Fake BMW M5?

Gonefishing

Saw this on STOMP. It looks real though.... how do you tell from sound?

Taken from:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/is-this-real-bmw-m5-look-closer

Is this a real BMW M5? Look closer
Posted on 30 December 2013 | 25,016 views | 32 comments
bmw_0.JPG

What looks like an M5, has four exhausts like an M5, yet sounds like a regular BMW? This car spotted by ​STOMPer Mrskitty on a Singapore road.

According to the STOMPer, the car is the product of an elaborate remodelling job to make it resemble a BMW M5.

The STOMPer wrote:

"This is really a fake M5 with a matte sticker.

"I spotted a weird-looking BMW M5 earlier.

"Although it looks like a M5 with the quad exhaust and M5 badge (LOL) but it sounds like a normal sedan car.

"And true enough my friend checked it out on the LTA website and confirmed its a NORMAL 523 MODEL.

"This post is in response to the report with the recent Toyota car that was modelled to look like Ferrari."

Related article:

↡ Advertisement

Linky no worky. But I had posted a comment (the first!) to ask why the STOMPer was incapable of minding her own business. The comment was apparently removed, while all the idiotic responses supporting the original STOMP were left intact.

Now it appears that the entire article is offline. Good riddance. Of course, it would be better if STOMP itself went offline...permanently.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

Linky no worky. But I had posted a comment (the first!) to ask why the STOMPer was incapable of minding her own business. The comment was apparently removed, while all the idiotic responses supporting the original STOMP were left intact.

Now it appears that the entire article is offline. Good riddance. Of course, it would be better if STOMP itself went offline...permanently.

Upz Upz Upz....(but must wait two more people)

STOMP is an abomination

• Praise 1

if the stomper really wanna dig all out, then those TS, Civics , Lancers , Vw blah blah blah...............

I think she need to go into full-time PI job to CS all these cars liow......

• Praise 1

Quite boliao i feel

But amazed people can tell by sound??

Actually.. quite easy to tell from engine sound la. anyways.. the side mirrors is the most common giveaway.. those that chiong the M3 or M5

if the stomper really wanna dig all out, then those TS, Civics , Lancers , Vw blah blah blah...............

I think she need to go into full-time PI job to CS all these cars liow......

Dig out all the Lancerlutions please! Haha..

I feel those who have TSRX / Lancerlutions / 1.6R, a little poseur-ish, but live and let live la. Only care if the person driving dangerously, right? People want to cheat themselves or boost their own ego, or zhng just coz they like it but cannot afford, their own pasar.. Singapore own car already expensive enough..

• Praise 1

At our price, a normal 5 series can buy a real M5 with spare change overseas.

at our cheapest new car price now we can actually by a sport car overseas!

not A sports car. is MANY sport cars!

ya...a porsche cost USD 48000 and a lotus evora cost USD 68000......Singaporean actually are driving Porsche lotus everyday siak.....but in a mic or mim package!
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

at our cheapest new car price now we can actually by a sport car overseas!

yes. I think someone wrote an article about this. the ang mo must be laughing at us.

back to a serious note, I can accept a fake M3/5 but I cannot accept a 4 door bmw with a gt wing.

I actually saw it at shenton way.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1