machine. (Similar to those in MY? You pay and insert ticket at exit?)

But she forgot to step brake and headed straight towards the barrier.

Noticed that the barrier is not able to lift after she knock into it, she "improvise" by bending it?