CAT A "Luxury cars"

Quantum

91 members have voted

1. 1. CAT A Luxury Cars

• 2014 Jetta 1.4
    • 2014 A3 1.4
    • 2014 Civic 1.6

Assume you want to buy a CAT A "Luxury car" from above, which one will you choose?

Precondition: budget is problem, so excluded CLA180, also don't consider Diesel engine,

other concerns: Reliability, durability, Safety, F/C, Interior space, engine performance, handling, maintenance cost etc

Edited by Quantum
↡ Advertisement

If you want to drive VW/Audi you might as well lease. If any mechanical problem it doesn't concern you. And you get to lease another car.

• Praise 3

I won't qualify civic as CAT A luxury in the first place.

ooooh,

if new civic is not MIT, it still can fall in this category [:p]

ooooh,

if new civic is not MIT, it still can fall in this category [:p]

But why? Why civic and not Altis or Slyphy or others? Bcos it is a Honda?

But why? Why civic and not Altis or Slyphy or others? Bcos it is a Honda?

yes, it's honda and has glorious history [:p]

yes, it's honda and has glorious history [:p]

Hahaha...I think bcos there are ppl who think like you, still regard civic as luxury, that's why at 150K still want to buy? This is crazy, really. Seriously, I feel 2014 civic is CMI. I will place Slyphy or Auris above Civic anytime.

Anyway, since you posted this question, obviously my vote goes to A3. No need to debate.

Supersonic

If you want to drive VW/Audi you might as well lease. If any mechanical problem it doesn't concern you. And you get to lease another car.

but they might give u a replacement VAG car and you're back to square 1...... [:p]

Huh?.....Civic is 'luxury'? Liddat the K3 can consider Bentley liao. [laugh][laugh]

Hahaha...I think bcos there are ppl who think like you, still regard civic as luxury, that's why at 150K still want to buy? This is crazy, really. Seriously, I feel 2014 civic is CMI. I will place Slyphy or Auris above Civic anytime.

Anyway, since you posted this question, obviously my vote goes to A3. No need to debate.

I would top up a bit to get either a Mazda 5 or a Toyota Wish rather than a MIT $150K Civic [:p]

Ello Quantum,

VW and Honda are not and never luxury marques hor.

I'd steer away from VAG cars with the fcuk 7-speed dry DSG/S-Tronic.

So that rules out the Audi.

Thus I won't vote.

I'd be better off waiting for the akan datang Merc C130, or BMW 112i/312i.

Civic now MIT, doubt it's relaibility

MIT doesn't mean less reliable. My altis 9 years old and high mileage but it has never failed to start and has never broken down or any major problems.

In the above case like others pointed out, none of them are luxury cars. I will choose the Honda since it will be the cheapest and easiest to maintain although it is poor value for money.

Turbocharged

just curious. for leasing, can the owner still allow to mod the car?

↡ Advertisement