2006 Toyota Wish Issues

Ronn

Hi all toyota wish bros, recently realised that when my '06 wish is accelerating on expressway after 70-80km/h, car starts to vibrate very very ferociously. It's like the car is travelling off road man..

Went to the WS and he said nothing's wrong with my engine. What else could the problem be?

Need some serious help here, the TWCSG site is not working for me I can't even register [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi all toyota wish bros, recently realised that when my '06 wish is accelerating on expressway after 70-80km/h, car starts to vibrate very very ferociously. It's like the car is travelling off road man..

Went to the WS and he said nothing's wrong with my engine. What else could the problem be?

Need some serious help here, the TWCSG site is not working for me I can't even register [sweatdrop]

Bro, try wheel balancing 1st..

• Praise 1

Is it only on expressway above 70?

That would tend to indicate alignment / balancing of wheels.

But shouldn't have a sudden onset - would be something that would get gradually worse.

Something that happened to me was a horrible vibration when accelerating - which was my engine mounts. But that was not speed dependent.

The only other place to look would be suspension. Unless....you haven't knocked a kerb have you? Maybe rim is damaged / or one side suspension is hurt

• Praise 1

(edited)

Bro, try wheel balancing 1st..

Recently got a punctured tired, change both side (front) already, all tyres same size leh.. Vibrating issues started before puncture.

Is it only on expressway above 70?

That would tend to indicate alignment / balancing of wheels.

But shouldn't have a sudden onset - would be something that would get gradually worse.

Something that happened to me was a horrible vibration when accelerating - which was my engine mounts. But that was not speed dependent.

The only other place to look would be suspension. Unless....you haven't knocked a kerb have you? Maybe rim is damaged / or one side suspension is hurt

On normal roads up till now I didn't hear any "vibrations"

As above, my wheels are recently changed but the vibrations started before wheel puncture

Another factor that affect is that because of the vibration my pick up don't much power on expressway above 70km/h (gauged roughly), quite dangerous leh no power when overtaking

Called WS and he said maybe engine oil leaking, don't know filter or what

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Edited by Ronn

Personally, best to go to a good workshop to find out the cause, like you mentioned, it can be dangerous on expressway if u should suddenly not have enough power to overtake. CNY around the corner.

Do have the problem resolved whilst the workshops are open. It's no joke to encounter a breakdown, *touch wood, paper and stone* and available one during the long break as some may take the opportunity to rest longer. And properly cost more too or parts not available cos stocklists also closed.

Tikam tikam is guesswork.....hope u manage to rectify the fault without too much hassle.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

2006 wish ... based on what i read ... my guess would be the engine mounting. seek a 2nd view if necessary. your current WS might not be looking at the problem correctly.

• Praise 1

I got the same problem. got it fixed at $600 for changing 2 parts. now happily cruising.

Please share what parts have you replaced?

• Praise 1

Recently got a punctured tired, change both side (front) already, all tyres same size leh.. Vibrating issues started before puncture.

On normal roads up till now I didn't hear any "vibrations"

As above, my wheels are recently changed but the vibrations started before wheel puncture

Another factor that affect is that because of the vibration my pick up don't much power on expressway above 70km/h (gauged roughly), quite dangerous leh no power when overtaking

Called WS and he said maybe engine oil leaking, don't know filter or what

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

i know this a dated post - but do u mind to update what's been done, where u did it n estimated cost?

also noted ur vibration affected power - so wouldn't be mounting of engine, suspension or alignment, but sparkies, airflow sensor, fuel pump, ecu (battery change recently?). if u havent done anythin, may consider go for diagnotics or best check w agent / trusted workshop.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Please share what parts have you replaced?

It's should be drive shafts and mountings. Balancing after changing the parts. Buy from stockist will save you a few hundreds.

Asking on behalf of friend who ride is a 2009 wish.

He can't engage P and hence the key has to be left there as it can't be pulled out.

Any solution? Btw he don't have a manual for reference.

Edited by Hamburger

He can't engage P and hence the key has to be left there as it can't be pulled out.

There should be a shift lock button where he can press and push the gear into P

Hold the button and shift as he would normally

post-13404-0-74775700-1424603003.jpg

• Praise 1

There should be a shift lock button where he can press and push the gear into P

Hold the button and shift as he would normally

Thanks bro,shall try it. Initially I thought it's a hole in a slot.

Apparently it's a button!!!!!

Edited by Hamburger

Neutral Newbie

Recently when cornering right, got a metal cranking sound. Still persist after I change the backing plates. anyone got similar experience?

Recently when cornering right, got a metal cranking sound. Still persist after I change the backing plates. anyone got similar experience?

What's your odo reading now ?

To those driving 2006-7 Wish, do ur car vibrate a bit during traffic lights stop?

Have u changed ur radiator before, mine seems to have the red coolant seepage at the top joints?

During traffic stops or waiting for people, my aircond seems not very cold but when move off the aircond is cold, anyone facing this issue too?

Maybe u all can share

Tq in advance

↡ Advertisement