Possible new Sonata taxi?

nizmo89

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/22/hyundai-sonata-bisimoto-sema/

"This year Bisimoto's tuners are teasing their latest wild creation by starting with a normal 2015 Sonata and turning the wick up to 708 hp thanks to a long list of engine mods. The key in this massive injection of power is taking the regular 2.4-liter Theta-II four-cylinder engine and doing everything necessary so that it can actually withstand so much additional strain. That means introducing forged pistons and connecting rods and an improved valvetrain with new cams, plus a high-boost turbocharger to really up the ante. It's all then mated to a six-speed manual to get things rolling.

After hundreds of hours of testing, failure analysis and prototyping, 18 new products will be engineered and produced in house to produce 708 horsepower from the Sonata," said Bisi Ezerioha, owner of Bisimoto Engineering in Hyundai's release."

Imagine the Sonata taxi in SG with 708HP :D :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

up till now i still wondering why is there a need for powerful taxis..get those big spacious ones is better than more power..

more power just enables them to treat their rides like F1.

• Praise 2

up till now i still wondering why is there a need for powerful taxis..get those big spacious ones is better than more power..

If a M5 taxi and a Alphard taxi is available which one will you get into? If lets say starting price is the same

They're not powerful. They just happen to be diesel (to save on fuel costs), which by nature are torquey.

To be honest I much rather hybrids be used as taxis, since they spend quite a lot of time idling (and therefore engine not running).

Edited by Benarsenal
  • Praise 1

If a M5 taxi and a Alphard taxi is available which one will you get into? If lets say starting price is the same

Bmw or toyota? Answer is simple

I will quit my job and apply for taxi license.

And bring the taxi to NSHW challenge datok cars haha

Why do we need such powerful vehicles as taxis in Singapore? These taxis form a large proportion of the vehicle population. They are so fuel inefficient. So powerful that they are such menaces. I don't think taxis require such power.

As another bro said, hybrid or EEVs are more suited as taxis. However, taxi fares for these vehicles shouldn't be so high either as their running costs are lower.

• Praise 2

All of the taxis on the road now already very powerful liao, don't understand why they need to give taxi such a powerful engine in the first place?

• Praise 1

Increasing boost from a big turbo is not really that difficult. This kinda one off performance enhancement when it it comes down to reliability for road use is anyone's guess.

i'd rather take the alphard. can stretch out for all i care. with such luxury,why rush to my destination?

• Praise 1

All of the taxis on the road now already very powerful liao, don't understand why they need to give taxi such a powerful engine in the first place?

Faster to travel mah or else more taxi hogging the lane.

Next time give taxi panamera hybrid so that no more taxi hogger

Sonata taxis don't need 708 hp

They already out accelerate every thing now.

:D

The current sonata taxis in Singapore are using the 2.0T CRDi engine with 150hp, 305nm. But it's 0-100km/h is in the range of 10-11s.

Diesel engines car hardly win traffic light sprints due to its narrow power band and limited rev range.

More ever, the sonata taxis are running with antique 4AT boxes which further restrict its efficiency.

Most current diesel engines are not made with the intention to win any races.

Their priority are placed in efficiency; getting the maximum mileage from every drop of fuel.

Yes, modern diesel engines are extremely torquey, its meant to keep the engine rev as low as possible during driving.

The current sonata taxis in Singapore are using the 2.0T CRDi engine with 150hp, 305nm. But it's 0-100km/h is in the range of 10-11s.

Diesel engines car hardly win traffic light sprints due to its narrow power band and limited rev range.

More ever, the sonata taxis are running with antique 4AT boxes which further restrict its efficiency.

Most current diesel engines are not made with the intention to win any races.

Their priority are placed in efficiency; getting the maximum mileage from every drop of fuel.

Yes, modern diesel engines are extremely torquey, its meant to keep the engine rev as low as possible during driving.

A Sonata has 305nm of torque?

No wonder they accelerate pass so many cars.

How many cars has more than 305Nm?

2014 BMW 520i only has 270Nm

• Praise 3

A Sonata has 305nm of torque?

No wonder they accelerate pass so many cars.

How many cars has more than 305Nm?

2014 BMW 520i only has 270Nm

Yea, modern diesel engines can produce very high amount of torque, but their 0-100 figures are usually not very impressive due to narrow powerband and lack of rev which is vital for sprints. so even a 320i NA engine can out sprint a turbo 2.0t diesel.

Edited by Jackson_ngo
↡ Advertisement