Isit ok to mix Engine oil?

cllq

Hello brothers,

Just wondering if it is ok to mix engine oil? Example, I check dip stick, oil is abit low, but still got quite a bit to go b4 next servicing. Like currently I m using Motul E.O, but if i use another brand to top up. Wont have much negative effect right?

↡ Advertisement

i even mixed 5w20 and 5w30 to form 5w25.............also mixed 5w30 and 5w40 to form 5w35...........all run for 10,000km..........no problem ...............lol.......... [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 7

i even mixed 5w20 and 5w30 to form 5w25.............also mixed 5w30 and 5w40 to form 5w35...........all run for 10,000km..........no problem ...............lol.......... [laugh] [laugh]

Tianmo, u power la. Only guys will do that... as for me, I dont really bother mixing. Haha

no issue, been there done that. Motul is a waste of $$..... felt cheated for the first 3 years of my ride.........

Haha, dont like Motul H-Tech, LM still nicer. LOL

• Praise 1

I would add a cheaper oil for top up, like any leftovers or even mineral oil.

Since, it's used as top up only and need to change soon enough.

Edited by Kb27

I feel different engines react somewhat differently to various EOs. Without a UOA, you basically do not know the quality of the oil at the end of the 10k kms. Also need to trial and error to get the EO you prefer most (butt feel?). For example, the Motul-TRD is great for Toyota cars, but average on Mazda. The same Red Line 5W30 may feel very different in an Altis compared to a CTR. However, a good fully syn EO will work excellently on its own without the need for additional additives.

There are some who will say Motul 300v is overkill and Turtle oil is enough but when one is paying $150k on a car, what is the benchmark? And then there is Bridgestone... or Roadstone?

Tianmo, u power la. Only guys will do that... as for me, I dont really bother mixing. Haha

test try test try mah...............if cannot just drain out lor...........i ever mix 3 different brands of the same weight of oil............ run for 5000km and drain it off as a flush.............(because i got 0.5Q balance every time I change oil, so I just mix all the balance )

anyway i change my own EO...........so I can play ard with it lor........... [laugh] [laugh]

I feel different engines react somewhat differently to various EOs. Without a UOA, you basically do not know the quality of the oil at the end of the 10k kms. Also need to trial and error to get the EO you prefer most (butt feel?). For example, the Motul-TRD is great for Toyota cars, but average on Mazda. The same Red Line 5W30 may feel very different in an Altis compared to a CTR. However, a good fully syn EO will work excellently on its own without the need for additional additives.

There are some who will say Motul 300v is overkill and Turtle oil is enough but when one is paying $150k on a car, what is the benchmark? And then there is Bridgestone... or Roadstone?

Hey... I tested a few oil but personally like LM. Anyway what matter most is the car is being frequently serviced to avoid any break down. That will do. If one is rich, go for high end oil la, if not normal brand work too.. So long as one is happy. U can spend a bomb but no one cares. LOL

http://youtu.be/_gZj98cKK8g

mix is ok

most important must have chio bu change for u

she from US. LOL i saw the video liao last week

test try test try mah...............if cannot just drain out lor...........i ever mix 3 different brands of the same weight of oil............ run for 5000km and drain it off as a flush.............(because i got 0.5Q balance every time I change oil, so I just mix all the balance )

anyway i change my own EO...........so I can play ard with it lor........... [laugh] [laugh]

Eh, u cant expect me a noob female to change my own engine oil...

Eh, u cant expect me a noob female to change my own engine oil...

aiya...............we change our own oil is for the fun of it...............and to try out different oil..........sometimes using cheap oil as flush....... [laugh]

for you ladies..............just send to WS when the service duration is due lah...........take a package and save the headache ............. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]