TOYO C1S

Spartan

Tried to do wheel rotation + alignment @ two workshops during servcing (Honda + autobac) . The tires are changed from back to front and not left to right. But after fixing the tires from back to front, the steering wheel cannot be centred . Going thru a wheel alignment process will not help . May I know why as the tires are only 1 mth old bought from a tyre shop quite famous in the forum . There no damage to the tires it is just that is cannot be aligned .

Hence in order to not to cause any unnecessary wear and tear to the car .I switch the tires from front to back again and this time round there is no problem in the alignment.

So is there a case for exchange for my case ? or should I just trade in the tyres

↡ Advertisement

Tried to do wheel rotation + alignment @ two workshops during servcing (Honda + autobac) . The tires are changed from back to front and not left to right. But after fixing the tires from back to front, the steering wheel cannot be centred . Going thru a wheel alignment process will not help . May I know why as the tires are only 1 mth old bought from a tyre shop quite famous in the forum . There no damage to the tires it is just that is cannot be aligned .

Hence in order to not to cause any unnecessary wear and tear to the car .I switch the tires from front to back again and this time round there is no problem in the alignment.

So is there a case for exchange for my case ? or should I just trade in the tyres

alignment has nothing to do with the rims and tyres at all

u should be looking at your entire suspension setup including top mount and lower arms and ball joints/tie rods

chances are something is already dead there and thus causing alignment out of spec, else u have make love with a kerb big time

suggest u just bite the bullet and change everything

Edited by Furrynadz

why you blame the tyre when they were running fine at the back wheel?

Hi Folks thanks for ur reply. The reason why I did not suspect the suspension setup is because Kah Motor did not find anything wrong with it in fact i just change my front lower arm 3 mths back hence there should not be any problem.

Neutral Newbie

Currently on C1S and just did alignment 1 month ago.. everything good.

As mentioned by others, alignment of wheel and steering has nothing to do with the rim or tyre. It's all about suspension adjustments.

Unless your rim already bent and when mounted with the laser reflectors, is slanted.