Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

Pardon me for saying this, but those bits in the genesis looks really really familiar...it is exactly what I imagined to come out if the e-class, 5 series, and lexus gs bred together.

• Praise 4

hyundai and kia "luxury" sedan really give bmw/merc/audi a run for their money

however, badge whore wins ... no matter what ... no crusise control, no lane departure warning system, no smart parking, whatever ... just need the badge [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

hyundai and kia "luxury" sedan really give bmw/merc/audi a run for their money

however, badge whore wins ... no matter what ... no crusise control, no lane departure warning system, no smart parking, whatever ... just need the badge [thumbsup]

but honestly, do we really require these features? i dont.. i got cruise control and reverse camera can liao

• Praise 3

I think they still need to put more effort in refining their engines.The car overall is competitive but engine needs more work. Their engine cylinder liners wear out quickly after a couple of years. You hear the engine roar but no power.

• Praise 2

yup ... hyundai and kia really catching up very close in terms of cosmetic and electrical features

but engine still far behind ... engine need time and money and most importantly expertise to R&D ... not easy to catch up

that's why the conti still in the lead in car making industry

I think they still need to put more effort in refining their engines.The car overall is competitive but engine needs more work. Their engine cylinder liners wear out quickly after a couple of years. You hear the engine roar but no power.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Don't compare to conti but jap car :D

Current Nippon car, only Mazda design look good.

Honda is getting from bad to worst.

• Praise 3

Pardon me for saying this, but those bits in the genesis looks really really familiar...it is exactly what I imagined to come out if the e-class, 5 series, and lexus gs bred together.

Thats exactly right. And the exhaust tips from S class.

:D

Why genesis logo looks like Bentley one?...

TO make it look expensive, if put toyota logo sure downgrade the design liao [laugh]

Think front look its like Audi A8.

Overall this Genesis is the bred of foursome conti cars

If it reach our shore, i think it will sell well

Current Nippon car, only Mazda design look good.

Honda is getting from bad to worst.

Toyota not bad getting good but still one step behind hyundai and kia in term of design

but honestly, do we really require these features? i dont.. i got cruise control and reverse camera can liao

Think for blindspot assist does help.

yup ... hyundai and kia really catching up very close in terms of cosmetic and electrical features

but engine still far behind ... engine need time and money and most importantly expertise to R&D ... not easy to catch up

that's why the conti still in the lead in car making industry

Engine wise i think power wise same as toyota but fc and reliability still behind toyota

oh....our future taxis looks like this har. [laugh]

Isnt it look great? Our road will be filled with modern cars and taxis

Nice?

wait until u see his abang (Genesis 2015)

When the Genesis will reach our shore?

Nice. Esp the interior. Nice update from my current YF. [thumbsup]

But me prefer the current look of my speedo n taco.

The Genesis is coming soon, see Komoco's website. They are bring it in.

http://hyundaimotors.com.sg/Genesis/

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 1

Maybe not so much cylinder liners wear out. These can last 10-20 years even with use of good engine oil n proper care.

More like after 2-3 years of the car being maintained n serviced by those Mickey Mouse half=past six mechs at AD , sure got many things out of adjustment n need to b put right.

Many good cars after being maintained by those lousy in-experienced mechs sure wil feel like crap. Thats why many think their new car 2-3 years quickly sell cos alrdy hv so many problems.

Those problems were put there by the lousy mechs employed by those big WS cos ty r cheap cheap n increase profits for the WS owners.

I used BnB cars for 10 yrs n a COE Corona I even consider to extend COE 10 more years till 30 yrs cos it was in such good condition.

• Praise 5

Nice. Esp the interior. Nice update from my current YF. [thumbsup]

But me prefer the current look of my speedo n taco.

The Genesis is coming soon, see Komoco's website. They are bring it in.

http://hyundaimotors.com.sg/Genesis/

Hyundai no problem to last 10 or 20 years even. Good value for money if can use till scrap or even extend COE another 10 years.

I drove a 1989 Excel 1.5 Auto. Never gave any trouble till I scrap at 10 years.

Auto box I only drain n fill the ATF once at 8 years n still it worked without any problems till 10 yrs old.

Hyundai no problem to last 10 or 20 years even. Good value for money if can use till scrap or even extend COE another 10 years.

Auto box I only drain n fill the ATF once at 8 years n still it worked without any problems till 10 yrs old.

Genesis badge now looks like Bently or Aston Martin?

Sud b about 3 lit car? A bit too big for me.

I look out for the 1.6 lit Elantra models n the Sonatas is more enough for me.

Edited by Pisces69

Supersonic

Genesis badge now looks like Bently or Aston Martin?

Sud b about 3 lit car? A bit too big for me.

I look out for the 1.6 lit Elantra models n the Sonatas is more enough for me.

Yea, the badge looks Aston with the wide spread wings.

I find that by physicla size & kerb weight, elantra/Sonata ----K3/K5, its actually more suitable for 1.8/2.4.

Looking at the Bolah Elantras I have seen on the road, practically most/all are 1.8.

From 1.6-1.8 for Elantra/K3, due to the improved power to weight ration, iwt FC should remain the same or perhaps slightly better.

Edited by Baal
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3