Esso Hougang closing end Nov, giving out discount vouchers!

Doppel

Hello everyone,

Esso Hougang along Hougang Avenue 3 will cease operations at end of November due to lease expiry.

They are now giving out Esso discount vouchers:

$5 off with every $50 petrol, usable from 1 December 2014 onwards at all other Esso petrol stations; this discount is offered on top of prevailing credit card and station discounts.

The discount vouchers are given for every $50 petrol purchased at Esso Hougang, and it is a booklet with 4 x $5 vouchers usable from 1 December 2014 all the way till 31 December 2015, ie 13 months, total nominal value of $260.

Just to share the above with MCF forumers who pump Esso; good deal if you use DBS Esso Platinum MasterCard, the discount voucher plus the usual 17% discount works out to be 27% discount at the counter, further you still earn Esso Smiles points.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 23

Hello everyone,

Esso Hougang along Hougang Avenue 3 will cease operations at end of November due to lease expiry.

$5 off with every $50 petrol, usable from 1 December 2014 onwards at all other Esso petrol stations; this discount is offered on top of prevailing credit card and station discounts.

The discount vouchers are given for every $50 petrol purchased at Esso Hougang, and it is a booklet with 4 x $5 vouchers usable from 1 December 2014 all the way till 31 December 2015, ie 13 months, total nominal value of $260.

Just to share the above with MCF forumers who pump Esso; good deal if you use DBS Esso Platinum MasterCard, the discount voucher plus the usual 17% discount works out to be 27% discount at the counter, further you still earn Esso Smiles points.

I suppose the 27% discount is achieved with a minimum purchase of $75 worth of petrol using DBS platinum card (except POSB Everyday card) @ 17% + $3 off = $59.25 (21%) and minus $5 from Dec 1 ($5 voucher) = $54.25 (abt 27.6%). Wow! Good lobang. Other DBS card, only 24.6% Thanks TS.

• Praise 2

@keanie,

From 1 December:

Pump $50.00

17% discount: $41.50

$5 discount voucher: $36.50

Total 27% discount

$3 off on minimum $75 purchase for DBS Cards will end next Tuesday, 11 November.

• Praise 1

@keanie,

From 1 December:

Pump $50.00

17% discount: $41.50

$5 discount voucher: $36.50

Total 27% discount

$3 off on minimum $75 purchase for DBS Cards will end next Tuesday, 11 November.

Just got the discount booklet. You are right, $3 off is for November only. Thought is until end of the month. Anyway, d $5 off from 1 Dec for every $50 of petrol is the best discount. Cheers.

Edited by keanie

Thanks for the info.

Used to pump esso but now I prefer to pump spc. On some rare occasion I will pump esso too and I think this is one of that occasion :)

• Praise 3

Just got the discount booklet. You are right, $3 off is for November only. Thought is until end of the month. Anyway, d $5 off from 1 Dec for every $50 of petrol is the best discount. Cheers.

Actually, another way I see it is that nominal pump prices are still way too high compared to international market prices, which is why petrol companies can give away such generous discounts and build customer loyalty.

No way, have to beat them at their own game, otherwise a lot of "leakage" if we pay full pump prices.

Which other product can you get 27% discount for 13 months from December 2014 till December 2015?

变相折扣罢了。

Thanks for the info.

Used to pump esso but now I prefer to pump spc. On some rare occasion I will pump esso too and I think this is one of that occasion :)

I used to pump esso too but after that switch to SPC which offer better discount. Nowadays, everything so costly. So whoever gives best discount, I will switch. For me, savings more important than loyalty. 😊

• Praise 1

Esso at 590 East Coast Rd (near Frankel) closing for reno too..

And they are giving out discount booklet of $5 off synergy petrol and diesel with every $50.

And these could be used at Esso at East Coast Road, Upper East Coast Road, Changi Road, and Bedok South Ave 1.

Sharing these for every MCF bro here :)

• Praise 3

Hello everyone,

Hi Bro,

This Esso station is the one near Defu and lor Ah Soo ?

• Praise 3