Mazda 2 braking

Kueijie

Hi all, I'm currently looking at buying a 2nd hand Mazda 2 SP. After test drive, I feel that the brake don't really bite. I'm a light footer, is it the cause? Any advice from Mazda 2 owner?

↡ Advertisement

it can be adjusted, is also very simple as long as adjusting screw brake pedal can be modified!

hope it help to you~

errrr.....how do u 'adjust screw brake pedal'??...... [dizzy][dizzy]

Hi all, I'm currently looking at buying a 2nd hand Mazda 2 SP. After test drive, I feel that the brake don't really bite. I'm a light footer, is it the cause? Any advice from Mazda 2 owner?

Good choice of car. Likelihood that the brake fluid hasn't been changed or it needs bleeding. Small, simple fix. [;)]

Furry is spot on. Considering the age of the SP, I suspect that it's more likely that the rotors are worn, or the brake fluid needs to be changed and bled.

sorry to interject. Normally for basic cars, foot brake engage Only front & hand brake only rear?

Or is footbrake, 70% front, 30% rear.? thx.

Just to confirm.

Mazda 2 SP is rear disc or rear drum brakes? I know rear drum's braking power is not as spontanous as all disc brake system.

sorry to interject. Normally for basic cars, foot brake engage Only front & hand brake only rear?

Both are engaged. Front biased based on manufacturers settings.

Both are engaged. Front biased based on manufacturers settings.

That's for footbrake only izit?

Handbrake is purely rear brakes ?

errrr.....how do u 'adjust screw brake pedal'??...... [dizzy][dizzy]

I think better to ignore this person.

Posts rubbish as far as I can see.

Alamak. Foot brake activates all 4 wheels.

Handbrake is for the rear wheels only.

For normal car, footbrake engage all brake with the equal amount of force. What usually people say that car uses more front brake then rear brake is not referring to the brake pressure applied. It is referring to the size of front and rear brake. Generally speaking front brake size will be much bigger then rear brake. So with the same amount of pressure applied, the one with bigger brake will have more stopping power then smaller brake. So hope this explain your 70%-30% not necessary is this figure as it's manufacture to do the calculation on how much waightage to the front and how much to the rear.

• Praise 1

For normal car, footbrake engage all brake with the equal amount of force. What usually people say that car uses more front brake then rear brake is not referring to the brake pressure applied. It is referring to the size of front and rear brake. Generally speaking front brake size will be much bigger then rear brake. So with the same amount of pressure applied, the one with bigger brake will have more stopping power then smaller brake. So hope this explain your 70%-30% not necessary is this figure as it's manufacture to do the calculation on how much waightage to the front and how much to the rear.

Thanks for the indepth info bro.

Alamak. Foot brake activates all 4 wheels.

Handbrake is for the rear wheels only.

Hehe.....only realize this after driving for 8 yrs....haha.

Should have guessed, how else would rear brakes wear if its only used for parking? tsk tsk tsk.....

Coz for bike, right level is pure front, left lever is pure rear. Unless have "combine braking" system, where by have something like right lever activates 1 of 2 pistons rear & 4 of 6 pistons front.

Then left lever maybe 2/2 pistons rear and 2 of 6 pistons front. something like that. Never owned such a bike. Understand maxi scoots are now all like that. These days bike/scoot go on to combine + ABS. Dunno over engineering or not. haha

↡ Advertisement