Vehicle inspection for road tax renewal

Zvicki

Neutral Newbie

just received letter from LTA, asked me to do vehicle inspection before renew road tax by Aug.

I bought a 2nd car last year in October and the car was inspected at LTA. I learned that vehicle from 3-10 years old only needs to do inspection every two years.

Does the inspection whcih I did when purchaing the 2nd car count for what LTA requires for road tax renewal? do I need to do it again this year?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The inspection which u did before purchasing is to check its road worthiness before you decided to sign the papers. So it's not the same. LTA inspection falls on 3,5,7,9yrs and every year if the car is > 10yrs.

With the inspection repprt, then the counter will allow renewal of road tax when you have valid insurance to cover until end of next road tax.

Also, sometimes the insurance is not synchronized with the road tax renewal. Usually, the insurance company will send you a letter to inform you to pay a prorated amount . Thereafter, everything should fall in place.

Turbocharged

If u received the notice means u have to go. Otherwise can't renew road tax.

Supersonic

dont forget if you safra member, STA got discount [:p]

Bloody hell! I had no idea! Had a couple of inspections while I had that free SAFRA membership and never got a discount. :angry:

Why don't they put big-big at the payment counter?

Turbocharged

dont forget if you safra member, STA got discount [:p]

What so just show them the card? Lucky I did not toss out that piece of crap plastic

Supersonic

What so just show them the card? Lucky I did not toss out that piece of crap plastic

I think I might have thrown mine out already lah. :D

Supersonic
(edited)

It's only 10% anyway

True. 2-way journey to the testing centre and back probably costs more in petrol alone. :D

Edited by Turboflat4

Bloody hell! I had no idea! Had a couple of inspections while I had that free SAFRA membership and never got a discount. :angry:

Why don't they put big-big at the payment counter?

i think they do. 10% not much but good enough for a meal [grin]

Turbocharged

Anyone read ST Forum page today ?

Some joker wrote to complain that Vicom passed his vehicle when it showed a "fail" at the headlights test. Really ; gia larn kar tow .

• Praise 2

Headlight alignment fail is very common de....

My bike since day 1 failed headlight alignment. No amount of calibration will right it. Lol......

Overall, still can pass de....

This mountain tortise heh.......

Anyone read ST Forum page today ?

Some joker wrote to complain that Vicom passed his vehicle when it showed a "fail" at the headlights test. Really ; gia larn kar tow .

↡ Advertisement