Avante antenna patch up

Sash1401

Dear fellow bros who r driving avante.... anyone have any recommended place to haf the fake antenna patch up or replaced? the rubber of mine is cracking due to rain and shine and i'm still sourcing for places for replacement. Thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

Just go to any body shop and patch the hole up lor

Dear fellow bros who r driving avante.... anyone have any recommended place to haf the fake antenna patch up or replaced? the rubber of mine is cracking due to rain and shine and i'm still sourcing for places for replacement. Thanks in advance

I recently replaced mine at Tong Lee Wee, Blk 59 Lengkok Bharu #01-547 (phone: 6475 5592). The replacement antenna was not exactly the same shape compared to the original one and therefore, there was a small gap under the antenna. But the WS filled black silicon neatly. Cost $50.

Supercharged

I removed the worn rubber base, put 2-3 layers of black heat-shrink tube on the part of the antenna previously covered by the base. Looks ok and doesn't rattle.

(edited)

post-175923-0-55787700-1467009186.jpgpost-175923-0-21743400-1467009201.jpg

this cover is a plastic and fix well with avante. Strong and durable. use clear silicon to glue it. So rain won't sip in. Swee Swee now.

Edited by vincent_C

Manage to find this thread. Hope someone can help.

My antenna rubber base had gone for maybe 1 year plus.

So far, the boot area seems okay with no water leakage.

Just wondering, where the water will go If I nv repair

Manage to find this thread. Hope someone can help.

My antenna rubber base had gone for maybe 1 year plus.

So far, the boot area seems okay with no water leakage.

Just wondering, where the water will go If I nv repair

Yes water will leak it. You have two options, just putty and just seal up the hole. You can buy the putty from a hardware shop or an auto accessories shop like Autobacs... the second option is to buy the rubber boot from Hyundai stockists like Min Ghee or Song Yi. For my Elantra, the model just before your Avante, it had the same problem... my mechanic simply patched the hole with putty...
↡ Advertisement