Ital Auto sued over crashed Ferrari

1fast1

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/ferrari-owner-sues-agent-after-its-tester-wrecks-car-in-crash

The owner of a limited-edition Ferrari sent his car to an authorised agent for servicing, only to get back a badly smashed ride.

Businessman Lim Chin Liang is suing Ital Auto for an unspecified sum, claiming that his Ferrari F430 Scuderia - apparently one of only eight in Singapore - was damaged beyond repair.

He sent the second-hand car in for servicing on March 15, according to My Paper.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement

It means quality fail I suppose? Since they denied its negligence and assume its technical error. But I think its really gray, depending on what the servicing covers. I believe servicing should cover all operating functions.

Turbocharged

Correction: Thread title should say: "Ital Auto". Could a mod please correct this?

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/ferrari-owner-sues-agent-after-its-tester-wrecks-car-in-crash

Hmmm...

Some interesting comments

When asked why he was suing, the 33-year-old, who buys and sells high-end cars,

I wonder what "buys and sells" high end cars means? Does he make a profit from them? If not - why bring that up?

said Ital "refused to settle", "never apologised"

What value is an apology? And what difference does it make. Also, have to wonder what is his definition of refusing to settle? Is it refusing to meet his demands, or is it refusing to offer to him OMV?

and was dragging its feet by asking him how much he paid for the car

He bought it used - (apparently) before Ital got the Ferrari dealership, why would they know how much he paid?

and what the open-market value (OMV) was.

This part I agree is weird

Edited by Darryn
  • Praise 1

told u ur fingers too fat...hahhaahaha

edited

Porker never complain when I finger/fist him. But thanks pundek. [laugh]

Travelling in a straight line.... 68 km/h.... skidded and collided.

Just got me thinking: if I imported a Ferrari very cheaply with serious damage to the chassis, brake/stability system or engine, and I fixed it up outside or other countries, and then sent it to the AD fully knowing that the AD will assume liability after full servicing, and then sell it for a profit on the used car market, wouldn't that be a great business model?

Cos I do know of many dealers in UK selling damaged rides very cheaply. BUt you have to fix it up yourself.

Edited by Viceroymenthol
  • Praise 1

Travelling in a straight line.... 68 km/h.... skidded and collided.

Just got me thinking: if I imported a Ferrari very cheaply with serious damage to the chassis, brake/stability system or engine, and I fixed it up outside or other countries, and then sent it to the AD fully knowing that the AD will assume liability after full servicing, and then sell it for a profit on the used car market, wouldn't that be a great business model?

Cos I do know of many dealers in UK selling damaged rides very cheaply. BUt you have to fix it up yourself.

Great business model until AD sues you after seeing a pattern. Remember, the big ADs are no pushovers. Their legal budgets alone may be higher than the entire operating budgets of smaller PIs.

Porker never complain when I finger/fist him. But thanks pundek. [laugh]

pls lah, his butthole, even hammerhead shark can enter..... [grin][grin][grin]

nowonder they now endangered...hahahah

sharkap_450x300.jpg

Great business model until AD sues you after seeing a pattern. Remember, the big ADs are no pushovers. Their legal budgets alone may be higher than the entire operating budgets of smaller PIs.

Yeah lor... Perhaps that is why ADs insist on adoption fee for used cars or PI cars. To help defray some of these costs.

Edited by Viceroymenthol

I hate to say it but never trust other people with your car. That's why I make sure that I'm around when I send my car for servicing. Even if the workshop tells me it's gonna be a few hours before they're done, I'll stay and watch.

Hmm, post-servicing test drive or a quick joy ride while the owner isn't around? I find it highly unlikely that any car can skid travelling in a straight line at 68km/h. The guy must have tried doing some skids with the car when the owner wasn't around.

Ital Auto better find some way to compensate this guy. I can't imagine an top tier authorized dealer making this kind of blunder. This is something that would be expected from those fly by night workshops. This also highlights the fact that many people don't know what happens to their cars when they're not watching.

Turbocharged

I hate to say it but never trust other people with your car. That's why I make sure that I'm around when I send my car for servicing. Even if the workshop tells me it's gonna be a few hours before they're done, I'll stay and watch.

Hmm, post-servicing test drive or a quick joy ride while the owner isn't around? I find it highly unlikely that any car can skid travelling in a straight line at 68km/h. The guy must have tried doing some skids with the car when the owner wasn't around.

Ital Auto better find some way to compensate this guy. I can't imagine an top tier authorized dealer making this kind of blunder. This is something that would be expected from those fly by night workshops. This also highlights the fact that many people don't know what happens to their cars when they're not watching.

Neither can I ....

So I would have to wonder if it is a blunder, or if the dealer is being straight and honest?

Accidents do happen - it's entirely possible the car aqua-planed or hit a patch of oil / diesel on the road, and any other reasonably skilled person may have had the same problem.

Unless there is further evidence to hand, my first thought would be that its rather tragic.

I have also been peripherally attached to one of the "top flight supercar" distributors before - and the way they behaved is not in any way irresponsible or anything else.

Neither can I ....

So I would have to wonder if it is a blunder, or if the dealer is being straight and honest?

Accidents do happen - it's entirely possible the car aqua-planed or hit a patch of oil / diesel on the road, and any other reasonably skilled person may have had the same problem.

Unless there is further evidence to hand, my first thought would be that its rather tragic.

I have also been peripherally attached to one of the "top flight supercar" distributors before - and the way they behaved is not in any way irresponsible or anything else.

Agreed, but I think if its a post servicing quality test drive to check for any fault, then ital auto should be liable for it. Unless the servicing does not cover inspection for steering/suspension/whatever that cause that crash which I believe a usual preventive maintenance from a reputable WS(now we are talking about a WS authorized by Ferrari themselves) would include these inside the PM.

Quite likely to be this car:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=260810

Whether written off or repaired, someone's backside is gonna tear from the resulting bill.

This car only 1 owner. Article mentioned its a used car. By 'used' I assume current owner did not buy new from AD or PI.

lesson here is if can't afford don;t buy

there is a reason why the insurance is so expensive

This is not about affordability issue.