Tyre for SUV

Roythc

Neutral Newbie

Hi, need a comment of this two tyre brand, Bridgestone deuler n Michelin latitude ,size 235/60/18. In term of the quietness n wear rate etc.... Thank You for reading.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, need a comment of this two tyre brand, Bridgestone deuler n Michelin latitude ,size 235/60/18. In term of the quietness n wear rate etc.... Thank You for reading.

I'm using Bridgestone deuler, quietness wise is not good, squeal in MSCP cornering

I guess you drive rx? Michelin still the best.

What about the cost of both tyre ? same spec i suppose.

I owned a harrier 235/65/17, Silverstone Activa, Made in Malaysia, can't complain much on dry except hard braking can wobble a bit.

Turbocharged

I'm using Bridgestone deuler, quietness wise is not good, squeal in MSCP cornering

Car parks have slip resistant surfaces. It is common to get squeals - your example is not a good indicator of tyre noise.

I am using continental.

I find continental quieter.

• Praise 1

I was looking around as well, currently on Goodyear Wrangler, but this baby really noisy and bounced around. Saw that it has superb handling on snow and mud (assuming light situation). That explains the discomfort. Searching online, saw that yokohama avid ascend seem to be recommended for highway travel instead of off road performance. However cannot seem to find pricing in Singapore yet.

Anyone using and can review please?

Dump my OEM Dunlop tyres and went for Michelin Primacy MXV4 225/60R18 at $390 per tyre on my AWD CRV. Was actually contemplating Michelin Latitude Tour HP and Latitude Sport then, but US review of the MXV4 is good. Will try Latitude next tyre change. Will stick to Michelin, though a little pricey, but quieter and more comfortable

Edited by Amazon777
  • Praise 1

Dump my OEM Dunlop tyres and went for Michelin Primacy MXV4 225/60R18 at $390 per tyre on my AWD CRV. Was actually contemplating Michelin Latitude Tour HP and Latitude Sport then, but US review of the MXV4 is good. Will try Latitude next tyre change. Will stick to Michelin, though a little pricey, but quieter and more comfortable

Michelin indeed a Premium quality product.

I wont depend the info from place like America for the tyre reviews(may be for general info yes) , cos the weather and road condition are not same.

the number 4 after MXV denote 4 seasons ,so I don't think we need this kind of tyre here tropical climate.

try avoid tyre with4 seasons or all seasons if you can (unless otherwise no choice)

• Praise 2

hmm I would said Michelin Latitude Sports is a good choice as thet are meant for sport utility vehicles....however,you might wanna consider Pirelli Scorpion Verde. Link is in my signature if you are keen.

the latitude 3 is good.OEM tyres for porsche macan

hmm I would said Michelin Latitude Sports is a good choice as thet are meant for sport utility vehicles....however,you might wanna consider Pirelli Scorpion Verde. Link is in my signature if you are keen.

• Praise 1

Looking for the same tyre size (235/60/R18) myself. Called up YHI, and they have a new Yokohama G055 for SUV. Anyone with a local review?

The Latitude Sport is slightly below $350; happy to hear your quotes as well.

Looking for the same tyre size (235/60/R18) myself. Called up YHI, and they have a new Yokohama G055 for SUV. Anyone with a local review?

Hi Johnc,hmm Latitude Sports for my side is selling at $355 (inclusive of installation charges). Free first time rotation n lifetime puncture repair. If you are keen, can have a look at the link in my signature.

Michelin indeed a Premium quality product.

I wont depend the info from place like America for the tyre reviews(may be for general info yes) , cos the weather and road condition are not same.

the number 4 after MXV denote 4 seasons ,so I don't think we need this kind of tyre here tropical climate.

try avoid tyre with4 seasons or all seasons if you can (unless otherwise no choice)

Interesting to learn that the 4 in MXV4 denotes 4 season..

can share what does the 8 in Michelin MXV8 denotes?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I just changed to the Yokohama Geolandar SUV G055 over the weekend.

Early impressions: these tyres are quiet, no squeal and seems to have lower rolling resistance. Quite a bit cheaper than the Michelin variants. Previous tyres were Michelins, but these were badly worn out so not a fair comparison.

The G055 are meant for tarmac though, unlike AT/MTs.

Interesting to learn that the 4 in MXV4 denotes 4 season..

can share what does the 8 in Michelin MXV8 denotes?

just browse the US Michelin internet site. you probably can find the answer there

mxv8 for 8 season ? (cant find mxv8 in USA )

↡ Advertisement